Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 09-02-2008

...and here are some more pics of the cars I keep in my collection today-

Old 09-02-2008

Old 09-02-2008

I was going to say the CAT2K TC, but that's hardly off road...

So, for me the biggest advance on anything else around at the time was when the original CAT2K came out. That car on crazy UK indoor tracks was awesome !
I got mine the day before the big annual indoor race at Gateshead 1 year, and finished building at trackside about 7am....
Finished 2nd overall !
awesome car.
Still got one.
Original CAT was great too, but for anyone who ever had to build a pre XLS model, you'll understand why it's not a fave... it was a tough build !
As for those Pro Cat lovers, it was a good car after you dumped another 100+ pounds of aftermarket parts into it.....

1995 Scottish On-Road champion
2004/05 WesternCanadian Touring Modified and Touring 19 turn Champ
2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 World of Wheels Champ
Old 09-02-2008

[quote=bish;92233]damn, those pics bring back great memories! sweet topcat with black chassis...

A carbonfibre tub

And this is my favorite Shelf queen

Last edited by jeroen206; 09-02-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: to ad something
Old 09-02-2008

i'll never forget the cat xls build.i've never stabbed my hand so many times thanks to those slotted self tappers used to hold it together! couldn't see the carbon from the angle in the frst pic, that is nice, very jealous! i still have a schumacher axis pro, but it's nowhere near the same :-(

Last edited by bish; 09-02-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-02-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

this is the only Shuey car i have left, with rcp shell and garfield which my mother used to paint for me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xls 001.jpg (71.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg xls 002.jpg (42.3 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg xls 003.jpg (70.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 09-02-2008

Has to be a Cat 2000! Hadn't raced 4wd for about 8 years until last year - Eden Park Raceway brought back the old memories. Managed to get a reasonable one on ebay, loads of new parts and have run it with standard layout (apart from some c/f) since the middle of last year. It's still awesome around eden park (especially with brushless) and I still run the same old setup!!
Old 10-02-2008

Wow...everyone's really down on the 3000. Did the car just not fare well in the UK, or was it the same everywhere else? I'm still working on a setup, but the only real area I find the car to be lacking in thus far is that it could use a tad more on-power steering; jumps well and has pretty good off-power steering, even with the front diff. Love that it's tough-as-nails and reasonably quick given its relatively tall internal ratio.

So the 3K would be my current favorite, though I still have my first 4WD offroad chassis (LWB XL) that's only missing a body, tray, and wing.
Old 10-02-2008

i drove better with the cat 2000 ec than the cat 3000...plus it just looks cooler with the laydown shocks
Old 16-02-2008

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

My favorite was the original short wheelbase CAT. That car changed 4wd racing here in the U.S. from what was dominated by Yokomo. I'll never forget the first ones I saw, and how shocked I was at the strange looks, black wheels and blistering speeds.

I loved my TRC-chassised XL, and I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I could find one.
Old 22-02-2008

out of all the schumacher cars ive owned and still own it has to be my cougar 2 works/2000 hybrid,it used mainley cougar 2 works bits with a home brew chassis and cougar 2000 shock mounts with tamiya hicap dampers and it still goeslike the clappers.
my procat was later sold for a mint bosscat works which has got minor steering issues either to much or too little??
and 65 other pre 1998 iconic rc cars....

Nosram Novak Orion lrp Reedy Turnigy Futaba Schumacher proline

ACTIVE SCALE MODELS.CO.UK........better than some other model shop's ive been too...
Old 22-02-2008

I have a real passion for the old Schumacher buggies as well as the new. I own a set of the alloy ball raced steering arms which are rarer than hens teeth. Ive taken them to an engineer friend of mine and he's made up some scale 3D drawings on his computer and emailed them off to a couple of machinists. The quote has come back and I may look at buying 100 pieces which will obviously make up 50 pairs. Im yet to see if its worth my while as Im not trying to make a lot of money from this-just happy to cover the costs necassary. These items will fit the CAT,CAT XL, CAT XLS, PROCAT and BOSSCAT. Ive been running the ball raced steering levers on my Bosscat and they really are sweet items-far better than the old plastic units. If you are intersted shoot me a PM.
Old 22-02-2008
Super Moderator

Are they rare? I have them on my ProCat vintage runner

G
Old 22-02-2008

Northy you may be one of the lucky ones. I bought out an entire importer years ago of all his stock ( a mountain of stuff) and I got 3 pairs of these items nib. I havent seen many around. I sold 2 Bosscat works cars fitted with these but you may be the first person Ive heard of that has them too. It will be interesting to see if there are many people out there that have them.
Old 22-02-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Fairly sure there is alloy ball raced steering on my old Procat as well. It also has adjustable camber upper front wishbones - now i never did see many of those
Old 22-02-2008
Super Moderator

They came on a £19 Ebay wreck that when it came had MMS diffs front and rear, MMS layshaft, Wasp belts, ali Z bracket, ali chassis H brace, ali ballraced steering, ali top and bottom chassis...... Good score

G
Old 22-02-2008
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Fairly sure there is alloy ball raced steering on my old Procat as well. It also has adjustable camber upper front wishbones - now i never did see many of those
LMAO, I have some of those too Matt!

G
Old 22-02-2008
Mad Member

G what havn't you got.
Old 23-02-2008

I loved my Cougar 2000 95. I got a mint 1 of ebay about 2 years ago, all i need for it now is a body. I've also got a FAB 2000 that is a conversion for a cougar that gave it a mid motor and a sadle pack layout.
Old 25-02-2008

Default my favourite pussycat!

The first cat i owned was a 2wd topcat that i bought from my cousin, i had a reedy pink dot motor, think it was 12x2 turn and it was fast as hell.
I had my topcat for years but it was impossible to find parts for it here in Norway. I later bought a cat 2000ec, bought some sanyo 3200mah batteries and a reedy sonic II 11x2 turn and only drove it 3 times.
Picked up my 2000ec at my moms house about 2 years ago and all the tires had crack's in it. Bought some new Losi tires for it but have not tried it yet....Wil post some pic's of it later