Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 31-03-2012

Default what weight is your b4

as title .i am struggling with rear grip have spent alot of time making adjustment(tweaking) but still have no rear traction.front is ok. mixed tyres and makes no difference.have added low rear weights but sometimes it makes it worse. running on carpet and vinyl floor indoors.carpet is ok but nothing on vinyl.turned the motor down to low and 65% on hand set. but just no traction.others in the class are like sheit to a blanket.so im wondering if im miles too lite.cheers
Old 31-03-2012
Mad Member

It's about a lot more than the total weight (although weight distribution matters).

Tyres are far and away the most important thing. If you are on the wrong tyres, or if you are in the right tyres but they are worn out, you won't get any grip. Ask at the track for some tyre advice, the local drivers should know what works best (probably Schumacher Yellow Minipins or Minispikes).

The second most important thing is the car build. You need to make sure it is mechanically perfect, every moving part should be free running, every fixed part should be solid. A binding shock or a locked bearing (for example) will do more damage to your car's handling than any setup change.

A B4, built well out of the box, with a good set of tyres and a sensible motor should be driveable in most UK conditions with just a change of springs (silver all-round is common).

To directly answer your question, I always tend to run my car light (close to the BRCA limit of 1488gm), with roughly 66/34 weight distribution (which is more or less what a B4 builds to anyway), but other people choose to ballast the car up to higher weights by filling the car with as much brass and lead as they can find. It's a tuning choice.
Old 31-03-2012

thanx for the reply..i have tried a load of types of tyres.as per members. new slight used mini pins.mini spike and so on.think ive gone thru 25 sets with different inserts.front is ok with cut staggers car was 1420g when i weighed it.on the carpet its ok just cannot apply any power or brakes on the vinyl.got silver on rear and blue on front .
Old 31-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i found that on carpet the car is amazing,so easy to see what its about to do(when setup properly)before it did it,my driving style however ment i was never happy on slippy or damp tracks,i changed to the X6 and it transformed the car on the slippy stiff,if it steped out you could catch it easyer

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 01-04-2012

What weight oil and springs are you using?
Old 01-04-2012

never raced 2wd in doors but have you ever thought that you might be getting to much front end grip only found on astro and grass that to much front grip makes the rear end loose and some times getting rid of front end grip makes it easier to drive
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2