Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 16-11-2015

Well of course the wishbones are not breaking just like that. Left side broke when I missed a jump and landed on the corner of it. Right side broke when I touched the track boundary in a fast corner. Of course on could say, well its drivers fault. However I believe also that the Durango wishbones do not provide enough flex due to their solid construction. The Hobao, Asso and 22 from my friends have cross joints in the wishbones and that seems to allow for more flex and robustness. We are no pro drivers at all. But no beginners either. The track for sure is hard on the cars, but the other cars seem to cope better with those conditions. On our outside track I also have no issues with the Dex. But during winter we race inside on this track. For me it means I skip winter season or change to another car. If you start to think drive carefully to not break your car, you drive slow. When my friends hit the walls or miss their jumps, crash into each other and continue their race afterwards without damage, it just feels not right. Often I just think, wow the cars just must have been wrecked, but nothing. If it happens once ok, yes sometimes you just break stuff. But it happens way too often with the Dex210v2 to be considered normal. Sometimes I drove so slow, around a corner, was just touched in the back by another race so the Dex just slightly touches the track border and bam. No way that the wishbone breaks because of that, but it happens anyway. Race over. And yes I have the same with the stock plastic bulkhead. Frustrated...
Old 16-11-2015

I had a similar issue with my team c car once. I was racing indoor on carpet and it was very cold. I had shimmed all the play out of my wishbones and the slightest touch broke them. The cold certainly didn't help either. I removed some of the shims to allow some play and the issue went away. I know it's not a Durango but I do understand your frustration. If I were you I would double check the car and make sure you have at least some play and everything moves freely. Make sure no bolts are overly tight and make sure your shocks are not clamped too tight on the tower. Double check everything and if you still have the issue I would email Durango and send them some wishbones you have broke so they can take a look at the wishbones too see if maybe there is a moulding issue. Hope you resolve this. I personally used to use a v1 version and found the car too be very strong so it's an unusual one but good luck.
Old 30-11-2015

So I was sitting with a friend who own a B5M. We measured and looked at the front wishbones of both and felt they are almost the same. Not sure if it will help make the Dex210v2 more robust, but I now have B5M wishbones on my Dex :-)
Looking forward to test drive it. Here are some pictures of the conversion job.
Old 09-12-2015

Does anybody know when they plan to release this car ?
Old 02-01-2016

Well just as a quick follow up to my Dex210 front conversion to the B5M wishbones in the front. It works! Today I finally took the Buggy to the track. At 2°C I was able to fully empty 3 battery packs, 150 laps in total. Many hits with other cars etc. And all is still fine. The Dex is back! I love the stability it now has.
Old 05-01-2016

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dex210f/
Old 05-01-2016

Awesome. A high quality hook and loop battery strap.
Old 05-01-2016

Does look good, but..

How long realistically would the plastic gear diff internals last on super high grip we run on nowadays
Old 05-01-2016

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
Does look good, but..

How long realistically would the plastic gear diff internals last on super high grip we run on nowadays
Just under a year so far. I'm on the same set we started testing with.
They've been standard in the DEX410v4 for a while and I still haven't needed to change those.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 05-01-2016

I must admit, both new cars look good. The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say, but the first impressions are good design wise.

However has anything been done to support them esp spares wise in the UK?
A racecar with no support will fail, no matter how good it may be.
Old 05-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Just under a year so far. I'm on the same set we started testing with.
They've been standard in the DEX410v4 for a while and I still haven't needed to change those.
What's the reasoning behind plastic gears over metal, better performance?
How quickly can you pop the diff out in comparison to a normal mid motor car?
Old 05-01-2016

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Nori View Post
What's the reasoning behind plastic gears over metal, better performance?
How quickly can you pop the diff out in comparison to a normal mid motor car?
The composite gears are much lighter than the stock ones, you can even go down to running 2 composite cross shaft gears to free up the differential even more without any issue.
Lighter diff internals means less rotating mass therefore faster accelerating. You also get much less pendulum effect from the rear end of the car.

Diff can be out in about a minute. It's basically the same system as people who ran the DEX410 will be familiar with.