Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > SERPENT

Old 27-07-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Jorn's Euros 4WD car

Spy shots of Jorn's Euros 4wd car that Gerd has built:

Click images for bigger view.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/infoRC.net/...63421683761908

Haven't seen his 2wd car, but I've been told it was running xray arms.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 27-07-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 27-07-2016
Mad Member

Funny to see how much they have already injection moulded: Arms, gearbox, servo saver, front hubs... It looks good; I can't help getting distracted by those waffles next to it though!

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 27-07-2016

Read about this 4wd and the 2wd used to take second overall over on the Team Serpent blog.
Old 29-07-2016
Mad Member

surango...

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 30-07-2016

Seriously, I mean they are simply remaking the same 410 V4 buggy all over again and slapping a Serpent sticker on it thinking no one would notice? Ya I get that Gerd is the original developer of this chassis, but he made it as a Durango employee right? Isn't there some sort of intellectual property that Durango maintains? So much for Billy Eastons SRX4 I guess?
Old 30-07-2016

Make a search on sdx-4 and you'll find a chassis focus on Redrc on it. Similar to Durango of course. Not that strange really. Almost every shafts driven car look more or less the same these days.
Nice win by Jörn with it in the third leg of the Euros today. He owned Bruno in that one. Congrats to him for that we'll deserved win. Sorry that Cragg had such misfortune but Ae really need to step up their game. Modern 4wd cars are much more easy to work on. That diff could easily been put in the right way swiftly on any other car.
Old 30-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
Seriously, I mean they are simply remaking the same 410 V4 buggy all over again and slapping a Serpent sticker on it thinking no one would notice?
Besides being shaft driven, can you tell me how it's Durango related? It's a brand new, ground-up design. If you've seen the Serpent SRX8 you'll be able to see how many design cues they share.
Quote:
Ya I get that Gerd is the original developer of this chassis, but he made it as a Durango employee right? Isn't there some sort of intellectual property that Durango maintains?
Unless the car is an exact copy of an existing design - which it isn't - you can't say there are any issues with intellectual property. There are many cars on the market that are very close indeed in terms of design - YZ-2 & B6, S12-1M & RB6 - this is a Serpent car that takes cues from Serpent products.
Quote:
So much for Billy Eastons SRX4 I guess?
Nope - both the SRX4 and SDX4 platforms will sit alongside each other. It's down to the customer's preference of belt or shaft. Let's not forget the SRX4 has won both the Austrian/German nats and the DHI Cup.