Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 04-06-2009

Default URGENT: Venue & Club required to run 4WD RD 3 - 12 July 2009

All

I'm sorry to say Hubbarts Bridge have withdrawn from the 2009 calendar due to unforseen circumstances.

Please could any club wishing to run this event on the 12th July contact me ASAP.

If more than 1 club would like to run this date then I will put it to the drivers vote hopefully at this weekends Regional Round.

Please call me on 07921 493579, post on this thread or email me.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

thanks jim sincere apologies guys , hope we will be sorted for next year , if the club that takes this date requires anyt help i will be more than happy to assist

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 05-06-2009

Default regional 12/7

jim
message sent
Old 05-06-2009

OK at present i have Holbeach club and track putting themselves forward.

I also have a Venue at Birmingham but it's an 1/8th astro track but it could be made smaller, would need a club to run though as there is an 1/8 meeting on at another venue that weekend.

Any more interested in running this meeting?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2009

The 1/8 track sounds interesting Jim, which one is it, Frankley?

Suprised Leverton aren't up for it?
Old 05-06-2009

Yes I think it was, had a phone call today and ask him to PM me with the details but not heard anything yet.
Old 05-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Don't Blyth want to do it?
Old 05-06-2009

I wouldnt bother with he 1/8th track,it will be super rutted and bumpy.James and the blyth lot talked alot about it at the weekend i think,im pretty sure it came out as 99% no as they carnt get anyone to run the meeting.

Holbeach sounds good,but its 4wd there again,supose its better than not having one atall.

What do you think about it Jim? You and your lad both race,do you have any prefrences were you would like to go?
Old 05-06-2009
Mad Member

Have you tried Coventry or Hinckley? I'm not sure how the date fits in with Mid-West regionals though.
Old 05-06-2009

hi, im speaking on behalf of leverton, unfortantlly we canot run this meeting as the hall is fully booked up on the sunday, so there would be no carpark to park in. Its a shame we cant as it would have been good to have a different track in the series .Hopefully we will get the chance to run one next year and put a real show on!

but on the other tracks that have been put fowerd, i agree with carter dont pick the 1/8th track, it just wouldent work in my opionion.could you run the meeting at blyth graham? would be ace lol
-Leverton-Raceway-
Old 05-06-2009
Mad Member

Hinckley is a good idea. Ive been to a few club meetings there and the track is good and meetings are well run. Id try them Jim
Old 05-06-2009
Mad Member

Just checked the MidWest dates and it actually a free weekend for us. Might mean the Hinckley crew are available. Definately worth a try.
Old 05-06-2009

Gets my vote
Old 05-06-2009

Hi Guys

im sorry the 1/8th Track isnt good enough it was just an offer to help out

ill definatley have to have a good look at the track tomorrow and look for the ruts you speak of but thanx for the advice

Glyn
Old 05-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

mad dog there s nothing wrong with your track mate its carter still having nightmares from tallywaine , touring car drivers i don t know think when they ve been on one astro track then they ve seen them all , maddog thanks for the offer im sure jimmy will be looking at all the options

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 06-06-2009

Its not the fact i dont like bumps our frankley,ive raced there a few times with a 8th scale i used to have.Its a great venue,just carnt see it working for 10th.Every 8th scale track is pretty cut up,its just the nature of the cars and what they do,same as 10th to.
Sorry if it came across abit harsh glyn but you understand what im saying surley?
Old 06-06-2009

All,

Blyth have declined for this year as a venue, they still have work to complete for the National and are happy with the 1 round we have there.

I have no contact details for Hinkley but looking on the website they are pertty full with club meetings on Saturdays and it states the site does not open until 10.45am which is very late. Someone from Hinkley would have to contact me and put the club forward.

I've not heard from West Brigford or Broxtowe, both running 2 rounds this year and I know how much work goes into the meetings, they also may be happy with the 2 rounds but will find out more soon.

I don't know if Eastrax as a venue is still available I would have to find out.

Leverton still has work to do nd have declined for this year, I'm not sure the parking facilities are upto 60+ drivers with sharing the pub parking.

So at present only Holbeach have come forward as a complete club and venue.

Will keep you all posted.
Old 06-06-2009

I think Broxtowe are unable to help Jim due to a very busy calender with us running Touring cars.

Its very good of Glyn to offer. Thats what off road racing is all about. I can't comment on the track as i've never raced there but personaly i'd sooner run on a bumpy astro track than grass, unless its super duper bumpy.

Hinckly sounds a good idea as logisticly they are in the Mid East region.

Shame about RHR, as i'm sure most would love to have an extra round there, hows about moving the date to when the 2wd is on and having a two dayer, just a thought

Holbeach is looking the most realistic option, I reckon Hamblin, Waters, Fox and White should pull there finger out and get that Astro laid I'd make the trip over to help lads when possible.
Old 06-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter_213 View Post
Its not the fact i dont like bumps our frankley,ive raced there a few times with a 8th scale i used to have.Its a great venue,just carnt see it working for 10th.Every 8th scale track is pretty cut up,its just the nature of the cars and what they do,same as 10th to.
Sorry if it came across abit harsh glyn but you understand what im saying surley?
Actually Carter i dont

The Venue Has Been offered only to assits should nothing else be available,and i must point out that its the venue and Not the Team and the Club who were unable to run would be welcome to come and run it and take the proceeds Minus the cost of the Genny Fuel and Cost of the Toilets being cleaned

Obviously some modifications would have to be made to the track to reduce its overall length and the Main Straight could be cut into 2 sections reducing the Length,there is even a Grass Section That could be Used

Failing that if you want somthing a little smoother Carter i could always chuck some hosing on the grass Car Park for you and Ask Harris Scaffolding to come and chuck a rostrum up.Obviously that cost would have to then come out

The Offer was there to help with a venue....nothing more,were at Deerdale running the 8th-09 Series.

Glyn
Old 06-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSharpy View Post

Shame about RHR, as i'm sure most would love to have an extra round there, hows about moving the date to when the 2wd is on and having a two dayer, just a thought

Hey, cool Idea Mr Sharp.
I'll put it to them.