Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 21-05-2011

Default Top Night

Has to be said on my weekly ribble update. Another good night must say has to be one of the best heats I have raced in last night since getting back into rc at xmas. good to see matt and phil doing well getting places in the A final. I had a bit of a mare with grip. Trying to get more out of my tyres and save money doesn't always work.
The automatic start seemed to run smoothly well done guys
I did well in the final from 6th start to end 3rd I was happy with that.
We will see all you guys in a couple of weeks if i dont break anything Surfing that is
Old 21-05-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
Has to be said on my weekly ribble update. Another good night must say has to be one of the best heats I have raced in last night since getting back into rc at xmas. good to see matt and phil doing well getting places in the A final. I had a bit of a mare with grip. Trying to get more out of my tyres and save money doesn't always work.
The automatic start seemed to run smoothly well done guys
I did well in the final from 6th start to end 3rd I was happy with that.
We will see all you guys in a couple of weeks if i dont break anything Surfing that is
Nice one fella!

The rango was flawless last night! Did really well!
If it wasn't for the steering turnbuckle coming off i should have got a reasonable place!!! But thats racing as they say.

See you in a few weeks, il keep your "Weekly thread" going why your away
Old 21-05-2011
Banned

I had a shite night, usually start 3rd A final when I turn up, but wheel fell off and retired.

Not to mention some guy complaining to everyone about marshalling when there was a full set of marshals out there, and some kid freaking at his dad because his car wouldn't move off the line, next time work on the car off the track and the straight out of the way of the racers.

Also like to see pics of the fireball!
Old 21-05-2011

Fireball!!!!????

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 21-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Fireball!!!!????
Oh she was blazin hot hot hot !! Would still be burning now if I hadn't pulled the battery leads off, looked like a losi speedo
Old 21-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatts#725 View Post
Oh she was blazin hot hot hot !! Would still be burning now if I hadn't pulled the battery leads off, looked like a losi speedo
What happened?

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 21-05-2011

it was andy c car his esc smoked out after about 6 laps smelt nice tho expensive night for him tho
Old 21-05-2011
Banned

I saw a huge flash from the rostrum and heard the bang
Old 22-05-2011

I was having a good night also. After realising that I had left my trannie at home (great start) I managed to borrow a spare one off Tisher (thanks Martin). It took me the first 2 rounds to get used to the different settings but in the 3rd round I managed to get myself into the B Final (P4) for a nice race with Lee (P3). After a good dash to the first bend I was having a steady opening lap when at the end of the straight I managed to bash into a stationary 22, and that was the end of the race for me. Guess that's just racing. Luckily it was only wishbones for both of us

A great venue and great racing, well done Adam, Oliver and Martin in the A Final.
Old 23-05-2011

Yo whores!! I went York sat nite lads good little club, bit crap on banter not like the bury/Ribble boys!!! But managed A final 3rd not bad for a new lad at that club, raced with mini spikes and they were fine, anyway to the boys a won't be there next week don't think!!
Old 23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatts#725 View Post
That would be Mr. Cottom, was using a Novak spedo with a prototype board in it i believe, strange though as before that run he turned the boost off and timing down!

Was a great night as per, grip seemed significantly lower than it has been though...
Old 24-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
Yo whores!! I went York sat nite lads good little club, bit crap on banter not like the bury/Ribble boys!!! But managed A final 3rd not bad for a new lad at that club, raced with mini spikes and they were fine, anyway to the boys a won't be there next week don't think!!

whats this we are going to have to call you jet set Billy with you racing at that many different clubswas york a decent sized track then?
Old 26-05-2011

Ha tisher yes jet set Billy only the fact a was working that weekend up Yorkshire bud lol