Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 22-06-2011

Default 24th June Racing?

I'll be there, who else is Racing this week?
Old 22-06-2011
Mad Member

hopefully i`ll be there this week
Old 22-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Me and my brother will both be there.

BOTH 2WD, Need one PT for us both as we are car sharing, can you stick us in diff heats please chris, im happy to race in with the 4wds if needs be
Old 22-06-2011

Alisha and myself 2WD
Old 22-06-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to brizzlemark

I'll be there 2wd, probably will need a PT too. Thanks
Old 22-06-2011

Hi guys. I'm hoping to come along for the first time on Friday night. I bought a RTR SC10 a couple of months back and have since picked up a second hand B4 on here, just haven't had chance to race yet. Not sure if you guys race trucks every week, if not I'd like to give the B4 a run. Hope to see you all on Friday.

Cheers

Rich
Old 22-06-2011

I do believe it's truck racing this friday!!!!
Old 22-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post
I do believe it's truck racing this friday!!!!
Oh no !!

God help us all !

Old 22-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzy View Post
Me and my brother will both be there.

BOTH 2WD, Need one PT for us both as we are car sharing, can you stick us in diff heats please chris, im happy to race in with the 4wds if needs be
Shouldn't be a problem Chris, there's usually 3 heats of 2wd's. So we should be able to give your B4 a few minutes to cool down bud.
Old 22-06-2011

micro and 4wd for me
Old 22-06-2011

I'm in for 2wdand also need a PT. I wasnt going to say anything after what you said the other week Chris, but others have so what the hell. Will be there early as normal anyway
Old 22-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I wont be there again
Starting to forget what its like down there
Old 22-06-2011
Mad Member

I'm there this week

Just to note....I'm not sure what has been said about PT's, but they are given out on a first come first serve basis on the night. We don't do 'preordering' from here! Only because we're just not and don't really want to be that organised

As a bit of research and guidance, I know we only have a few to give out as a club, how many of you are not getting them week to week?

We only really have a few as it's a bit a of a job to track of them, and we can only afford to have a few. As a point of policy, and again this isn't really a formal written Caldicot rule...we try to provide handout PT's for newbie's first to try out club racing.

It'd be my suggestion that as soon as your a regular at the club (or club racing generally) and have properly caught the bug for this sport of ours, then invest in one of your own ASAP! Consider it a part of the electrics you need to install as a club racer, then you can have your own number, leave it in your car permenantly, and race anywhere without worrying about it

We all know they seem expensive, but they do actually help to provide a fair amount of the fun of club racing, and an essential part of competitive racing outside of that...so to me, it's an investment worth making
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 22-06-2011

theres a guy on ebay selling new ones for 55 quid deliverd iv had 2off him and there are deliverd with in 3 days
Old 22-06-2011

they are the only thing you will buy in this hobby which will always have a good re-sale value.
Old 22-06-2011

I know i'm guilty of racing for a while now without buying a pt, and i do mean to get one its just the old story of something else always comes up and swallows up my funds, namely my daughter or missus!
It is on the top of my list and i wont ask for one on here anymore.
I know they are handed out on a first come first served basis and this is one of the reasons i make sure i get to club early, the others being to get a table, to help get the stuff out ( as crap at actually help build the track i am) and to get out of the house!
Old 22-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
I'm there this week

Just to note....I'm not sure what has been said about PT's, but they are given out on a first come first serve basis on the night. We don't do 'preordering' from here! Only because we're just not and don't really want to be that organised

As a bit of research and guidance, I know we only have a few to give out as a club, how many of you are not getting them week to week?

We only really have a few as it's a bit a of a job to track of them, and we can only afford to have a few. As a point of policy, and again this isn't really a formal written Caldicot rule...we try to provide handout PT's for newbie's first to try out club racing.

It'd be my suggestion that as soon as your a regular at the club (or club racing generally) and have properly caught the bug for this sport of ours, then invest in one of your own ASAP! Consider it a part of the electrics you need to install as a club racer, then you can have your own number, leave it in your car permenantly, and race anywhere without worrying about it

We all know they seem expensive, but they do actually help to provide a fair amount of the fun of club racing, and an essential part of competitive racing outside of that...so to me, it's an investment worth making
I have been telling peeps the PT's are on a first come first serve basis. The club has 7 PT's and roughly 4 to 6 peeps choose not to run one or can't because they've all gone.

One idea is to share the PT's, if your in different heats it's possible to whip them out and someone else can have their times counted. I'm very happy to share my PT with someone.
Old 22-06-2011
Mad Member

phil, i have a pt you can borrow if your struggling to get one.
Old 22-06-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to brizzlemark

Sharing works well, Chris and I did it a couple of weeks ago with no issues. I have my own winging its way to me so that will help.

I also have an email from MRT for the PTX-20 (like the club ones), if members grouped together it would work out at about £43 each for between 5-9 and £41 each for 10 plus. This includes delivery and their discount for a delayed despatch so someone would have to organise and others happy to wait a bit.

Mark
Old 23-06-2011
Mad Member

Hehe...good work guys...wasn't having a moan btw and it's not a big deal...just hoping it would help you understand the situation currently and improve things amongst us on this one

Only down side to swapping them a lot is the plugging & unplugging...they can be a little fragile at times....another good reason to buy your own as soon as your able!

Good suggestion on the bulk buying idea...that could be a great way to do it for everyone!!!

Back to the racing...looking forward to it! Made the i final on both days last weekend at Kiddy...well chuffed, so looking forward to some tidy racing again, been great fun lately!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs