Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 03-06-2015

Default Team Durango 1/10th 2wd Spy shot

A spy shot taken within R&D of a new Team Durango 2wd 1/10th buggy has just been release onto facebook. From first glances it looks like it is a completley new design. More to follow as weeks go on i would presume.

11270539_951809478172544_6455469565619129959_o.jpg

Old 03-06-2015
Mad Member

cool

only problem is they are going to be impossible to get as none of the uk stores are going to stock them due to the terrible parts support and shocking way Revell do things
Old 03-06-2015

Default new 2wd

just think on and look at getting parts fro a dex210 v2 now and then think on the events of the past few weeks and the posts new car but no parts I wont be even contemplating durango cars again
Old 03-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Front end looks the same, the shiny button is in there. Looks like a low profile gearbox at the back end like the Yz2 which is all the rage right now.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 04-06-2015
Mad Member

My guess is it's a MrO 210/410 hybrid that he runs at he Nats & a panicky Durango are trying to take some credit for it & drum up some interest before they're dead in the UK.
Old 05-06-2015

The following information has now turned up directly from Chris Doughty on facebook in the early hours of this morning.

I few snippets of information for you all.

- This car is not a DEX210 (or DEX210v2) replacement
- This is a 'forward motor' car that will sit alongside DEX210 and DEX410
- DEX210 front end but not a DEX410 rear end
- 12mm hex wheel fitment will be included in kits
I've probably said too much already...

Things are really starting to hot up around this new Team Durango 2wd forward motor car.

Last edited by Jason A; 05-06-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

who cares... it's not going to win the worlds or a euros as all the top drivers have been binned or left.
No uk suppliers will stock it or parts and it'll be bloody ages before it gets released that the 'fashion' will be something else entirely.
One spy shot isn't going to help the people abandoned by durango.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Col; 07-06-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2015

You tell them Neal!!!!!!!

Shame it's not a replacement for the 210 v2 cos that was crap and only half the car the v1 is/was!

But still if there's no parts support and no one campaigning it what's the point?

To little to late.

And I can pinpoint the exact moment it all went wrong........ the garbage DIMEC snapping chassis, to many options in to many colours and no development!

410 v4 best 4wd about don't care what anybody says

210 v2 best sell it
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----

Last edited by NeilRalph77; 05-06-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Neil Lewis, Your 'who cares' statement is quite an interesting one...

Typically people that 'Dont care' usually ignore something they don't care about quite simply because they do no care...

Neil Ralph, I find it hard to work out how you can find such a negative difference between the DEX210v1 and DEX210v2, all of the parts are cross compatible so you can use v1 parts to 'setup' your car in your favorite settings.

A manufacture provides a car with setup options and option/alternative parts to allow customers to tune the car to exactly the way they want it to drive.

DIMEC Chassis, if you don't like the way it drives or you find it isn't strong enough then you can use the stock DEX210v2 Alu chassis. (see above in reference to setup options and car tuning)
Personally, I used the DIMEC chassis at the oOple race on dirt because I wanted more flex in my car than the Alu chassis and did quite well with it.
I also used it at worksop a few times in MM config

In my opinion the TD line-up of 10th cars was missing something

DEX210v2
RM - great for low grip dirt, medium grip dirt
MM - great for medium/high grip dirt, multisurface astroturf tracks with concrete sections, wet astroturf, low traction carpet with polished floor, worksop and also on grass tracks.

<gap>
'velcro' 100% astroturf tracks
high traction carpet (EOS style)
(a lot of the UK outdoor tracks recently)

DEX410v4
- all tracks, awesome

This car has been designed and developed to sit alongside the DEX210v2 and DEX410v4 cars. Its not a fad car, the design has been considered and refined and we are really happy with the result.

Though my initial reply was directed towards the 2 Neils, they don't care so its probably a waste of my time,
but for the people that do care, I hope you appreciate my honest insight

the RC race industry is cyclical, no one manufacturer stays in favor all the time.
I'm looking forward to looking back on some of these 'Durango hate' threads and seeing 'Durango' cars in peoples signatures.
Old 05-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Doughty View Post
Neil Ralph, I find it hard to work out how you can find such a negative difference between the DEX210v1 and DEX210v2, all of the parts are cross compatible so you can use v1 parts to 'setup' your car in your favorite settings.

I'm looking forward to looking back on some of these 'Durango hate' threads and seeing 'Durango' cars in peoples signatures.
And that I did I built the v2 geometry onto the v1 chassis and instantly improved it, then I put the v1 gullwings on it and it was better still so countless development hours and production delays resulted in rear wishbones and a rear tower and very little else I even went back to the HRC, then I put the v1 rear end back on to complete it and sold all the v2 stuff as irrelevant. What a costly exercise!

Look in my signature I still have 1 and love it thoroughly I'll back it to the end but don't tell me the v2 was anything other than pfft!!!

And as for the Dimec I don't know anyone who owned one that didn't break it at some point well apart from Collinson, a chassis that was so good it was quickly superseded by the type B!
----AE B6.4----
Old 05-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Neil, thanks for your reply, I'm glad you have found the sweet spot with your own car for your own driving.

I do disagree with your comment about the v2 being 'pfft' maybe for you on the tracks you race on you might prefer v1 parts to get the setup you like.

I personally use all the v2 parts (sometimes changing between LRC and HRC depending on track)

But during the development of the v2 one of the goals was to maintain compatibility with v1 parts for the very reason you desire.

It would have been a costly exercise if we were designing you a personal 2WD car.
But we are developing cars for a global market for lots of driving styles, lots of different tracks for lots of different kinds of tires being used. and the v2 parts are quite widely liked

Last edited by Chris Doughty; 05-06-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-06-2015

Default the hate threads

the hate threads as someone has called them are not hate threads if you perceive something as a hate thread because it points out facts about a particular brand and there short comings I.E durango and there attrocious parts availability there web site that shows so called UK dealers who dont stock durango parts and dealers who missing and to add another part to the dealer network check out there world wide list and see how many shops on there lists actually stock durango believe me I have and they seriously need to do some major updating of there dealer network. If a brand decides not to support or has problems supporting club racers with parts do we not have a right to put our views out there to the masses of the rc world ??

hobbicos own words parts should be in stores within 48 hours of ordering but talk with shops who have to wait and wait while there customers cars are sat waiting for parts unable to race as a part is broken is in stock in germany but they seem unable to send across the mainland to the UK
these are facts nothing more
Old 05-06-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Neil, thanks for your reply, I'm glad you have found the sweet spot with your own car for your own driving.

I do disagree with your comment about the v2 being 'pfft' maybe for you on the tracks you race on you might prefer v1 parts to get the setup you like.

I personally use all the v2 parts (sometimes changing between LRC and HRC depending on track)

But during the development of the v2 one of the goals was to maintain compatibility with v1 parts for the very reason you desire.

It would have been a costly exercise if we were designing you a personal 2WD car.
But we are developing cars for a global market for lots of driving styles, lots of different tracks for lots of different kinds of tires being used. and the v2 parts are quite widely liked
I owned a Dex210 and DEST210 RTR enjoyed them both and thought I improved as a driver with my 210,but both were sold due to lack of part support from Durango and too many changes at the head of the company.

Stockists cannot get parts or support from Revell or Durango and the recent shift they made by binning most "Team Drivers" and sticking to club racers isnt going to help as club racers dont want a car they cant get parts for.
It could be the most amazing car in the world but you wouldnt want to drive it for fear of breaking it and not getting a spare.

Even Tamiya who have no official UK dealer for the 1/10th race buggies have die hard supporters who ship parts in from Hong kong and Japan and can get spares quicker and easier than any Durango driver.

not hating at all
I liked Durango as a brand and as a car, but its hard to support something you cant fix, and even harder to get behind something that has no established "top team" to aid us mere mortals with setup advise and tips.
Schumacher gets this right as, they have loads of team drivers and every one of them pimps the brand and helps other drivers, and it encourages people to have faith in the brand.

Neal's "who cares" comment I believe was simply his way of saying that drivers have lost faith in the brand and it will take more than a new car to bring that faith back
Old 05-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Interesting stuff / read.

Most people posting here do or did care, as at some point we all owned a Durango car or cars.
I have bought 9 Durango cars in total - all bought brand new and from my LHS who can no longer get parts... Fact.

A new car is always nice - but it may be too little too late, unless it's amazing - but as Neal pointed out, who is going to show it's potential and who can club drivers turn to at local and regional meetings?

Chris - yes the racing community is fickle - but it's also full of intelligent people who can see when a company is not supporting it's customers. Things may change, but what I see at club level is people moving away from the brand - for now.

Maybe fix the supply problem - issue a formal apology / statement - be honest about the situation and launch the new car?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 05-06-2015

I think its funny how people flock like sheep to buy the last car that won the worlds or what ever. So if a car doesn't win the worlds this year its suddenly shite?

So they are having a bad spell for parts back up.... Wasn't that long ago Associated were a US only brand and everything had to shipped. Didn't stop folk buying them.

Durango have been very good the their customers by releasing updated models that are fully compatible with the old. Other manufactures make you buy a new car, not a great business plan, but for me deserves loyalty. Because of this I have enough spares to keep me going for year or two.

I'll sticking with them through this bad patch, as I know my 410v4 is more than capable, even with me driving it.

Stop scare mongering, dumb opinions made by tosspots will end killing off a another RC brand that did us proud for years. Who's your next victim XRAY?
Old 05-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I was posting here to provide a bit of an insight about the new car, and the development process. I thought people might appreciate that kind of information.

The conversation seems to have diverted towards spares supply which I do not deal with and therefore can not offer any answers to questions on that subject.
I work in R&D, I coordinate the projects and get them ready for production.

With regard to statements, I thought it was pretty clear with the statement that was released towards the end of last year.
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...ture-with-you/
This statement seems to have been slightly missunderstood by a lot of people skim reading or by word of mouth hearsay.
This statement is still true, its still our philosophy and still being worked on.

If its read properly the only real change to our race program was that we would no longer employ professional drivers and send them all over the world buying wins and titles.

We still intend to have A-team racers, B-team racers, well supported customer/club racers. this is starting to gain momentum with our 8th scale cars at the moment.
We will start to focus on 10th scale team as the cars get closer to release.

I'm sure we can backwards and forwards all day long about this. but I'm pretty sure none of the people involved with the backwards and forwards debate on the spare parts situation know the full story behind it. I certainly don't.
Old 05-06-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honrico Diablo View Post
I think its funny how people flock like sheep to buy the last car that won the worlds or what ever. So if a car doesn't win the worlds this year its suddenly shite?

So they are having a bad spell for parts back up.... Wasn't that long ago Associated were a US only brand and everything had to shipped. Didn't stop folk buying them.

Durango have been very good the their customers by releasing updated models that are fully compatible with the old. Other manufactures make you buy a new car, not a great business plan, but for me deserves loyalty. Because of this I have enough spares to keep me going for year or two.

I'll sticking with them through this bad patch, as I know my 410v4 is more than capable, even with me driving it.

Stop scare mongering, dumb opinions made by tosspots will end killing off a another RC brand that did us proud for years. Who's your next victim XRAY?

Quote:
I was posting here to provide a bit of an insight about the new car, and the development process. I thought people might appreciate that kind of information.

The conversation seems to have diverted towards spares supply which I do not deal with and therefore can not offer any answers to questions on that subject.
I work in R&D, I coordinate the projects and get them ready for production.

With regard to statements, I thought it was pretty clear with the statement that was released towards the end of last year.
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...ture-with-you/
This statement seems to have been slightly missunderstood by a lot of people skim reading or by word of mouth hearsay.
This statement is still true, its still our philosophy and still being worked on.

If its read properly the only real change to our race program was that we would no longer employ professional drivers and send them all over the world buying wins and titles.

We still intend to have A-team racers, B-team racers, well supported customer/club racers. this is starting to gain momentum with our 8th scale cars at the moment.

I'm sure we can backwards and forwards all day long about this. but I'm pretty sure none of the people involved with the backwards and forwards debate on the spare parts situation know the full story behind it. I certainly don't.
And again

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 05-06-2015
Mad Member

I'm going to add my two-penneth, although I speak as a driver that has never had Durango or had to buy parts so have no axe to grind.

The comment about human nature wanting to buy the car that recently won something - yes, that is why it is called human nature. People do like to be able to justify their decisions and pre-validation by following a success is a key aspect of this.
I have read TD statement (linked in an earlier post) and I think that their objectives are great - I certainly made my car decision based on the cars run at my local club as it meant I could get help and advice from people standing next to me in a field - that is essential for a driver such as I. TD was a brand I considered, but during an early visit to a club, I tried to speak to a few different drivers and it just happened that the AE and Yokomo drivers were only too eager to help (thank you to them).

With regard to spares - I am certain that if TDs goal this year is to focus on club level, I would hope that someone inside TD is reading the current wave of negative feedback on trying to get parts and will be doing something about it. It would be normal business suicide to see a clear market need from your customers and then decide not to respond to it. Lets hope it is only a blip, but I do believe it is real as it isn't just the drivers saying it, it is the hobby shops themselves.

We all know how quick a driver is to blame a shop if they don't have parts, so trying to work with a brand that doesn't support the LHS will actually damage the LHS reputation - I can therefore understand why a LHS would try to distance themselves from this situation.

It has been said - it makes no difference how good a product is if you don't feel that you are being supported and at the moment this is the problem. Nobody is saying the stuff isn't good, but it simply isn't available. TD posted a message on their website, making the promise of availability within 48hrs, so I'd hope that someone is now monitoring this to make sure they can deliver upon it.

I will watch how it proceeds with interest as I have a morbid fascination with companies that don't learn from customer feedback AND when you look at the ones that do stand up and say "OK chaps, we messed up here, but understand what the issue is, here is how we are fixing it, let us know how it goes" you typically see the companies that are successful.

New Coke anyone?

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...

Last edited by Ashlandchris; 05-06-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2015

I'm sure people do appreciate the update but like I said it maybe too late after shop after shop and racer after racer has lost faith,

Unless it starts winning then people will flock back in droves, but how will it win without a race team,

Jorn was winning in Europe and people latched onto this we had top ten national drivers and people wanted the same car, Lee's winning with the Yok and I'm fairly sure that's not hurting the brand

Honda and Yamaha spend millions on R&D and rider wages to put themselves at the top of bike racing, there's a sea of yellow and the number 46 plastered all over because Rossi is a winner, I'm sure if he'd just run round at the back or made up numbers for the last 10 years this would be very different, people like to be associated with winning, it sell's product it's not about buying wins its about market share, provenance will get you so far but if you have none and your not winning then your ultimately loosing.

And people need to be able to buy what these winners are using not put off by disorganisation, bad support and wait after wait.
----AE B6.4----
Old 05-06-2015

Default theres our answer

seems there focus is not on the current crop of 1/10th cars and I post a quote from there own rd post

so until the new cars come out sounds to me that those with the current cars are being hung out to dry with support you do realise by making that statement in your own post how that now makes those people who have bought your current crop of cars feel for me just shows how little the company actually knows there current drivers are feeling does this quote make me want to stick by a brand that does not want to support the current models and the owners of these current 1/10th models hell no to me that statement/quote from someone who works in rd of durango just shows that the company wants to take more money and force us to buy the new and latest arrival when it arrives. HOld on here though we have no support for current models in the brand line up unless its 1/8th but we got a new 1/10th coming out that we want you all to buy and we promise to support that model but they cannot support or deal with the current problems in supplies and it not just the uk that the problems of parts supplies are surfacing instead of trying to promote a new model and promising support for it when it comes out how about the company deal with the problems with the current issues then maybe and I say maybe people will look at the new model with out the current issues sitting in the back of there heads and putting them off. the only people who are killing off the brand or writing it off are themselves due to the current issues and with there own rd making statements like the one that has been posted on this thread.