Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 09-04-2014
Mad Member

Default supastox sidepod links

On the rear motor pod / carbon plate , there are 2 holes for mounting the links onto , can anyone exsplain what difference it would make , or which hole ( inner or outer ) its suited to ?? , or fitting /removing shims etc etc .

I ran it tonight at a little indoor carpet meeting , and for the final i changed them to the outer holes , it felt better , but maybe a bit looser exiting the corner , but was definatly quicker , just wondering what grip levels / track layouts / circuit - oval etc its normaly used on ..
Old 09-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Outer holes are for the 2S chassis. The links are wider on that. Using them on a 1S chassis puts the links at a slight angle, which i guess will bring the lower part of the rear pod in a touch. I was trying to visualise the effect of this; the wheelbase will be a touch shorter and it may alter the antisquat, is what I think will be the result.

Never run it myself.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-04-2014
Mad Member

yeah it did change the angle a little , as i said it felt a bit looser exiting the corner, but had nothing to loose , and it was only a little fun meeting etc

but just wondering what they are designed for . will ask the same question on the fb page
Old 10-04-2014

doing what u have done in moving links out to the outter holes will alloy the rear of car to in effect body roll, hence why u feel u lost grip off corners hope this helps
Old 10-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun m View Post

but just wondering what they are designed for . will ask the same question on the fb page
I told you what they were designed for. The 2S chassis. its slightly wider and the outer pod holes are so the links are parallel using it.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-04-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I told you what they were designed for. The 2S chassis. its slightly wider and the outer pod holes are so the links are parallel using it.
yes , but i didn't know if there was any other advantage in changing it , and you said , and i quote "is what I think will be the result" soo was just wondering if there was any other thoughts about it , and could'nt find anything in the manual about it .
Old 10-04-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansmith565 View Post
doing what u have done in moving links out to the outter holes will alloy the rear of car to in effect body roll, hence why u feel u lost grip off corners hope this helps
Not true
Old 10-04-2014

It is in real racing
Old 10-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansmith565 View Post
It is in real racing
What real racing has a suspension system like a gt12 ss?
Old 10-04-2014
Mad Member

It might do on a real car where the top links are running in a different arc to the bottom links, but this is a parallelogram of top and bottom links. Can't think of any road car whose rear suspension is a parallelogram, so why would it react the same as different suspension system?

The effect would be almost nothing on roll rate - if it did anything it might cause the rear axle to steer a bit in roll. That effect would make you think the car is loose because the rear axle is steering away from the corner causing the rear of the car to accelerate and rotate faster.
Old 10-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
What real racing has a suspension system like a gt12 ss?
99% of oval hotrods are 3 link system with panard rod!
Old 10-04-2014

According to this the links should be parrallell to the chassis from above only moving the front and rear pick up points up or down alters handling
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/show...t=42568&page=2

But as pdw hastsaid its a different 3 link to that used in the sss.