Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 30-03-2014

Default Newbie

I'm very new to this on-road thing, but gonna be heading to a local club for a giggle soon and wanted to know what tyres are the best for polished wood floor.

I'm gonna be running a HB TCX with a brushed setup in it to start before probably moving to a brushless 13.5 in the future in the spare car.

Any help appreciated.

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 30-03-2014

Make sure the club allows any tyre first of all! If so, you may find something like a schumacher yellow mini pin or spike will be the tyre for a polished floor, some rally block tyres are also good for indoors... Nice soft set up on the suspension is a good choice too IMO... Try to avoid a slick as they are not too good on dusty surfaces... However, you will prob find a light touch on the throttle will give the best grip..!!

Hope this helps...
Old 12-04-2014

Well, was an absolute right giggle. Couple of pints, some good lads and a small track. Epic. Thats what RC Car racing should be about.

The lads at the club run a chinese tyre, but I ran some and they were pretty poor tbh, think I'm gonna stick with minipins in yellow. I nicked a set from one of the lads there and I love it, bit drifty when pushed but worked for me pretty well.

Now I just need to find out how to get more steering lock and I'll be golden...

Thanks for the advice MT...

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback