Sticks 63 54.78%
Wheel 52 45.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2014

Enough said....
http://timemachinerental.com/wp-cont...e-car-6266.jpg
http://cdn.unleashthefanboy.com/wp-c...nal.jpg?fdbb3e
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rent-back-to-the-future-car-6266.jpg (350.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-06-2014

Sticks are always used for aircraft and helicopters LOL ;-)
When I didn't have a rc car, I tried a friend's car with sticks and it was a nightmare. When I get mine, I bought a transmitter with a steering wheel and it became a dream !
Old 13-06-2014

Smile

Sticks are old school for us more mature racers who seem to be rekindling our childhood and the youth of today seem to prefer the wheel type, I agree the fingers are definitely quicker than the wrist

www.racing-cars.com
Old 14-06-2014

I've always used sticks, but have used a wheel when racing a 'slow' class, such as Tamiya M-Chassis. I am looking at a new transmitter and was debating switching to a wheel though as there seems to be more choice.
Old 14-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartH View Post
Sticks because the braking movement feels much more natural.
I also feel my gingers are quicker and more precise than a wrist movement for the steering.
Your posh,getting gingers to do your steering for you

Iv used both,I find sticks are smoother,but wheel you can be more aggressive but still smooth,
I use wheel

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 15-06-2014

Sticks for me too, was brought up with them in the 80's tried a wheel but couldn't get used to pushing my finger forward to brake. My lad also prefers sticks over a wheel.
Old 16-06-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Started with RTR wheel radio from Tamiya, then used for certain period of time Acoms sticks, then got back to wheel - Sanwa, Futaba. For brief time even used 8ch sticks Futaba when I was getting back into car racing with 1:18 cars, then back with wheel Hitec and now on KoPropo. I guess I have been in hobby for a bit.
Old 16-06-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Started in 1988 with stick radio's, like someone else said above, with a 'decent' stick radio costing an arm and a teticle plus arthritis starting in my thumbs, tried a wheel beginning of the year and to be honest, I am as good/bad (delete as appropriate) as I was with sticks.

Yes, first race was nervous, but once in the groove, you forget it is a wheel and even the blind panic grabbing of the trigger instead of pushing for break doesn't happen.
Old 18-06-2014

WHEEL FOR ME! A real car is steered using a wheel so I find that more natural, I can go from throttle to brake and back to throttle faster with a trigger than I can with sticks. I can do sticks (just) on consoles but when the RC car is 15m away and your not behind it I find my reactions too slow compared with a wheel.

I also found different wheel transmitters have differing amount of rotational movement in the wheel and that can also play a big part in how a person takes to them. EXAMPLE My old Traxxas wheel (and Carson tx) only moved about 45deg in either direction making a car with a fast servo mega twitchy forcing the use of loads of DR adjustment, I changed to a Spektrum DX4S which has more movement (approx 90deg either direction) which makes the steering action much more linear and more to my liking and negates the need for DR adjustment unless grip roll becomes a problem then I tweak it a little to numb the response a touch
Old 16-07-2014

It all boils down to personal preference. I started RC way back in 1987 and my first transmitter was a stick. I've been using stick radios ever since. I tried wheel but couldn't get the hang of it. I feel more connected to the car I'm driving using stick radio. For me, stick radio has a more smooth throttle and steering feel to it. Ultimately, get which ever one that you feel most comfortable with...

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon | Darth Tray

My Trader Feedback