Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Wycombe RC club

Old 16-01-2013

Default Micro Off Road Series, Sponsored by www.xfactory.co.uk *Round 2 Chat*

Due to snow round 2 has been moved to the 26th of January

Enter Here: Here
Old 19-01-2013

What day would you guys perfer? Saturday 26th or Sunday 27th?

Please inform others

Please enter HERE
Old 19-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Saturday for me

Once confirmed Sam let me know and I will alter the date on the booking in site and re-open the booking in
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-01-2013

Darren, i will use the Saturday the 26th. Thanks
Old 24-01-2013

Default What Tyres Allowed

Hi, looking at coming to your micro event this Sat (26 Jan) with the Losi Mini 8ight, what tyres are allowed/recommended as I currently run foams at our local carpet track.
Many thanks
Mark
Old 24-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

As far as I know you can use anything other than Minipins, but I am sure Sam will confirm soon
Old 24-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
Hi, looking at coming to your micro event this Sat (26 Jan) with the Losi Mini 8ight, what tyres are allowed/recommended as I currently run foams at our local carpet track.
Many thanks
Mark
Darren is correct, only mini pins are banned, also if you choose to use foams no additive is allowed.

As to what tyres to use. On our Monday Club night races it is quite evenly split between foams and rally blocks. There dosnt seem to be much difference in times. I will however have rubbers and foams with me to try. We also have a tyre truer at the club free of charge.
Old 25-01-2013

Default Tyres

Thanks for the info. Looks like I have managed to borrow a second Mini 8ight so both me and my son can race. Look forward to seeing you (tomorrow) Sat.
Regards
Mark
Old 25-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Packed, loaded and ready for tommorrow and really looking forward to it....although there is HEAVY snow forecast once more for overnight, so looks like we might all be looking at the weather once more sadly
Old 25-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Packed, loaded and ready for tommorrow and really looking forward to it....although there is HEAVY snow forecast once more for overnight, so looks like we might all be looking at the weather once more sadly
Ive got my snow shovel ready!

If anyone needs, please PM me your number and i can let you guys know later (i live 5mins from track, so what i see from my house window is the same as at the track
Old 25-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
Ive got my snow shovel ready!

If anyone needs, please PM me your number and i can let you guys know later (i live 5mins from track, so what i see from my house window is the same as at the track
LOL @ Snow shovel...

I think it is forecast for between midnight and 5am, could well be somthing we "wake up" to in the morning sadly, fingers crossed they have the forecast all wrong.....
Old 25-01-2013

Right now it's really pissing down with rain so the snow shouldn't settle !

Track is setup too

See you tomorrow
Old 26-01-2013

Round 2 started a week late, with the Snow the previous week knocking the event back a weekend.

With a grid of double the drivers from the 1st round it was a great turnout and promised even better racing.

After the first round of FTQ Wycombe Local Hero, Jay Thorpe was on provisional pole with a 22L-312.41 with his LWB LRP Shark but only by a mere 3 seconds over Darren Boyle in his Mini 8ight.

Second round of FTQ saw Darren improve to a 23L-305.22, with John Barnes taking second place once again only 3 seconds behind the Leader.

Third round now saw John take provisional pole with a 23L-304.84 and Darren did improve. A few more places down the grid saw postions 5th-10th all covered by just a smidge over a lap.

The Fourth and final round saw Darren once again take Pole off John by just 2.5seconds

The 'C' Final's looked (on paper like Gary Batchelor walked the Finals) but in reality 2 out of his 3 wins all came within the last minute of each heat. Colin Kirkham, finished with 3 second places and Craig Homer had 3 third places. Tony Stark (Ironman Himself) and Andy Evans each had very mixed finals.

'C' Final
1st-Gary Batchelor-Mini 8ight
2nd-Colin Kirkham-Mini 8ight
3rd-Craid Homer-LRP Shark
4th-Tony (Ironman) Stark-Mini 8ight

'B' Finals went down to the third final to sort out the winner. Both Dave Richards and Derek Nash both went into it with a 1st and 2nd each. However the third final went to Dan Andrews, with Dave Richards getting 2nd place and the 'B' Final win. Mark looked well on to challenge his son Dan for 3rd place overall but sadly stripping his spur gear put a end to that challenge.

'B' Final
1st-Dave Richards-Mini 8ight
2nd-Derek Nash-Mini 8ight
3rd-Dan Andrews-Mini 8ight
4th-Mark Andrews-Mini 8ight

The 'A' Final went to plan for Darren Boyle and he won the first 2 races tying the 'A' Final win up with a final to go. After the 2nd Round John, Sam Dimelow and Jay all tied with 6 points and it came down to the 3rd Final. However in the 3rd final John beat Darren, to seal 2nd in the final and it just left Sam and Jay to battle for 3rd. After a race long battle Sam came out on top by less than the home straight.

'A' Final
1st-Darren Boyle-Mini 8ight
2nd-John Barnes-Mini 8ight
3rd-Sam Dimelow-Mini 8ight
4th-Jay Thorpe-LRP Shark

I would like to Thank everyone who Turned up and raced. Today was very enjoyable.

Hope to see you all at the next round in Feb!

Booking in via www.dmsresults.co.uk

(Also sorry about my poor race report )