Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 06-01-2012

Default Mid East AGM

The Mid East Agm will be at the Muddle Go Nowhere pub in Grantham on Saturday the 28th January at 11am.

Address:

Barrowby Road
Grantham
NG31 8SR

So if you want to have a say in this years regional series then please come along or if you cant attend then put your views to a club rep who will be attending.

Dates for this year will be released as quickly as possible after the AGM.
Old 22-01-2012
Mad Member

Is there an agenda for this years AGM available?
Old 24-01-2012

Default regional formats 2012

Unable to attend AGM due to having to work on saturdays, so heres hoping at least one of the reps read this. The grapevine suggests that the region may go to some/all 2 day meetings? Spare a thought for those of us who have to work saturdays, or those who have family commitments, and would find it impossible to attend both days. this seems very unfair as I suspect a significant number of drivers would effectively not be able to run one class. Please dont go this way. Surely a better way is to do as , I believe,all other regions do, run 5 meets with 3 to count, and not 3 from 4. Interestingly we have the largest individual driver entry of any regon, and its growing, but the number completing the series has fallen? This could be that with 3 from 4 to count, coupled with meetings falling in holiday periods, some drivers are unable to do the series. Going to 3 from 5 gives much more flexibility and choice, please consider. We have super 1/10th tracks, Broxtowe,Eastrax,West Bridgeford,Grantham and Robin Hood. If each hold a 2 and 4WD meetings then everyone has a fair choice with 3 from 5. Hope this is useful at the AGM.
Old 24-01-2012

I am not for or against 2 day meetings,but 3 from 5 would mean 10 weekends tied up with regionals if they were run on seperate weekends.
Possibly utilise bank holiday(sat/sun) or (sun/mon).although late spring bank holiday has already been claimed by brca for eden park national.
Or leave at 3 from 4 as usual.
Tony
Old 24-01-2012
Mad Member

Personally, 2 day meets are not good for me - they are one of the reasons why I don't enter the National series...

An extra 2 and 4 wheel drive round gives more choice; you can skip the furthest venue if you don't like a long journey. I suspect it won't make much difference to the top 20-30 drivers, who will travel for the competition regardless.

We ran the entire series in virtually 2 months last year (1st regional was May 1st, last was Aug 7th). If another couple of races can fit in the calendar, then lets get them in! At the same frequency of meeting, could we get them in and still avoid the August Bank Holiday? We could have even more dates if we start in the last 2 weeks of April?

Just my 2 cents
Old 24-01-2012

The idea of a two day meeting appeals to me...but only one, the last race of the year and make an event out of it, a bit like Broxtowe did with the wollaton park weekend...the event could even attract drivers from around the country if it could be done right.

I dont really have a problem with 3 from 4 scores to count, though a 5th regional always used to be run when i first started doing them. A fifth round would also give the people who dont attend the National series to still have good competition.

I think it would help a lot if we could start a lot earlier this year....

Who's up for starting this sunday!?
Old 24-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

+1 for keeping meetings sunday only. With responsibilities as a carer and parent 2 day meetings would be very difficult for me.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 24-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

Race dates already taken which only leaves 12 Sundays before the F2 to get 5 rounds of each in which makes for a very full calendar if we was to have 5 rounds of each!

Race dates 2012
Sunday Apr-01 Broxstow winter Rd8
Saturday Apr-07
Sunday Apr-08
Saturday Apr-14 2wd Stotfold national Rd1
Sunday Apr-15 4wd Stotfold National Rd1
Saturday Apr-21
Sunday Apr-22
Saturday Apr-28
Sunday Apr-29
Saturday May-05
Sunday May-06
Saturday May-12 2wd RHR Blyth National Rd2
Sunday May-13 4wd RHR Blyth National Rd2
Saturday May-19
Sunday May-20
Saturday May-26
Sunday May-27
Saturday Jun-02 2wd Eden park National Rd3
Sunday Jun-03 4wd Eden park National Rd3
Saturday Jun-09
Sunday Jun-10
Saturday Jun-16
Sunday Jun-17
Saturday Jun-23
Sunday Jun-24
Saturday Jun-30 2wd Oswestry National Rd4
Sunday Jul-01 4wd Oswestry National Rd4
Saturday Jul-07
Sunday Jul-08
Saturday Jul-14
Sunday Jul-15
Saturday Jul-21
Sunday Jul-22
Friday Jul-27 oople race
Saturday Jul-28 oople race
Sunday Jul-29 oople race
Saturday Aug-04 2wd silverstone Arena National Rd5
Sunday Aug-05 4wd Silverstone Arena National Rd5
Saturday Aug-11
Sunday Aug-12
Saturday Aug-18
Sunday Aug-19
Saturday Aug-25 2wd Kidderminster National Rd6
Sunday Aug-26 4wd Kidderminster National Rd6
Saturday Sep-01 2wd Junior Vets & F2 finals Broxtowe
Sunday Sep-02 4wd Junior Vets & F2 finals Broxtowe
Saturday Sep-08
Sunday Sep-09
Saturday Sep-15 2wd F3,4,5 Finals Southport
Sunday Sep-16 4wd F3,4,5 Finals Southport
Old 24-01-2012

Good work Nick

Out of interest when do most of the winter series end? Could another round be put in at the end of march? Everyones, well i am, itching to get back outdoors already so by the end of febuary so will everyone else!
Old 24-01-2012
Mad Member

Personally I think weekend meetings at Broxtowe, Eastrax are a good idea so peeps from eastrax only have to travel to us once and we only have to travel to eastrax once. Also RHR as a weekend and have seperate days at bridgeford and grantham as they are sort of in the middle. That would take up 7 weekends instead of 8 and we would have 5 rounds of each class instead of 4 with 3 out of 5 to count. If you alternate the weekend meetings so 2wd on saturady at one and then 4wd on the saturday at the other then everyone will still have chance to complete more than enough rounds of both class even if they cant make Saturdays. Simples.
Old 24-01-2012

I think that most winter rounds don’t end till the end of March!
My though was to have a 5 round of each with 2 weekend meetings and 6 Sunday only meetings with the best 3 out of 5 to count. Then one of the weekends run 4wd Saturday 2wd Sunday! Then the other 2wd Saturday 4wd Sunday! Making it so the people that cannot do a Saturday still can do 4 out of 5 rounds. Just my thoughts
Old 24-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
Personally I think weekend meetings at Broxtowe, Eastrax are a good idea so peeps from eastrax only have to travel to us once and we only have to travel to eastrax once. Also RHR as a weekend and have seperate days at bridgeford and grantham as they are sort of in the middle. That would take up 7 weekends instead of 8 and we would have 5 rounds of each class instead of 4 with 3 out of 5 to count. If you alternate the weekend meetings so 2wd on saturady at one and then 4wd on the saturday at the other then everyone will still have chance to complete more than enough rounds of both class even if they cant make Saturdays. Simples.
About the same as me then mate

Think the thing here is for as many people from the mid east as possible to post on here what they would like best so at least at the AGM they at least know all of your views
Old 24-01-2012
Mad Member

Agreed Nick! All Mid East drivers reading, put your thoughts down in this thread.

Good to see folks chipping in with constructive options and highlighting potential issues
Old 24-01-2012

Hmmmm....i dont think having three weekend meetings would be fair on the people who are unable to commit that much time. Why should they not be able to race at all the regionals because of their personal circumstances? It would also be unfair on the drivers who do both days on the National series....i imagine there would be some unhappy girlfriends looking at that calender!

What is wrong with 3/5? Thats 10 meetings but only 6 days you actually have to turn up...i think there is enough time to add a meeting.

If it turns out to be 3/4 or 3/5 id be happy, but not so much if it was going to be three weekend meetings...thats the very reason i dont do 4wd at Nationals. One weekender would be nice, but two or three, no thankyou
Old 24-01-2012
Mad Member

I'm with Iain; a single weekender as an "End of Season" meeting is one thing but 3 weekenders is too much.

And although alternating between 2 and 4 on the Saturday gives enough meetings for "Sunday only" racers to still have a throw away, there is still an advantage to be had by racing on the surface the day before - even if it is with a different car (which it may not always be, seeing as you can run 2wd in a 4wd event). The only real exception to this would be grass, which wouldn't be a weekender anyway.
Old 24-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I think that most winter rounds don’t end till the end of March!
My though was to have a 5 round of each with 2 weekend meetings and 6 Sunday only meetings with the best 3 out of 5 to count. Then one of the weekends run 4wd Saturday 2wd Sunday! Then the other 2wd Saturday 4wd Sunday! Making it so the people that cannot do a Saturday still can do 4 out of 5 rounds. Just my thoughts
i though the same nick first and last weekend meetings
Old 24-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I personnally would prefer it stay to sundays as I work Saturdays but I will try and get the Sat off for the end of seasons finals again.

Also if West Bridgford could have a early and a late in season, just to give the grass a chance

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.

Last edited by Dave Dodd; 24-01-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: added text.
Old 24-01-2012

Posting on here does give us an idea of what people want and if you can't attend the AGM then fair enough but it doesn't count like a vote at the Agm does. It is open to everyone not just club reps... And it is at a pub.
Old 24-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned View Post
Posting on here does give us an idea of what people want and if you can't attend the AGM then fair enough but it doesn't count like a vote at the Agm does. It is open to everyone not just club reps... And it is at a pub.
would like to have gone but racing at urban X event

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 25-01-2012

For me , a weekender as an end of season meeting sounds great !
I also like the 3 from 5 to count , more meetings (racing) also the choice if wanted to drop a meeting .
As Dan said maybe a weekender to start and one to finish sounds the bizzzzz