Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 24-04-2006
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong
Ha ha, im good at avoiding being infront of camera's. Although I know Stu Evans took one yesterday which could be good, although I may be a tad sunburnt...

Chris, is Derek racing or checking out your tranny?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 24-04-2006
Super Moderator

I'm not laughing at either of those two..... lol
Old 24-04-2006
BANNED

G, your no-one to point, remember the McFlurry Bra, yeah, we do!
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 24-04-2006
Super Moderator

LMAO yeah!
Old 24-04-2006
Super Moderator

Stu, still awake after 11.00 pm, it's way past your bedtime!

G, take a look at Stu's website pictures, I raced my newly acquired Losi XX CR Kinwald (yellow and pink, gay I know!)yesterday at Southport and I reckon if I was allowed it would have qualified on the back of the A final!!
Old 25-04-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ha ha, I think he was trying to follow me around but rather than watch the cars he was copying thumb movement.

McFlurry Bra eh? LOL
Old 25-04-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

Someone raced a Tamiya DynaStorm!!!

And what was your car doing wearing pink leg warmers Chris??
Old 25-04-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

woodys face looks quality on that picture, i think derick was checking your handset out, hes after a new one althought during the race isnt the time to do so!
Old 25-04-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The pink booties! they're ace.

Now these are going back some time, Woody and his dad suplied many things under the name of "Woody's Wizbits" and one of the things were shock booties. They did them in all colours, and Stuart has just found a few left over packets of pink ones, which me, Stu Mahon and Woody ran at Southport.

The main purpose for these is to use them at Tiverton. But at Southport the novelty was new and we just had to use them, ha ha.
Old 25-04-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

I remember people using party balloons to the same affect many many years ago....
Old 25-04-2006
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong
Ha ha, I think he was trying to follow me around but rather than watch the cars he was copying thumb movement.
Reminds me of a funny moment several years ago at the old West Craven club, opposite way around to Derek above.
Two guys called Dave & Roland (Chris, you'l know who I mean) Roland's watchin' Dave's car by mistake & operating the sticks accordingly.
Roland thinks he's doing better than normal (not too hard) untill someone has to tell him his car's going off its tits in the trees.

Funny it were.
Old 25-04-2006

nice review good job jimmy
Old 25-04-2006
Administrator

Thanks mate!

ignore all these off topic fools!
Old 11-05-2006

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Jimmy, and anyone else who runs an X5, the kit/conversion seems to need a LOT of hand-work to convert an existing XX4 (cutting, grinding, hand-fitting, etc.). I know what the owners of the cars say about them on the track, but it sounds like it's almost a scratch-built car pieced together, and certainly not for someone willing to really massage the car together.

Propeganda aside, is it worth it? The price tag + the custom fitting + an existing car to convert + changing all of your battery layouts, and then you still have ESC fit issues and odd things like the battery straps to deal with, is it worth the massive cost and effort to build an X5?
Old 11-05-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

putting it shortly, yes

the x5 is super, i had no issues building my car. the cutting and grinding takes 10 minutes, even if your not handy with the dremel, they are really easy to do!
Old 11-05-2006
Administrator

I really need to put a bigger note in there, most of the modifications are definately minor, the most work I did was to fit the losi one way.. this was a bit of a PIG, it needed the most work of anything and for a perfect fit took a lot of time. But- I think this would also apply to fitting the one way to a XX4 ??. Lesro and Xfactory now have available a new one way which doesnt need any work to fit at all so removes most of the hard work that I went through.
I really need to look at the review and make sure I point out that the hard work is really fitting the losi one way and not something you need to go through.

If you are running fixed drive that also makes it a lot easier..

The normal mods like the steering tunnel, front belt covers and even the rear shock tower are easy to do and not time consuming at all like paul points out--- I know paul, and if HE finds something easy, they a monkey could do it !.

The car isn't perfect in the build, for that you want something like the Yokomo BX, but the modifications are done to save cost. Xfactory could have done these mods (or made new parts) but that would add to the cost.

I'd definately say it was worth it, the car seems more drivable to me than the XX4 and its easier to work on. It also looks like a proper car when built, certainly far from scratch built.

Last edited by jimmy; 11-05-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2006

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Good to know. I didn't realize most of that work was for the one-way front. I just acquired a new DC oneway for my XX4 and it was a straight drop-in. I think they have something for the X5 ready or in the works, too (or the XX4 one will work).

I have been teetering back and forth on an X5, and the costs have been the main issue, plus I'd like to get more time under my belt with the XX4we. I have a 70% complete XX4 parts car that I picked up on the way, I just may have to dive into the world of the X5.

Awesome review, Jimmy. I appreciate the massive time and effort you put into it.
Old 11-05-2006
Administrator

Thanks mate. I sometimes go a bit over board in pointing out the bad stuff and fitting the losi one way IS a pain but using a one way designed for the car is a lot easier.

John price has raced the X5 more than me now with 3 meetings under his belt already. Beating me every time (I was running zx5 / yokomo bx, and XX4). I will add a couple of write ups from him soon, he seems to really like the car.
Old 11-05-2006

Maybe if I get the X5 sooner than later, I can completely avoid painting that pig-ugly XX4we body. ig:

I'll have to redo all of my batteries and then figure out some way to stuff a Tekin ESC into that chassis. Anyone run a Tekin in their car?
Old 11-05-2006
Administrator

I think chris long and dan greenwood both run the Tekin in their cars. Its a biggie so I think they both run the receiver at the back. Dan on the right and chris on the left behing the cells.