Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 30-07-2012
Administrator

Default New 'Race Ready' RTR cars from Team Durango

In the build up to last weekends oOple Invernational race some of the Team Durango guys were out doing some photography and video of some interesting new cars that they're calling Race Ready RTR cars.
The cars we saw were based upon the DEST210R stadium truck, the DESC210R short course and the DEX210 buggy. The cars were quickly bundled away into the boot of a car when I showed up with my camera but the guys were willing to talk a little about the new cars and I managed to snap a few photos of the 'DEX210 Race Ready RTR'.

The car will come with steerwheel transmitter and is all fully pre-built in rear motor configuration - though with the addition of a couple of bits you can change it to mid-motor just like the original DEX210.
This car however looks to have a longer, moulded tub chassis with a new matching pre-printed cab forward shell.

Inside - the car is pretty highly specced with the big bore dampers, gear differential as standard, a new servo saver with metal rings on the included durango-branded servo.
The receiver is tiny! and there's also a full speedpassion sensored setup included in the car with a 13.5 spec motor for spec class racing.

They wouldn't give many details away but as to prove the car - Chris Doughty ran it almost box-stock spec with his own sponsors electrics and obviously a modified-class brushless motor for the race meeting we were at. A few bling alloy washers were added for vanitys sake as you'd expect from a legend like Chris.

Chris put his car 3rd overall at the 2012 oOple Invernational race against some tough opposition.
Old 30-07-2012
Mad Member

Any idea on what money these cars will go for? It should be interesting to see what kind of package deal TD can do on an RTR with this spec... I'm seeing plastic chassis, does this mean it has fixed trailing on the front steering arms (like the DEST/DESC210Rs)? I guess as soon as there's more info available on these (and a price tag) we can find out how much/where TD tried to save money (it's almost inevitable with something like this, people won't pay millions for it, even if it's RTR)

Also, I think it'd be wise if TD also decides to sell mid-motored RTRs (especially for the UK market these probably would sell better, right?)
Old 30-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Pricing will be available reasonably soon.

I think you will find the spec of the car is surprisingly good, the buggy still features the the adjustable trailing axle.
(and adjustable toe-in, caster etc... with all extras for adjust-ability available in the kit)

as mentioned above, my car was pretty much RTR spec, I ran the composite chassis, RTR cab forward body (with my own paint by Drangon Paints) Composite shock adjusters, composite, shock bottom-caps, composite shock stand-offs etc.

Out of the box, you will be able to build the car in mid-motor, but you will be limited to 3-gear
to run the 4-gear configurations you will need to buy some bearings, an idler shaft and 2 of the smaller idler gears. everything else is included in the RTR package.

I actually ran the DEX210RTR around the RHR astro track, even with the kit tires in Rear-Motor config is felt pretty good.

The spec 13.5 Speed Passion motor is never going to be able to compete with 'Mod' 7.5 turn brushless motors and we are not even trying to do so.
this is aimed at the 13.5 spec racing class.

But I think I have proven that the 'chassis' is more than capable of dealing with modified motors, my RTR spec chassis was pretty competitive against the best in the world at the oOple race, and considering I haven't race 2WD on dirt in 8 years, I'd say thats pretty good going!
Old 30-07-2012

I noticed Adam carrying a 210 with a plastic chassis and suspected some sort of testing, it's nice to see a rtr with decent electrics in it
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 30-07-2012

:-) cant wait !
Old 30-07-2012

Old 30-07-2012

Hi

Is the composite chassis longer than the standard DEX210 ?

Thanks

Steve
Old 30-07-2012

Chassis is +8mm over the standard DEX210 Aluminium Chassis.

Chris's car looked very good when I watched it on Saturday, just shows you how good any car can be in the right hands.....
Old 30-07-2012

What's the advantage of having a longer chassis ? Is it better on "Dirt" tracks or just better all round ?

Thanks

Steve
Old 30-07-2012
Mad Member

Sounds really good! Getting the bearings, a shaft and extra gears isn't too bad I guess. And indeed, rear motor cars can still do pretty well on astro, at least my TRF201 feels really good on astroturf I'm sure the 210 does too.

I don't know about other countries, but in the Netherlands there is no spec class, there are not enough drivers to do so I think, many people here run 6.5-10.5 in 2WD... I'm sure TD has done their homework, but if it's anything like in the Netherlands it would make sense to also get a hotter motor available soon.

As for the composite chassis, is this also the way forward for future DEX210s? Or just the longer wheelbase?
Old 30-07-2012

be good if the esc can take a lower turn motor!!!
Old 31-07-2012

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

The speedo will take down to a 9.5T which covers a lot of spec racing classes straight out of the box which is the main priority of the car.
Once you get below 9.5T you will need to start looking for a full blown 'modified' spec speed controller.