Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2021
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
I heard 2 drivers walked away from a meeting today as mask wearing wasn't enforced, ultimately the wrong ones lost out there.
Well I would have thought that anyone who was so concerned about catching covid whilst being outdoors that their last line of defence was a facemask would probably have been better off not going in the first place
Old 12-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwp102 View Post
Well I would have thought that anyone who was so concerned about catching covid whilst being outdoors that their last line of defence was a facemask would probably have been better off not going in the first place
I think anyone who's too stupid to follow simple guidelines is why we are where we are
Old 12-04-2021
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
I think anyone who's too stupid to follow simple guidelines is why we are where we are
I'm sure mass ignorance and blind obedience is an equally valid argument also.
Old 12-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Anyone who has no respect for the club organisers and fellow racers by not following a simple rule would be better off not going in the first place.

Do you think wearing a hi viz-vest will stop you getting injured while marshalling? No, but you still wear one just because the club asked you to.

Whatever your 'opinion' on covid transmission, people have caught it just while meeting up and talking outside. Unless every single racer or family group is staying in their own personal gazebo or tent with no mixing of people and only coming out to race, or everyone is pitting out in the open with no tents, then you are not fully 'outside'. Racing 1/8th you could be spending 20 minutes on the podium downwind of someone with covid. Any precaution that helps reduce the chance of you or any of your fellow racers from being seriously ill or dying is a good thing.
You have a much less chance of dying in a car accident, yet people don't complain about being 'forced; to wear a seatbelt.

The BRCA is asking you to wear a piece of cloth over your face, not an N95 mask, not a respirator, just a thin piece of cloth. It's not difficult.
Old 12-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
I'm sure mass ignorance and blind obedience is an equally valid argument also.
Mass ignorance is why we've had to have a second major lockdown.

Judging by the idiots who are cramming into shops and 'outdoor' pubs today people haven't learnt how to stop transmission.
Old 12-04-2021

Quote:
It's not just a mask though is it, if their too stupid not to wear one and their argument is they'd had the jab they were safe there's a good chance their not sanitising or isolating if they've had symptoms, they weren't wearing gloves to marshal either, only takes them to cover their mouth with their hand to cough and then pick your car up and theirs your transmission. The rules seem quite simple to me wear a mask race, don't wear a mask don't race.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 12-04-2021
Legendary dude

Elite R/C racing
Optipower

Last edited by johnboy; 15-04-2021 at 05:35 AM.
Old 13-04-2021

Without turning it into a debate or bashing people we are where we are.

The tricky thing is that the enforcement of masks can be seen as alienating some, but its not an intentional targeting of people its for the greater good for now until we can all get back to full normal.

This will be controversial but my personal concern with people have exemptions and don't need to wear a mask, they can still spread it. Appreciate a wafer thin mask wont save me, but the mask is to protect everyone from me (not vice versa).
Not looking to belittle people with exemptions I will be honest as I don't suffer I can only empathise with them.

I certainly am not a fan of wearing a mask all day at a race event (had to wear it last week on a hot day) but like the high viz and gloves whilst they offer nothing to my experience I see them as conditions of entry.

If i want to attend that race/track that is a condition of entry, simple as that. Its like having a BRCA membership it is a prerequisite for clubs to allow you to take part.
Old 13-04-2021
Mad Member

I recall a number of hot summers in steel mills having to wear hot metal suits when working in parts of the mill. Was it pleasant? Nope. Was it required? Yep. Did I wear it? If I wanted to be there...

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 14-04-2021
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
I heard 2 drivers walked away from a meeting today as mask wearing wasn't enforced, ultimately the wrong ones lost out there.
any one who finds this it can be reported to the brca confidentially as they are putting our sport at risk.
markc@brca.org
Old 14-04-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
any one who finds this it can be reported to the brca confidentially as they are putting our sport at risk.
markc@brca.org
I believe it has been
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 14-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
hi
It applies to everyone with currently one exemption, 6 year old and under are exempt
Markc
Brca Membership Officer

(Daz75 has it spot on)
So you actively discourage people with a disability as an officer of the the brca I'm more than happy to produce a document from a consultant from Birmingham children's hospital for reasons why then will you post me a signed letter from the brca stating the above quote I was simply asking was it reasonable not starting an argument regarding people flaunting the current regulations remember your primary role and first rule is you must make the sport to accesable all sorry you clearly haven't it's since when has the sport been wheelchair friendly I've never seen a rostrum which is I know it's expensive but that's life

Last edited by bert digler; 14-04-2021 at 08:37 PM.
Old 14-04-2021
Mad Member

I shall give the right honarable Nigel Huddleston office a ring tbh they make the rules I totally get the fear factor I'm the same but it seems Draconian as usual so what they tell me goes
Old 14-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
There is nothing stopping you going car racing just wear a mask. Stick to Twitter with you anti vax pals might be best
The law is eleven and under he's 9 so that's the end of thedebate
Old 15-04-2021

Can we just be happy that we can race?
I wear glasses so a mask is doubly difficult due to the steaming up issue (I had that problem last Sunday).

I also have Anxiety problems which aren't helped by wearing a mask for any length of time.
Yet, will I wear one to race?

100% yes!

I think that if you have a medical issue that prevents you wearing a mask then you should be allowed to race but if you don't want to wear one then you have but one option:

Don't race
Old 15-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
The law is eleven and under he's 9 so that's the end of thedebate
Not sure why you quoted me. That response was to the anti vax bloke that I quoted
Old 15-04-2021
Mad Member

I'm not here cause trouble I asked very simple question which was received with the usual wrath I'm not a anti vaxer I've had the jab ALLwas asking what was the position and tbh I've never heard such crap in all my life my lad is tested twice a. Week when was the last time any of was tested never is my guess so please get of your pederstool and shut up and grow up
Old 15-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
I'm not here cause trouble I asked very simple question which was received with the usual wrath I'm not a anti vaxer I've had the jab ALLwas asking what was the position and tbh I've never heard such crap in all my life my lad is tested twice a. Week when was the last time any of was tested never is my guess so please get of your pederstool and shut up and grow up
You are clearly not reading this thread properly. Nothing was said to you about antivax. If someone quotes someone else they are replying to that person not you. Dwp102 is the one posting a antivax stuff. The reply to your question about people with heart conditions wearing masks was separate
Old 16-04-2021
Banned

Quote:
You are clearly not reading this thread properly. Nothing was said to you about antivax. If someone quotes someone else they are replying to that person not you. Dwp102 is the one posting a antivax stuff. The reply to your question about people with heart conditions wearing masks was separate
I don't recall mentioning anything about vaccinations. On the other hand we can go to a gym now and be in an enclosed area breathning heavily surrounded by 40 other people (according to my friend who has just been) and yet we are told that it is a health risk not wearing a face mask in an outdoor vented space with a sparse population. Do you not think that this is a bit farcical, karren?
Old 16-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
I don't recall mentioning anything about vaccinations. On the other hand we can go to a gym now and be in an enclosed area breathning heavily surrounded by 40 other people (according to my friend who has just been) and yet we are told that it is a health risk not wearing a face mask in an outdoor vented space with a sparse population. Do you not think that this is a bit farcical, karren?
Closed Thread