Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 25-04-2015

Default Dex210v2 and brushed stock motors

20 years out of rc racing lots of changes buy new cars new euqipment to find when I want to run stock brushed motors one of my cars wont accept brushed motors
dex 210 motor plate wont accept brushed motors and no one does a modification so going to have to modify a motor plate to accept a brushed motor
Old 25-04-2015

Hi Mate,

Good choice in doing stock motor class, do don't need power to have a good race at York

It's a common issue that the large bushing on the motor won't quite fit through the motor plate. On my B4 I filed it just a little to allow it to fit.

I know Jez on here has run a Dex210 with a HPI Saturn motor I think he will have done the same.

Hope this helps.

Brett

P.S. If you can make it down next week or the week after there will be a few of us running in the 540 Sealed can class.
Old 25-04-2015

hoping to make it down on the 9th to run my dex210 mbmodels of Leeds are gonna modify a motor plate to take the stock motor for me free of charge just have to pay for the plate so it should be ready just wondering what pinion to run with the motor and a 81 tooth spur. get back into racing before I crack out my modified losi 22-4 still got some work to do on the losi with the speed controller set ups and stuff got to get into gear and paint my bodies or I be running a clear body for a week or so

Last edited by claymoreman; 25-04-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old 25-04-2015

Hi Mate

Not sure about the 19th, that's a Tuesday?

Good old MB, they'll do anything to help out.

Anyway, Dex210 is 2.6:1 drive ratio so I would start with a 29 or 30 tooth pinion. If it won't fit you might want a smaller spur. I run 75t spur with 29t pinion but do push the motor to it's limits.

Also, get some schumacher yellow mini spike tyres as your still getting used to everything. They give the best control on the changing surfaces or carpet and slippy floor.

Finally, drive the wheels off it and have some fun!

Also there are a few who run a 22-4 in modified motor class, but again my advice is start with something controllable until do can do a race with only 1 or 2 crashes.

Last edited by bretts; 25-04-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 25-04-2015

Default meant 9th

meant 9th of may got schumacher min pins yellow rears and some cut staggers for fronts at moment going to grab some more wheels and a set of mini pins on the 9th and prob get a spur gear too same day
Old 03-05-2015

With the stock motors we use , it is easier to file the bush housing a little. Just file two parallel flats, to line up with the motor plate, making sure the motor screw holes also line up. This way the motor can be used
in any motor plate. Tape up any cooling holes to stop the aluminium filings falling inside. I suppose this makes them 'modified' motors
Mike
Old 03-05-2015

Jez's car has a motor plate machined by Proracing to allow an accurate fit of the motor.
Reedy
DJ KIRKY