Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 07-11-2010

Default Racing Buggies in Scotland over winter.

What are my options for racing over the winter in prep for 2011.
Prefer weekends, or evenings around ABZ, someone mentioned Newtonhill? Is that happening?
Cheers, David.
Old 08-11-2010

Hi Dave,

GRCC has just started racing at Newtonhill and we have only had our first setup meeting to judge track building times etc and have a few practice rounds. (although there were still about 25 drivers there) The first actual meeting (points to be scored) will be this coming Sunday 14th Nov. from 10am till 2pm. At the moment, it is for Touring Cars, Mardaves and an open "Silver can" class, which means any car as long as it has a bog standard silver can motor. Offroad has been mentioned and it is something I want to try and get running, but realistically, I think it needs to be a completely separate meeting. Otherwise we have to use foams and race on a flat track with a couple of simple jumps, which wont be very inspiring.

If we can get enough numbers interested in doing offroad, then I can look into it in more detail.

Tha alternative is to go down to Falkirk on a Sunday, as they set up a very nice indoor off-road track with lots of obstacles (pics on their website). Just be sure to get confirmation that the meeting is going ahead, as I drove down last year only to find out that it had been cancelled that morning.
Old 08-11-2010

Dundee will be running 5 specific dates (Friday evenings) where we will be running "primarily" off-road, over the next year.

Track will be built with off-road, and it'll have "a bit of air, a bit of obstacle, and enough room to drive around the track".

Any other classes running will be in their own heat (together!) and will have to accept a "secondary status" (and drive around or over the obstacles!) - I'll design a track that can be easily adapted between rounds. Besides, they have 47 other weeks to come along and play - these five, will be "OFF-ROAD"

I'll publish dates and details here as soon as I have them.
Old 08-11-2010

That sounds interesting Dom. I would probably come to that. Keep us posted.
Old 12-11-2010

Off Road's are always welcome at Dundee even if it is mostly flat track racing I can usually squeeze in a jump somewhere. Myself and Dom were battering round last week with 1/18th scales on flat track, slippy floor and it was bloody good fun