Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 19-06-2010

Default Round 3 - June 27th - ARCCC (@CSOR)

Ok, we've had two great rounds so far.

I've really enjoyed the atmosphere and friendliness and if there's been any problems or issues to resolve, it's been done in an amicable manner and everyone's had a fair say, I hope.

Its good that the BRCA have been running Off-road so long now, as all the issues we are finding have already been ironed out. Thanks again to Paul Worsley for his prompt and extremely helpful guidance and advice.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the year, and hoping to expand it further in 2011 by getting one or two of the other OR clubs to arrange a round themselves. EK looks like they may have a bit of venue stability going forward, so it would be fantastic if they could organise an event next year. Any other club wanting to run an event, let me know and I'll help get the ball rolling.

Anyway, next round is next weekend (27th June) and will be at CSOR's track in Strathaven. Ayr is borrowing the venue to run a shorter course (about 2/3) for 10ths, with a few added features specifically for us!

Plus there'll probably be a heat of 8th Nitros running so we can all have a look at them. I'll be bringing down my 8th Electric to see if it'll stay in one piece for 5 minutes.

Here's the information regarding the next event:

Quote:
Booking-in between 8.30-9.30
Practice between 9.00-10.00
Heat 1 on the line for 10.15

4 rounds with "Round by Round" qualifying
3 finals with 2 to count

2WD will run first with a gap then the 4WD heats, aiming for an hour per round.

8 car finals

If the day needs shortened due to weather etc we will drop number of finals, still two to count.

Directions to the Track
See you all there bright and early!
Dom
Old 20-06-2010

Default whats needed?

Hi,
just wondering what i need 2 bring to 3rd round!
Are there pit tables? seats? power? ...

Asking as it sucks turning up with only car to find that nothing is there!lol

thanks

sonny
Old 20-06-2010

Hi sonny , like most outdoor events you'll need your own power and most likely table / chair
Hth
Chris

Ayrshire radio control car club
Carlisle radio model car club
Old 21-06-2010

Thanks Chris,
just making sure as the last 2 rounds have been outlined abit more about facilities on site, and to make sure that ppl come prepared!
End of the day it can be a wasted trip if u just arrive without stuff! done it myself once many years ago and wasnt fun! lol

<Better check my gear now! lol>
Old 21-06-2010

Chris,

I'm sure i was told that CSOR provide power? don't they have a huge generator?
Old 22-06-2010

It might be that CSOR have power for their club meetings, but note that this is not one of their regular rounds so don't count on it. Chris will update this thread, no doubt, if it's going to be available.

So for this meeting, and probably the next one at CSOR, everyone should be prepared to bring their own power, table, chairs and cover (gazebo/tent/van/caravan).

Please remember that 10th scale electric off-road racing at CSOR is still in it's early stages and we should take account of that.
But saying that, this year it'll have all the same facilities that you'd see at Talywain, RHR, Southport or Eden Park, for instance. So not bad, eh?

Makes the facilities at Falkirk (indoor pits, heating, light, power, compressor) and Stonehaven (Party Tents, power, compressor, wireless LAN, etc) seem luxurious in comparison!

Track at CSOR is the "star" this time, and if the meeting is well supported, then I'm sure it'll grow to include more facilities in the years to come. I look forward to seeing you all there on Sunday.
Old 23-06-2010

Weather is looking just fantastic lol:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...ode=Strathaven

Lucky it's all astro
Old 23-06-2010

hi there,
yep there is a generator but it wont be available for everyone to charge from , the faclilites at falkirk and stonehaven are few and far between

tracks good - challenging and rewarding , lap times are in the low 30's

chris

Ayrshire radio control car club
Carlisle radio model car club
Old 27-06-2010

Good days racing today. The track conditions made for some challenging racing indeed and was fairly hard on the buggies, however I think most people managed to make the most of it, being an 8th scale track, I think the 10th scale buggies made the most of it. Weather was fairly good, although the windy conditions made it interesting.

I have posted a gallery of pictures up on the EKMCC website. Check out the gallery in the link below

http://ekmodelcarclub.co.uk/Scottish...ad_Series.html

Looking forward to Round 4 at Falkirk in two weeks time.