Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

i use both mb models and je/apex and generally get my order delivered next day, so thumbs up to both
schumacher cat 2000
Kyosho Triumph
Kyosho Lazer zx-r
Schumacher Ld2
Associated B6.4
Associated B5
Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

Cant say I've had an issue with Apex/JE and I've used them a TON lately, sometimes it takes a bit longer to get my item, maybe now and then they have to order in from the distributor, not sure, but every time, top service, and, yup, the lads at MB are soldiers too, blinding fast service!

lee
Old 21-03-2015
oOple Advertiser

I think many of you would be surprised at how small the distributors are for RC products in the UK, and with the internet and cheap far east outlets now available its very difficult for a retailer / distributor to be able to carry large stocks of stuff.

When I started racing in the late 80's there were next to no sponsored drivers, no internet and everyone bought their stuff from the local model shop.

When I worked at smd the shops we supplied certainly tried their best but were unwilling/unable to order say 20 sets of lipos in one go to keep 19 on the shelf.
The distributors are now the shops stock room if you see what i mean. This is pretty much the way of the world now, not just our little hobby.

There are a couple of exceptions to the above, both having been mentioned in this thread and they should be saluted for sticking their necks out and actually carrying a shed load of stock, but for the outlets that don't, they shouldn't really be berated for it because they are trying their best in a very difficult market.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

Never had a problem ordering from JE. Latest order placed Thursday and arrived today.

Top job.
Old 21-03-2015

Still no sign.
I may have just got unlucky I suppose but I'll only ever order from them again if the items arnt in stock at Insideline or MB.
Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
I love the way people seem to think that model shops are evil, giant corporations put there to RUIN YOUR PITIFUL LIVES!! They're generally just small shops with humans running them, whose business can be damaged by a gung-ho keyboard warrior with easy forum access.

I wish everybody that liked to slag these places off had a forum connected to their job. Then, when you serve me slightly cold fries and flat coke, I could go straight onto your forum and tell everyone to stay away from your scabby hands flipping my burnt cheeseburger.

I'm sure all of the people that start these pointless threads are absolutely brilliant at their jobs and NEVER make a mistake? No?
Short memory?

When we did not have the internet and access to the world-wide-shop, we did indeed go to our local model shop. Some were a disaster and word soon spread around the place. Just like today, we would express our concerns and people would give their recommendations.

If your local shop was poor, you simply found somewhere else, called them up on the telephone and ordered what you wanted. If you had one of those new-fangled credit cards it was in the post straight away. If not you sent a cheque which, once cleared, meant your shiny new bits were delivered.

Nothing has changed - model shops open (MB, etc.) and model shops close (Microtech, etc.) just as they have for the last 70-odd years. Some model shops have a good reputation and some have a bad one. Word of mouth is replaced by word of forum to a certain extent, but it has the same effect.

Some people avoid the shop with the complaint by a majority of one, and some go by their experience and continue to deal with said shop - see the posts on here for evidence.

We've always known that people are able to make mistakes and we've always made our own judgements. No one is ruining our lives, and mine certainly isn't pitiful thank you. One person's view is just that - one person's view. It's my choice if I react to it.

Calm down dear; it's only an internet post...
Old 21-03-2015

Don't worry, I am calm. I run a business and I have a complaints procedure. If a customer isn't happy with something it's dealt with in house and the outcome is usually a satisfied customer at the end of it. If somebody decided to slag my business off on an industry related forum it would have a hugely detrimental on my business, so I have an issue with loaded forum posts titled "Warning to others" with "I maybe opeing a can of worms, but...". Well of course you're opening a can of worms, it's your absolute intention to open the bloody can or you wouldn't be posting any worms. The can is so easy to open these days with forums and the worms are more than happy to jump out and post whingey posts. If you don't like a shop, go elsewhere. I know if I was the shop in question your order would be at the bottom of the pile if I'd read the first post. Anyway, I won't post again on this subject, there's toy car racing to be done.
Old 21-03-2015

I don't think anyone has slagged anybody off. I did not start this thread to stop people shopping at any particular shop (and who am I to try to do that anyway). I just started it to let my fellow racers know of the trouble I have had in getting needed parts in time to race tomorrow.

I felt and still feel let down by the service I have received (or not received yet in this case).
The order went through a week and a day ago and I still don't have my goods. I have never experienced this in all of my 20 years racing from any shop (above mentioned one included). I'm just saying that when I spoke to somebody on Wednesday they never mentioned any items not being in stock (the item still showed and shows in stock) and that I would receive my order by the end of the week.

But it's just my story.
Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

Did u read my post? As I tried to explain what had happened.

Don't forget you ordered on Friday.. Admitted you made a mistake.. Contacted JE.. Your order would have been put on hold while issue rectified.. In Which time your other part was allocated to another persons order.. Your part ordered from supplier now in stock and dispatched to you by Royal Mail 1st class/recorded.. And this can take anywhere up to 14 working days (check Royal Mail web site) you've just been unlucky on the posting.. All this in my mind doesn't mean it's JE's fault?!? They will have been trying to get everything sorted for you asap as it will have been i there best interest!!
Old 21-03-2015

Ordered it Friday but not yesterday and week and a day ago. The only mistake I made was adding a wrong item but still wanted the rest of the order. So not sure why that part was refunded and sorted that Saturday but the rest of my order was ignored until after Wednesday as I was told. So it's not my fault that 5 days later another part was sold.
Also I, not unlucky on the posting. It's not that I'm bothered about it the fact my order took a week to even be sent.
Old 21-03-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Can't talk about JE/Apex, but another for MB Models here.

I ordered something and was amazed to receive a refund on the standard post charge because the item fitted into a standard envelope that needed a first-class stamp! And it arrived the day after ordering it.

The guy that runs it pitted with me at a meeting - thoroughly nice bloke... whose name I unforgivably can't remember!!
that would be Michael Ball
Old 21-03-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Did u read my post? As I tried to explain what had happened.

Don't forget you ordered on Friday.. Admitted you made a mistake.. Contacted JE.. Your order would have been put on hold while issue rectified.. In Which time your other part was allocated to another persons order.. Your part ordered from supplier now in stock and dispatched to you by Royal Mail 1st class/recorded.. And this can take anywhere up to 14 working days (check Royal Mail web site) you've just been unlucky on the posting.. All this in my mind doesn't mean it's JE's fault?!? They will have been trying to get everything sorted for you asap as it will have been i there best interest!!
you also said the website was live, yet the stock level can not be or you would not be able to order more than is in stock!
Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Larner View Post
Ordered it Friday but not yesterday and week and a day ago. The only mistake I made was adding a wrong item but still wanted the rest of the order. So not sure why that part was refunded and sorted that Saturday but the rest of my order was ignored until after Wednesday as I was told. So it's not my fault that 5 days later another part was sold.
Also I, not unlucky on the posting. It's not that I'm bothered about it the fact my order took a week to even be sent.
I'm well aware it was a week and abit ago... So you spoke to someone on Saturday who sorted your refund while you were on the phone..??
Good job JE responded quickly because I would imagine you would have posted on here if they sent the wrong part and were then dragging there feet refunding/sorting the correct item you wanted???
Mark - Live stock levels are all well and good and until said orders are processed.. Website only updates once orders have been processed and as previously mentioned these are processed by staff in the order in which they have been placed on the website..and I'm sure this will be the same idea for all web shops..
Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

JE have never been the same since the merge, I've even had issues with apex themselves. After waiting 4 or 5 days for my item I contacted them an was told it was going to be sent out that day an if not defiantly the next, after 4 days I contacted them again only to be told it still hasn't been posted, 12 days is far far too long

MB has the best live stock level, as soon as you pay for the item its instantly removed from the website, that's how it should be done. It stops people ordering things that may not actually be in stock by the time someone processes the order. If something is in stock on the website I expect it to actually be in stock, that isn't too much to ask for
Old 21-03-2015
oOple Advertiser

Very interesting and thanks for all the kind comments.

As you can imagine i spend a lot of time following our competitors as I'm sure our competitors do with us. Im very surprised to hear that JE/Apex does not run live stock levels as advertised are you sure this is correct Nick? I thought that all packages that used stock levels would update after each transaction, surely this seems logical.

The biggest gripe i have in this industry is shadow stock, its often very hard for customers to tell if a items is actually available off the shelf in the shop or if they are ordering a product that is available for a shop to buy from the distributor, which would delay the delivery by a few days and run the risk of it selling out between updates. I'm not sure why distributors that sell direct even offer this service. I get asked all the time by distributors to do this but so far have refused. We only sell what we have in stock or occasionally offer a item as a Pre-Order, but again will only sell the number we have ordered. What do customers think do you want to see us offering items we don't have any intension on stocking and do you want to be able to back order items? (This would mean paying upfront for a item that may take weeks to arrive) Maybe someone can set up a poll?

Thanks
MB
Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

I've used Apex twice out of necessity and on their eBay store. Now for some reason they are THE ONLY SELLER I'VE EVER USED that quotes 4 days before posting the item. Mine took 11 days to get to me. Check their feedback and it's one long thread of people moaning about delays in getting stuff out to the customer. You'd think with so many saying the same thing that the management would take note but it seems not. I can't say I'll never use them again because in all probability I may all have to at some point, but let's be honest and say they're well down the list.
Old 21-03-2015

DMS racing all the way for me. Live stock levels helpful staff, massive stock levels and very quick postage. Only place I know where I can order a body shell at 5.20pm and it arrives next day at 9am
Old 22-03-2015

APEX used to be my supplier of choice, but has recently been very poor. Ironically, JE Models via EBAY has been faultless so go figure?

Anyway I normally get Yokomo parts from MB Models but decided to try APEX once to see how they performed.

MB Models = Next day delivery

APEX Models = A week

Several other members of our club (ARCCC) have experienced similar timescales with APEX versus other other suppliers.
Old 22-03-2015

Default je spares

I've used JE spares quite a bit via ebay and have been nothing but pleased with the service, everything has been delivered swiftly and been well packaged and at a good price or i'd have gone elsewhere.
I'd read a few of the keyboard warrior stories and so far they've been wrong, JE have been just like any other online store and done what they need to do to keep me as a returning customer.
My LHS is PBM and they are fantastic but sometimes you need to use others, Inside Line, MB, Moss Models and Modelsport along with JE Spares all seem to go that bit further than most other types of shops i use and i think thats because this hobby in particular brings out some really picky traits in us, their customers.
Support them and tell the shops of any issues first so that they can sort the problems before coming on here giving them a bad name as it really can effect their livelihood.
Tony Collinson
Old 22-03-2015

With most rc shops being online now there isn't really much room for mistakes. If you have had a problem with the shop before and there are others out there selling the same item that you want why would you risk it buying from the place that you have had problems with before?