Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 30-05-2015

I remember last time they changed distributor to Hobbico and that was a complete farce which is why I will never run Durango again. Now Revell have Hobbico this time it's rediculous, it's the current Durango runners I feel sorry for. The cars are worthless 2nd hand so it's not as if they can sell them on to reinvest in a different brand. They're technically stuck with them.

Shame on Revell. The complete lack of communication shows nothing but contempt for what they think about the Durango customers (shops) and end users alike.

If shops aren't willing to put up with it then people need to stop promoting the brand trackside and advising people to buy them going forward. It's only a matter of time before other shops follow suit.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 30-05-2015
oOple Advertiser

Fabs - I think it is up to you guys i've tried and tried, when Revell's UK manager stands in my shop and tells me i will receive orders within in 72 hours and it doesn't happen what am i supposed to do. I chased my last order several times until on Thursday i gave up and thought lets do something to make TD do something about it, you certainly did by announcing to customers that orders would be with them within 48 hours, if Revell can't manage weeks, they have no chance at getting orders to customers in 48 hours. The average time is around 10 days from my experience.

I have to say I'm shocked that nobody from Revell or Team Durango has bothered to contact me about my decision.

I feel sorry for the end users but its come to a point where I'm not sure things are fixable anymore.

MB
Old 30-05-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoreman View Post
then if revell as distributor is not keen to promote the brand why are they the distributor ??
lets get someone willing to promote the brand so we can get stock to the shops that order then have to wait and wait till revell decide they going to send.
Revell Germany are the distributors because Revell and Durango are all part of the same company, Hobbico. It means they aren't going to change to a different distributor unless another company buys Durango from Hobbico.

Last edited by terry.sc; 30-05-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old 31-05-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Revell Germany are the distributors because Revell and Durango are all part of the same company, Hobbico. It means they aren't going to change to a different distributor unless another company buys Durango from Hobbico.
And after all that has happened with Durango, who will?

Anyway, this is pretty sad news for any Durango user, and unfortunately I have to say it fits in the line of miserable things that has happened to this brand over the last few years. With MBModels and InsideLineRacing now also quiting support for Durango, is there even a shop left in the UK supporting Durango - other than eBay with its wide offer of parts from used split kits on eBay?

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 31-05-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old 31-05-2015
Mad Member

TBH in a previous life in the UK I dealt extensively with many mainland European suppliers and in many cases they treat the UK like a slightly thick, younger sibling who should be humoured, but not respected in any way, shape or form. Basically ignored. They prefer their own local customers.

Thankfully we were big enough, loud enough and had a legal department. So eventually we got what we had paid for. In spades.

MB, Inside Line and so on aren't big, loud or tooled up with lawyers. So unless someone inside the organisation (not the UK people, the actual Revell Germany staff) gets a good kicking, it could well carry on indefinitely.

Shouting at the UK sales/supply people (or team Durango themselves) won't actually help. As they probably get very similar treatment. As slightly thick younger siblings........

It's a crap situation, but it's going to take some changing.
Old 02-06-2015

Default hobbico

OK quick update I sent two emails over the past weekend one bounced straight back to my inbox just proves one thing about the durango brand they have no clue about one thing called updating as this email box was one on there website. SO thought cut out the middlemen and go to the chiefs still waiting on a reply and guessing that now 2 days on I aint going to be recieving one so IM now in the position that if they cannot talk to a model shop that supported them and cannot give any clarification to club racers on why we struggle to get parts across a peice of water 25 miles wide then maybe it is time I support a brand that can so I prob sell my dex210 v2 as a spares option
Old 02-06-2015

I too have lost all faith in this brand and have my DEX210v2 up for sale. Although I may suffer with the sale price I think its best to change brand now and take a smaller hit than put more in and potentially lose even bigger.

I had plans to add a 4wd to the stable from TD but now looking at a reliable, supportive brand and will most likely stay with my old favourite from the good old days Schumacher. I loved my old Cougar and Pro Cat back in the day.
Old 02-06-2015

Thumbs down

Hi I remember dealing with Revel many years ago when I was in the trade and they were shocking then and by the looks of things they have not changed its a sad situation and that's the reason we stopped as a shop dealing with them.
Old 02-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looks like the MB models offer to swap to another brand is the the way to go. Send your durango roller back to the shop, and get a discount off a new kit, Yokomo, Schumacher, etc.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-06-2015
Mad Member

I'm just glad that a) i'm on the mainland (relatively cheap and quick postage from Germany) and b) with google translates help and a rudimentary knowledge of German, i can order from Germany........
Old 07-06-2015

Some one is not for-filling there contract amongst this fiasco , I work in warehousing and distribution, we supply to UK and Europe same day so why can't Revell??? It appears to me there infrastructure is not there which is unacceptable with all the courier services in Europe . Hobbico get it sorted and start looking after your customers.
Old 09-06-2015

A friend has just ordered some parts from the USA last Thursday and they arrived today with only £3 postage, enough said
Old 02-07-2015

MB models announcement about new durango parts order. Bally, is this a final last chance order to suppliers to see if their ideas have booked up? Or are you sticking with Durango stocks now?
Old 02-07-2015
oOple Advertiser

Not 100% sure we certainly won't be selling any kits for now, but we did a trial order this week and it arrived in 51 hours from been placed which i feel is more than acceptable considering it came from Germany, especially with the tunnel issues this week. its early days but i hope we can work with Revell to improve things further moving forwards.
Old 02-07-2015

Cheers Bally, hopefully they will keep it up.
Old 09-07-2015

thanks Bally.. just ordered some re stocked bits, good to see they playing ball at the minute!