Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 19-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Hi Tom,

When I saw you put "its nice that the car is completely your own", I did not want anyone thinking we had made "every" part that is running on the protos this weekend at Cactus, since when and if pictures emerge it will be clear to see there are just one or two bits that we already recognise...

Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-03-2011
Mad Member

Default Easley Wins His Race

Clayton Easley, driving the X - 7 in the 13.5 class, has just won his race with a 12-lap run and a string of 26s & 27s. This will probably move Clayton up a main to the C tomorrow. The A main guys in 13.5 are turning 25s, so Clayton's getting close. There are bump-ups in 13.5.

Paul will be up in an hour or so in Mod and I'll be in bed so you'll have to check LiveRC for the results. It's midnight EDT now, 9:00 in Phoenix.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 20-03-2011
Mad Member

Default Paul does Well Again

In round 4, Clayton's race and Paul's race were closer together, and the decision was made for Paul to run with Clayton's 13.5 in his Modified run. This put Paul at a distinct disadvantage, but he went out and ran a good race, with a bunch of 26s and 27s, plus a 25.

Running in the F (lowest) qualifier Paul led the race until the last lap when he was marshaled and wound up second. Out of about 60 entries, Paul's time with a 13.5 motor that could not clear the triple jump was about 45th. (Nobody with a 13.5 could clear it -- Clayton's motor was fine.)

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 20-03-2011

Booo just show pictures, talking about a product, giving race results ect is worthless. If you guys are confident enough to take it to one of the largest off-road races in the country you should be proud enough to show her off.

Your argument will probably be something like the car isn't ready, we're just testing some new ideas, its not even close to being done, or something like that. You'll never gain anything by keeping it under wraps. Anticipation builds off of what we can see.

I'm a director of marketing at a company that did 937 million in revenue last year and haas been growing at an average rate of 37% the last 4yrs, having been created in 2005. So I know a little about marketing, here in the uk you seem to have these guys swinging from a tight rope. But come on

Its been a year now, lets see some results. There is a kid on here that's in high school that has developed two cars in that time, and you guys aren't this small company anymore. If you think small that's all you'll be. You guys are an international company with drivers all around the world so lets go.

Design Without Fear of being criticized for a prototype that we all know is still in beginning stages.

Just some constructive criticism from a fan. I'm ready for all the backlash you guys can dish out, I could care less. My conscious is clear.
Old 20-03-2011

They probably couldn't afford to hire such an esteemed marketing expert as yourself.
Old 20-03-2011

Or maybe they are putting their efforts into producing the best possible chassis. It's not all about marketing you know!
Old 20-03-2011

It doesn't take a degree in marketing to understand that, you want pictures don't you?

And is not all about marketing? LOL that's interesting.

Tell JQ that
Old 20-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Or maybe we just dont want our unique ideas ripped off or copied before our car even hits the shelves. Nearer the time all will be revealed, but NOT yet sadly, far too early...sorry.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-03-2011
Mad Member

Photos will come -- unlike most R/C companies, we do not try to do this in secret. But be advised that we will be very careful about what the photos show and what they don't.

There is an order to things, and several years' experience launching new vehicles has taught us the hard way to follow it.

X Factory remains a two-man company, and over the six years in business have yet to gross a total of 1 million. So yes, we are building fast but easy-to-drive quality cars on a shoestring. If we had pix to show, we'd do it, but there is nobody at Cactus other than race drivers with very little time to do pix. I would give anything to be there, and if I were there, there would be pix.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 20-03-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Ahh i see, fair enough! Will you be doing your own shocks or using some of the currently available ones? Im guessing shocks to be one of the most expensive parts to design and make in a kit?

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 20-03-2011

I can respect that. I appreciate your reply. However I can say that I can agree to disagree. But redrc doesn't seem to have any problems getting pics

I hope we can see some photos soon
Old 20-03-2011

Default .

clayton just won the 13.5 d main by about 10 seconds, he gets bumped up now so see how he gets on

Paul has just broke/pulled up in the mod E main but he was running second !
Old 20-03-2011
Mad Member

Default Easley Wins 13.5 D Main -- Bumps Up To C

Clayton Easley, with a consistent string of 26s & 27s, has won the D main of 13.5 4WD. Clayton kept the X - 7 away from the marshals to win the event by almost 10 seconds over 2nd place.

The top two in each non-modified class bump up to the next main, so Clayton will be up again with the X - 7 in race 38, the 13.5 4WD C main. This will be after the A-2 round of modified, so it will be about two hours from now.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 20-03-2011
Mad Member

Talked to Paul about a half hour ago. Pix have been taken and we hope an interview will be done. You'll see them tonight or tomorrow.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 20-03-2011
Mad Member

Clayton Easley, starting from the #9 bump-up spot, wound up 5th in the Cactus C main, with another string of 26s & 27s.

Over-all X Factory is pleased with the performance of the X - 7 first time out. We have work to do, but it's a good start for an all-new radically different car.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 21-03-2011

1st. Great showing.

2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Or maybe we just dont want our unique ideas ripped off or copied before our car even hits the shelves. Nearer the time all will be revealed, but NOT yet sadly, far too early...sorry.
I wasn't asking for you guys to get her naked on the 1st outing, rather just a peek of what's to come

Sounds like you guys are getting it together down there, good stuff
Old 21-03-2011
Mad Member

Default Pix Will come

Paul will be home late Monday, with some pix which we will post, probably Tuesday. BTW, Tate, anybody who wanted to could have taken all the pix they wanted while the car was on the track, and we know that at least one web site photog did. As soon as he puts them up, we'll post a link.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 22-03-2011

I pitted beside Paul all weekend, and saw the car in various stages of assembly and fine tuning. I can tell you 3 things for sure:

1) I've never seen anything quite like it. It's one car I highly doubt we will see any posts along the lines of "oh great another *blank* clone."

2) It is very, very pretty. It looks FAST sitting on the table with no shell on, like a 1:1 supercar.

3) It performs the way it looks. It was very quick and nimble on the track, and considering the lead time the fellas had before the race, that is saying ALOT.

As the proto gets the kinks ironed out, the X-7 will become a force to be reckoned with!
Old 23-03-2011
Mad Member

Shall we guess what it is like first? That would be fun

I think the the motor will be centrally mounted with cells right up to the rear diff!
Actually I think rear motored kicked up so less overhang ?
Old 23-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I bet it has 4 wheels and is 4wd