Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 17-09-2007
Mad Member

Wicked weekend all, really enjoyed it. The BRC's and the F345's all had a superb atmosphere about them, far better than any other meeting i've been to this year, i'll definitely be going next year to pit bitch (and get proper hammered!).

Mr Goodall, you'd better do the nationals next year, i want more of that close racing we had at these meetings, we've had some class battles!!!

Jonesy, yes you called, but you made sod all sense for about 2 minutes, then hung up on me.

Thanks Jamie for letting us all pit in your awning this weekend, and apologies for the smells coming from some of the guys in the awning, it was inhumane (like our hotel room!).

Thanks to Doddy for the loan of the car again (which is now alllllll mineeee!) and the advice, and to Mr Preddy for the spares and setup ideas.

ps - my bet is for Yardy to give up the racing next year, and concentrate on a full time career in refereeing.
Old 17-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote of the leg 3 finals:
Yardy: Last race of the 2007 series, make it clean, and if you can't do that make it entertaining!
Old 17-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
Wicked weekend all, really enjoyed it. The BRC's and the F345's all had a superb atmosphere about them, far better than any other meeting i've been to this year, i'll definitely be going next year to pit bitch (and get proper hammered!).

Mr Goodall, you'd better do the nationals next year, i want more of that close racing we had at these meetings, we've had some class battles!!!

Jonesy, yes you called, but you made sod all sense for about 2 minutes, then hung up on me.

Thanks Jamie for letting us all pit in your awning this weekend, and apologies for the smells coming from some of the guys in the awning, it was inhumane (like our hotel room!).

Thanks to Doddy for the loan of the car again (which is now alllllll mineeee!) and the advice, and to Mr Preddy for the spares and setup ideas.

ps - my bet is for Yardy to give up the racing next year, and concentrate on a full time career in refereeing.
Some of the smells in our Tent were along those lines too - problem is i was trapped at the end where the air couldn't escape so occasionally had to make for a quick exit just to get some fresh air Hate to think what it would have been like Sunday after everyone was drinking!!

We certainly did have some good races, even those first couple of heats in qualifying were fun, just a shame i couldn't get closer in the finals though. I'll do what i can regarding Nat's but to a certain extent it's out of my control (see the Thumb print now)???

Yeah i can see Yardy doing that more - one thing did make me laugh was when there would be a big crash and i'd hear people moaning and shouting but Yardy just comes out with "ok guys that was unfortunate" - I heard that a lot over the saturday haha You did a top job though mate, especially leaving Stan and i to decide between ourselves - Rd2 was probably the best race we had all day, i kept trying to pull away but it just wasn't happening
Old 17-09-2007
Lee-Mag

Yardee was a top ref, he made all the difference IMO when i was in a heat and being the quickest car coming from the back of the grid.
Old 17-09-2007
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
hi well done to all involved with the running of the meeting ran very smoothly throughout the weekend did'nt do as well as i would have liked but ever mine and yeah it was bloody freezing on the saturday night but them 6.2% largers was rather nice from the bar
you should have said you was sleeping over paul you could have borrowed my all season sleeping bag
Old 17-09-2007
Mad Member

can't believe i forgot to say thanks to Mr Channon for turning up on saturday morning, and being instantly presented with a badly built diff to repair. Good job sir!!

One question though, at the end of finals on saturday, who's choice of music was it blaring over the race control speakers? Cos it was SHOCKING!!
Old 17-09-2007
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post

One question though, at the end of finals on saturday, who's choice of music was it blaring over the race control speakers? Cos it was SHOCKING!!
cant agree more
Old 17-09-2007
BANNED

No, it was ace.

Hair-Metal is all there really is.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 17-09-2007

Ice Mike, I think we've found the missing tranny knob..... the one that limits steering servo throw?

Mark A (track manager) has it.

drop him a note from the CMCC web link

Mark F
Old 17-09-2007
Mad Member

results are up on brca site

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 20-09-2007
Mad Member

Loads of snaps, more Sunday than Saturday

Coventry 2WD F3,F4,F5’s 15th Sept 2007:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MickJack...ey=28uTEZDR_Zw

Coventry 4WD F3,F4,F5’s 16th Sept 2007:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MickJackson2007/4WDF3F4F5S?authkey=Mt6H1De5cQM

enjoy
Old 20-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Nice pix mate, any more you got of my 4wd i could have?

Cheers

http://picasaweb.google.com/MickJack...67875076660770
Old 20-09-2007
Lee-Mag

Some great shots there, shame there are none of my 2wd
Old 20-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Mick, Jordan - Yet again some great pics there!!! Awesome.
Old 20-09-2007
Mad Member

Which one was that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Some great shots there, shame there are none of my 2wd
Old 20-09-2007
Mad Member

You got some realy good shots of both my cars fantastic pics (bag of prawn crackers on the wing )
Old 20-09-2007
Mad Member

Thanks Nick
Jordan was lucky, Stu lent him his nice "L" lens and was good enough to give him some tips on taking pictures and adjusting our camera, I have thrown away less from this batch, trouble is I dont like to leave out half good pictures, its someones car and they may like to see em. Looking forward to snapping at CML again, even against that black astro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
Mick, Jordan - Yet again some great pics there!!! Awesome.
Old 20-09-2007
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Which one was that ?
Black/white and yellow/orange x6 with some carbon thrown in for good measure
Old 20-09-2007
BANNED

Sorry Lee, I ain't got any X6 shots either, were we in the same heat?

Jordan - next time you are messing with the camera have a look at the colour shift function in the white balance section of the menu. If you mess with it you can change the way the camera processes the colours, making pictures look warmer/cooler or colour ranges stand out a bit more. It's a bit like the way a traditional photographer would use colour filters.

The 'L' lense is nice, but when there is plenty of light you should be able to get almost the same results with the standard lense you have. It's really when light is low that the full aperture sharpness of the 'L' lense comes in.

Will you be doing any indoor stuff over the winter - that's a whole new challenge, it's ace.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 20-09-2007
Mad Member

Now added bottom of page, silghtly out of focus I thought !