Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > JQ Products

Old 29-08-2012
Mad Member

Default JQ A big thank you.

I would like to say a big thank you to JQ for helping me with my MP9 Kyosho, He gave me longer out drives for my car after the drive shafts would not stay in. It is a TKI 2 built to kit spec and wouldn't keep the the drive shafts in the tolerances are too close. JQ saved the day when I couldn't get any real help from camp Kyosho and the shop didn't have any longer shafts.

I was very pleased and grateful for JQ's help as without him my first proper Nitro meet would have ended in disaster and I probably would have sold all my gear Tuesday being throughly disheartened with what should be one of the best cars and no support from a company that I have spent lots and lots of money with, running 4 Kyosho cars and All Orion Gear. Very very disappointed.

Yet JQ helped me for free with no vested interest and took the time to check the car, measure the car and give me advice which the other guys couldn't even look at.
Old 29-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
I would like to say a big thank you to JQ for helping me with my MP9 Kyosho, He gave me longer out drives for my car after the drive shafts would not stay in. It is a TKI 2 built to kit spec and wouldn't keep the the drive shafts in the tolerances are too close. JQ saved the day when I couldn't get any real help from camp Kyosho and the shop didn't have any longer shafts.

I was very pleased and grateful for JQ's help as without him my first proper Nitro meet would have ended in disaster and I probably would have sold all my gear Tuesday being throughly disheartened with what should be one of the best cars and no support from a company that I have spent lots and lots of money with, running 4 Kyosho cars and All Orion Gear. Very very disappointed.

Yet JQ helped me for free with no vested interest and took the time to check the car, measure the car and give me advice which the other guys couldn't even look at.

Really I know one of our guys who had the exact same problem with a front driveshaft popping out his MP9 went over to the same (I presume camp Kyosho!!) and Mike Cradock explained how he needed to shim his front driveshaft inboard more to reduce the chance of it happenening again, this obviously worked without any other modifications to the car and he was pleased with the help he got.
Old 29-08-2012
Mad Member

My front shafts still came out even with the diffs being shimmed correctly. smashed front and rear out drives to bits and turned a rear driveshaft into a corkscrew. With the diffs shimmed correctly there was still very little driveshaft in the outdrive and still came out. JQ outdrives cured the whole problem. Only speaking from personal experience.

Having said all that. At a quiet clanfield meet Elliot was very kind and tuned my engine for me, I had just hoped for more help and advice this weekend with such a strong kyosho presence.
Old 29-08-2012

Quote:

Quote:
It is sad that Kyosho are less than interested with the adverage club driver. A real thorn in there side as it is the normal giys that plough the money into the company is it not. But as long as they are winning lots then I guess the mere mortals have to go whistle.
Quote:
My front shafts still came out even with the diffs being shimmed correctly. smashed front and rear out drives to bits and turned a rear driveshaft into a corkscrew. With the diffs shimmed correctly there was still very little driveshaft in the outdrive and still came out. JQ outdrives cured the whole problem. Only speaking from personal experience.

Having said all that. At a quiet clanfield meet Elliot was very kind and tuned my engine for me, I had just hoped for more help and advice this weekend with such a strong kyosho presence.
just spoken to Mike cradock as it didnt sound like the sort of thing he would do and this is what he had to say

"you came over to me 3 times for advice, i advised you the car was set up incorrectly and informed you how to adjust it back properly, the driveshafts were shimmed to far out and you needed to bring them in more, you also had the wrong rear shafts in completely from a different model which didnt help, I gave you advice on set up and what changes to make and also spoke to you later on to make sure it had worked ok, you also had the rear inserts in the wrong position which made the rear track to wide which is opposite to the manual which calls for a short rear track width, i came over after to check all was ok and you told me it was all sorted, i took this to be the case and that you had sorted it all out, i also knew that john legg from Apex models was helping you to make the changes that i advised you to make, i was personally under pressure preparing 5 cars for this meeting but still took time out to help, Had you come over during practise i could of spent much more time to look the car over fully rather than in the middle of qualifying and as i said john legg was there to ensure you did it correctly (he knows how to build cars), I feel a bit aggreaved by your post despite my efforts but even after this if you want to send me your car i will personally go through it and make sure it is built as per the manual and not as you presume it should be, i also want to thank JQ for his help and admire him for his work also and regard him as a stand up member of the RC community as i also regard myself to be.

regards Mike Cradock"

as i said this is from mike but he has lost his log in details and he will confirm the post asap

Last edited by slow coach; 29-08-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 30-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

K
The Kyosho Team is far from like that mate like I said after the meeting.
I think Mike must of just been caught at a wrong moment or something for you to feel that way.
It is extremely difficult ay track side sometimes as you know with myself in 10th.
If you want to get your car ti Mike via me then no problem - text me

PS - we all love JQ
Old 30-08-2012
Mad Member

Well JQ is a top bloke and like a lot of RC guys will help others when they can!
JQ knows the cars well from when he drove the kyosho so its no surprise he knows what you need to get them running.

I think that RX is a tough class especially if you are new! Mike will offer to build anyone a car! that's not something that that can be valued! I think if you have a problem at a race its not easy to solve, better to do what you can at trackside then find out why and how to fix! we are here to help and advise!
Its a shame you decided to blurt out your frustrations here!
Racing can you leave you on a high or extremely dissapointed its how you cope with both that defines you!!!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 29-08-2012
Administrator

Nice one mate, JQ is a very friendly and helpful chap.
Old 29-08-2012

"THE" top bloke ..... You know where to drop your next wedge then Kris.
Old 29-08-2012
Mad Member

It is sad that Kyosho are less than interested with the adverage club driver. A real thorn in there side as it is the normal giys that plough the money into the company is it not. But as long as they are winning lots then I guess the mere mortals have to go whistle.