Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

BRCA rules from the BRCA site are clear, you must be a BRCA member and proofs it to enter a regional. You were not so even though its toy cars, you should have been refused entry, either way as a non member I fail to see how you can be allowed to take points for a meeting you were not a member at.

4. SANCTIONED EVENTS
4.1 Off-Road Sanctioned events include the National Championship Series, Regional Championship Series, the British Winter Open Championship, Junior & Veterans’ Championship, Inter-Regional F2 Championship and the Inter-Regional F3/F4/F5 Championship. It is possible that further specific events could be sanctioned by the committee.
With the exception of any Regional Championship series, the Section committee reserve the right to cancel any of these events if the entry numbers at closing date would result in the event not being viable. Entries received after closing date may not be accepted. 4.2 The Junior & Veterans’ Championship, Inter-Regional F2 Championship and the Inter-Regional F3/F4/F5 Championship will follow the general format of National events. The British Winter Open Championship may run to a variation.
4.3 Only Clubs/Organisers affiliated to the BRCA are allowed to run Sanctioned events.
4.4 Drivers entering these events must be a BRCA member, in order to compete.
4.5 At Sanctioned events, BRCA membership cards or proof of membership may be required to be shown at ‘booking in’.
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

It's also down to the clubs to ensure those racing have membership on the day. If you did hurt/mame/kill something or someone, it's the clubs problem, which means the committee and chair. It's in our interest to check and make sure a insured!
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
In mid south it's no membership no race. All cards and pre booked entrants are checked online via the brca rep. No membership, no race as its an official brca sanctioned event. You have no insurance and no protection, as others. You need to speak with your area rep as all regions should abid by the same rules.
The SW abides by the same rules, but is a small relaxed region and does not have a prebooking system. Each club handles booking in on the day without the local BRCA reps input.

The clubs (myself and WORM being one) are clearly guilty of not thoroughly checking his BRCA status, but Dan is a local racer who's been racing at the local clubs all year, so it will have never occurred to any of us to check at this point, as he 'should' have been checked when renewals were being done. Somehow he slipped through the nets.

It was Dan's responsibility to ensure he renewed his licence, and the clubs to check that he had it, so he failed first, we failed him after that.

Dan should be left to speak privately to whoever he needs to speak to resolve this. It doesn't really need to be national chatter...though he's brought in on himself by posting here, so he shouldn't be surprised at the reactions

Suffice to say that following this, I expect all the SW regions clubs will be more careful in future!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Agree Andy however, should he of had BRCA after 3 meetings? Isn't that the rules for any brca affiliated club? I might be wrong though.
Old 19-07-2013

Im not particularly bothered who reads this to be honest Andy. I just want clarification as to where I stand as I probably wont make the journey down if I am only going to score points from the one round. But ill speak to Dave later and see if he can shed any light on the matter. If its bad news see you all in a few weeks, if its good then see you all on sunday
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Go race Dan, rock up and have fun! Rules are rules but we all need to support the clubs!
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Agree Andy however, should he of had BRCA after 3 meetings? Isn't that the rules for any brca affiliated club? I might be wrong though.
To my knowledge, the '3 for free' only applies to brand new (never been a member) racers.

But he's been racing round here for years! So he's by no means a 'new' racer, and runs at the mid/top end of our A finals regularly.....so we'd all been (wrongly as it turns out) assuming he'd done his renewal like usual.
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-07-2013

I have just spoken to David Rowcliffe who is on Holiday so you wont get hold of him! This is how it stands the points that you have scored already will not count as you were NOT a member of the BRCA !! Now that you are a member you can count your score if you wish on Sunday.
Old 19-07-2013

When you book in why are you not ask for your membership it don't take seconds to show it perhaps it something look at next season!!
Old 19-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 36 View Post
When you book in why are you not ask for your membership it don't take seconds to show it perhaps it something look at next season!!
Yes, this is one of a number of things that will be sorted in next years south west regionals. Turnout in the South West was pretty poor for a few years but as numbers and tracks are starting to get bigger we realise we have to step up our game and run a more professional championship. As said plans have already started for next seasons championship.
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

The way that I understand it is that if you do not have a BRCA card then you should not be allowed to race at any BRCA registered club untill you are in receipt of your card let alone race at a Regional event.
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 19-07-2013

This is all a bit serious. A mistake to forget your membership but I expect we are all
guilty of forgetting more important things like mot and insurance before e-mail and
txt reminders became more common.
Also seems a bit mean especially as now a paid up member with membership running from November till November.
Old 19-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by yin View Post
This is all a bit serious. A mistake to forget your membership but I expect we are all
guilty of forgetting more important things like mot and insurance before e-mail and
txt reminders became more common.
Also seems a bit mean especially as now a paid up member with membership running from November till November.
MOT and insurance are two other things you can't back date when you choose either

Last edited by Smartalec; 19-07-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Wrong
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

More important things? Really? I'll remind of this comment when a Non insured racer smacks into a marshals ankle, rendering him with broken bones and thus not being able to work for 6 months plus. The said non Insured racer could/possibly would get sued for the incident and cost of sickness off work and long term injury/problems. This would also, I think, fall on the club as well. So yes, it is a bit serious I'm affraid!

With his £15 brca he's fully insured....
Old 19-07-2013

Quote:
More important things? Really? I'll remind of this comment when a Non insured racer smacks into a marshals ankle, rendering him with broken bones and thus not being able to work for 6 months plus. The said non Insured racer could/possibly would get sued for the incident and cost of sickness off work and long term injury/problems. This would also, I think, fall on the club as well. So yes, it is a bit serious I'm affraid!

Old 19-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowen208fly View Post
Toy Cars....
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Toy Cars....
Completely agree, I wouldn't sue but some will....
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:

Neil be aware that you are correct and the club chairman and committee would carry the responsibilty in a court of law!
It has been known for some unscrupulous people to go from track to track racing to get away without paying their BRCA on the old 3 meeting rule!
That is why it is know no card no race!
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Toy Cars....
So scoring points isn't really that big a deal if its just toy cars...

Rules are rules.. If you don't join you don't race...
Old 19-07-2013

as the euro's are on at the moment the person who will make the final decision is in spain. however the fact you raced without membership will not necessarily mean you lose the points already gained, there may be a genuine reason why you did not renew, which may be taken into consideration.
although the decision to null and void your points may go against you it has ramifications on those still in any championships, if your points are removed does everyone move up? the person qualifying B1 to your A10 has been deprived of the possibility of finishing A1!. equally the whole regions F gradings will be affected.
i suggest you race as you are a member, something which can be checked online, then contact your regional rep and the chairman to discuss your case.