Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2013

Default BRCA rules clarification help urgent!!

Hi,

Hoping that someone can clarify for me where we stand on license and points scoring for regional's...I (inadvertently) was not registered as a BRCA member for the first 2 rounds of our regional series. But now I am. Do the points still count from the first two rounds?

Thanks

Dan
Old 19-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

The rules state.........

"18.1 Only BRCA members are allowed to score points in Sanctioned Championships."

We have one round left on Sunday so I would think that if you can produce your membership card on the day then you will be ok.
Old 19-07-2013

I don't think i will be able to as I only paid for it yesterday so I doubt it will arrive by tomorrow. So I will be a BRCA member, but wont be able to produce my license. Where does it say that I have to produce it firstly? And second, do my points still count from the rounds that I was not a member?
Old 19-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

I think the key point is "Championship". If you produce your membership after the championship has finished then you would not have been a member during. This is like any motorsport you must have a licence to compete and I think if you entered a chmpionship in full size racing and couldn't produce a licence you would be disqualified from the entire championship. This is however toy cars and i beleive that if you can produce a card on the day no one will question it and your points will stand.
Old 19-07-2013

I wont be able to produce it on the day!! That is the point I am making!! I am registered (now) - but what I need is clarification as to where it says in the rules I need to produce it on the day.
Old 19-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you have bought and paid for your licence you are now a member and covered by insurance, best idea is to take copies of the emails from brca confirming you have paid and show the date, these normally also show your new BRCA number, this should be enough to confirm your a member, they can also check on the system as you should show as a member even if your card has yet to arrive.

If you paid via paypal, also take a copy of that email as evidence of payment.

I should think at regional level that should be enough, as in the end to promote our hobby we should be trying to find reasons for people to race, not to send them home

The only problem you could have with the points you scored at previous meetings before you joined could be depending on how well you have done! One person (or people) you have beaten could complain saying the points from the first meeting shouldn't count as you were not a brca member and they were at the time. And TBH I think they could have a point

how you managed to race at a 2 regional meetings with out a current licence is another matter

Maybe this would have been better discussed with your regional rep and kept under your hat rather than posting here for all to see,doh

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 19-07-2013

ok great. thanks. are there any objections from the south west contingent?
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

It is the clubs responsibility to check that all racers are BRCA members whenever they race at their clubs if they themselves are BRCA affiliated. That goes for club rounds or bigger/regional events.

Truth is, for good or bad, clubs get used to seeing people around, and once the licence renewals period is done, and checks are made around that time, they might rightly or wrongly assume that racers have their licence sorted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've raced at WORM, Yatton, Tiverton and Caldicot possibly this year...so that's 4 different clubs that have failed to check you in it!

Letter of the law (as far as I can understand):

You don't have any legitimate entry's/results so far this year, so entering on Sunday will mean you only have 1 result to use for a grading.

Entering on Sunday is reliant on the club being satisfied that your now a member, and that would mean them either seeing your card, them being satisfied that you've presented something legitimate confirming your membership is being processed, or them having contacted the BRCA themselves to ensure it's being processed.

As for my personal thoughts...if you drop out that's points for me!!! But it's toy cars...and only a hobby...is it really a problem???

As an aside to that...do you/did you intend to use your F grading for nationals/end of season entry next year? If you didn't then it's not really an issue anyway.
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-07-2013

Yeah that is what I am trying to clarify also....do the results still stand for the previous rounds?
Old 19-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
It is the clubs responsibility to check that all racers are BRCA members whenever they race at their clubs if they themselves are BRCA affiliated. That goes for club rounds or bigger/regional events.
That is correct and I agree but it is also the drivers responsibility to make sure they have an upto date licence throughout the year.

I just asked Martin who has confirmed this with Jackie, if you can produce your membership card on Sunday then yes your rounds will count, if you cannot produce your membership card on Sunday then none of them count.

From your previous posts you have said that you cannot produce a membership card on Sunday so I am guessing no rounds will count. As Andy asked do you want to use the f grading for Nationals or end of season finals? If neither then I wouldnt worry to much.

Just a point to clarify that Andy mentioned about club membership. Both TRCCC, YRCC and WORM asked everyone about membership and BRCA membership. I was at a few meetings at these clubs where membership and BRCA was mentioned and I recall you were there. Why didnt you sort it then? Would be cheaper club racing for you as well
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

Just to add to what Alan has said. We had a similar situation within the BRCA Micro National Series last year and after speaking to the BRCA Membership Sec (and Chris Hardisty) we were able to accept an email from the Membership Sec as prove of membership.

Email the membership sec just asking for them to confirm your BRCA Membership has been approved and processed, as it is Friday you may struggle to get your card through on time
Old 19-07-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

I always thought to enter a BRCA sanctioned meeting you HAD to be a BRCA member, otherwise you have no third party liability insurance.
As for producing a licence, all any club official has to do is call the BRCA membership committee member (in this case Dave waters) who will simply confirm you are a member,
My personal take on it, not a member when you did previous rounds, so no points scored.
Old 19-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
I always thought to enter a BRCA sanctioned meeting you HAD to be a BRCA member, otherwise you have no third party liability insurance.
As for producing a licence, all any club official has to do is call the BRCA membership committee member (in this case Dave waters) who will simply confirm you are a member,
My personal take on it, not a member when you did previous rounds, so no points scored.

Exactley!!
Old 19-07-2013

Send a message via MSN to ryan

Whata salad.
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

I understood you could not race at a BRCA event without being a member? Slap on the wrists somewhere....
Old 19-07-2013

Which BRCA committee member can confirm this? As I am not going down there if the points from the first two rounds don't count.
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

I don't think you should have even been allowed to race in the main class, let alone worry about points.
Old 19-07-2013

yeah but are you saying that as an opinion or as a someone who has the authority to make that judgement? Which BRCA representative do I need to speak to to get clarification on this?
Old 19-07-2013
SHRCCC Legend

In mid south it's no membership no race. All cards and pre booked entrants are checked online via the brca rep. No membership, no race as its an official brca sanctioned event. You have no insurance and no protection, as others. You need to speak with your area rep as all regions should abid by the same rules.
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

David Rowcliffe is still the SW regional rep for this year. I would suggest you speak to him to begin with.

His contact details are on the BRCA website.
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Closed Thread