Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 22-11-2008

Default Newbury T/C club requires members

As most of you know we have a massive hall at newbury with a decent rostrum and some fantastic off road indoor tracks ( last weeks MK gp may jog your memory )

We also run touring car and 12th nights every other friday in full carpet and we have more than enough space for some new members, brushless and lipo are ok but at the moment we are restricting the touring cars to 27t or 13.5 brushless.

more details can be found on the club website.

http://www.newburyrcclub.co.uk/

We are also looking to grow the hobby in the local area so if anyone has some sugestions of a reasonably priced rtr touring car and links it would be apreciated as needing to spend £400 + to get started could put a lot of people of and if you dont know what your looking for ebay may not be youir friend
Old 22-11-2008
Mad Member

The Tamiya TT-01 is an excellent low-cost car, assuming it is well supported by your local shops. Very popular at the Teesside club up this way. I tried to get the class going here on Tyneside/Wearside but probably made the rules too complicated. Simple is better at club level.

Restrict to silver can motors and the Tamiya speedo and you have a foolproof entry-level class for under £150 ready to race.
Old 22-11-2008

also allow tamiya minis this has swelled members at my local club
Old 22-11-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Firstly, as Andy knows, im a huge fan of the Newbury club, however I live too far away to go there every Friday.

May I suggest that you look at openning your TC motor limit to atleast 19T/brushless equivilent?
If memory serves correctly there is no 27T class at a TC National anymore which means that if anyone wants to develop from club racer to National racer they wont be able to get practise time in at Newbury. I also believe that at the indoor meets such as the Thrashnells there most popular class is 19T.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 22-11-2008

When Aldershot allowed 19 turn the numbers have been right up judging by their results pages.

Edd and I want to give racing TC at Newbury a go, didn't even realise about the 27 turn limit. Very off putting considering everywhere has been 19 turn for ages.
Old 24-11-2008

I think the point about 19 turn is a valid one- we can discuss this at the AGM which is in a few weeks. the more we can do to encourage people to come the better- we have a massive track but obviously we need more people to cover the overheads.
Old 01-08-2009

hi there

Iv not long started rc racing over at newbury and i have found them to welcome newbies and help with advice and general set up's.

There is mains power, so no need to lug that battery, loads of parking, pit tables and lots of em, there are hand out transponders.

they do allow 10.5/19 turn motors as well as the ezrun stuff, which is a good thing as anything that helps keep costs down can only help and get more people to start racing.

so do what i did come one night and have a look or and jump right in.

stumpy

P.S if there if stuff going on in the next room there is a BAR
Old 13-08-2009

A bar? Next door? AND racing? SOLD!!!!

Could we have another class as well, maybe '3 pints and above'......
Old 13-08-2009

we should do a 13.5 fosters or 10.5 stella class
Old 13-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Newbury is a great club. Been there for afew of the MK Grand Prix meetings which were some of the best indoor 10th offroad meets ive ever attended. They also are hosting a Micro National for the first time too this year. Great venue, great club, great members

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 14-08-2009

Send a message via MSN to Matt_N

Newbury is an amazing club. I joined there towards the end of last year, and have been given so much help, and was also made to feel welcome by everyone there. I have been leant numerous items after breaking something and not being able to replace it. The atmosphere there is great.