Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 02-02-2013

I've looked into the Alturn low profile servo which for around £20 seems good value but it has a higher rating of than say a Savox sh1357 which is £35. Now is it an issue with the Spektrum rx using too much current or is it the servo?
Old 02-02-2013

Gareth, i have an alturn low pro and run it through spektrum stuff. It will cause problems with the fan plugged in on the core 45.

I have had results with the fan off and a large capacitor in the rx. However i have decided to put a 1000mah LIFe into the rx which has given better servo performance and seems a better solution. Minimal weight from the battery too
Old 02-02-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth273 View Post
Hmm. May have to rethink getting my lad a Spektrum radio then.
gareth spektrum radio and rx are fine, fit a capacitor to the rx leave the fan off and use a savox 1350. all will be fine, its only the low profile or the full size servos that cause issues.1350 is a small 12th scale one
Old 02-02-2013
Mad Member

Like RogerM, I am firmly on Planet Futaba. Yes you pay more, but you get lots more. Very accurate and reliable servos, good performance and no problems with the radio. Always have a good resale value and are easy to sell. I have never had one pack up on me in 35 years racing, and the 9602s I had before going 2.4/HRS were ten years old and still going strong in the car of the guy I sold it to.

Which probably puts the curse on my servo at the Plymouth National, but since I have said that many times before I remain hopeful!
Old 02-02-2013

I too have found the Spektrum Micro receivers can struggle sometimes. I'll only run the micro when I have a low power servo in - otherwise I will put a standard size Spektrum Rx in as these do cope a bit better.