Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 17-05-2015

Default oople bury round 1

What a weekend,fantastic.
Massive thanks to the oople and bury team.
Windy but at least the rain stayed off.
Cheers guys
Sworkz
Bury metro
Old 17-05-2015

My favourite track layout so far at Bury.
Old 17-05-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Great weekend!

The track was good, the organisation was first class by both the oOple lot and the Bury Metro team.

On to the next round.
Old 17-05-2015

Brilliant weekend , thanks to all involved
Old 17-05-2015

cracking weekend well done to the bury team and oople crew ,
thank you for all your custom over the weekend,

see you back at Bury in 2 weeks
Old 18-05-2015

Really enjoyed the weekend. Bury is a great track. Wish we had something like that up here. Well run meeting. Thanks to all involved. Cheers.
Col.
Old 18-05-2015

Fantastic weekend with some good people, the oople crew where superb and as usual the Bury club put on a brilliant venue , the track layout was the best it has ever been.

Some real quality racing and watching the fast lads was a real pleasure, racing how it should be. The race controller was funny and kept us all entertained.

We will have to do more

Steve and Cam Taylor
Old 18-05-2015

Default Top weekend

On behalf of the Bury team, I would like to say thank you to the Oople team for their sterling job at the weekend. Great set of lads, with the bonus of some great prizes, all whilst allowing the Bury team a chance to just enjoy plenty of track time.

It was great to welcome visitors from all parts of the country. I hope the lads from North of the border, enjoyed not having to clean off their usual mud and sludge from their cars and enjoyed the facilities too.

I would like to say a big thanks to my fellow Bury team, for their efforts in preparing the track and the site for the meeting and for the clear up at the end of the weekend.

The weather held out for us throughout the weekend. It was a real pleasure to see some of our local drivers, make significant improvements this last year. With some really slick racing.

Tristan Morgan and Scott Broadbent, showed real consistency throughout the day, with Tristan finishing a credible 3rd in the 2wd D final and Scott taking the win in the 2wd C final.

The weekend saw the usual local battle between the Yokomo 4wd's of Minty and Neil, with Neil just pipping Minty to overall 2nd in the B final, Neil suffering again with some bad luck, restricting him to just two final legs.

We had little 5yr old Hayden, travelling 3hrs+ from County Durham, who's smile throughout the weekend was widened when he won a remote controlled helicopter. the same prize collected by Tristan Morgan . We also had some excellent racing from the young Matthew Hinks, who with his dad Chris, we're lucky enough to enter the meeting on the Saturday morning after a few no shows. Matthew was in my qualifying heat 3 and put me in my place most of the weekend, yet another of the young drivers coming through at the club.

Some consistent driving from Paul Crompton, saw his 2nd place qualifying in the 4wd A final, turned into a win, after finishing 1st in the first two legs. This coupled with a credible 5th place finish in the 2wd drive A final too! Not too shabby against some top class experienced divers.

A special mention for my usual track rival, Dave Madsen, who really did have a mixed day. A big crash into Mark Broadbent on the straight made a mess of his 4wd in the first leg of the C final, only for his number 2, to be picked out again in the prize draw and win himself a new set of tools to help go fix his car. That after winning a hoody, after his number was picked after his 2wd final. More jam than Robinsons

The Bury club look forward to welcoming the Oople team back again very soon.

Don't forget booking in for the next NW regional is now open.

Hope to see many more return to the track soon.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.

Last edited by Darren Wales; 18-05-2015 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Birdy says.....
Old 18-05-2015

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Darren,

Slight edit please, as i finished 1st in the second leg and and 3rd in the third leg that put me in 2nd place over the three finals as Minty only had 2 two's......Not that there is any rivalry between me and Minty but that put's me 2-1 for for the summer season

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 18-05-2015

Default Self edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
Darren,

Slight edit please, as i finished 1st in the second leg and and 3rd in the third leg that put me in 2nd place over the three finals as Minty only had 2 two's......Not that there is any rivalry between me and Minty but that put's me 2-1 for for the summer season
:w oot:

My sincere apologies Birdy.

👍

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 18-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
Darren,

Thats just how the cookie crumbles i guess. I forgot to mention that i made those mistakes on purpose in the finals :P Had to let you win to lure you in a false sense of security for the start of the MintyVSBirdy 2015 championship!
Old 18-05-2015

I really enjoyed my first trip to bury , track was great and a nice calm breeze to keep me cool my son had a great time too , so thanks to the bury crew and a big thank you to my buddy john price who puts in 2 long days in race control