Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 30-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEXtrain View Post
yes that one is ok. the other one got the Lutzinator treatment
Yeh thats why he had to switch to his old car.

I preferred the proto with the saddle setup Jorn was running.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 01-10-2013

Is that a date on the seriously bent chassis? looks like 11 Mar 13, so that chassis may of been built March 11th, 2013, so as I suspected a lot of time on it. It'll be interesting to see what officially gets released.
Old 01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky View Post
Is that a date on the seriously bent chassis? looks like 11 Mar 13, so that chassis may of been built March 11th, 2013, so as I suspected a lot of time on it. It'll be interesting to see what officially gets released.
Hello rcjunky,

It is "IFMAR '13" what you see in the chassis.

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy555 View Post
...Plenty of cash spent machining those alloy bulkheads and battery straps.... you'll never see those in a kit box
Yes, for sure you'll never see those in a kit box, but i would like to see the metal bulkhead as an optionpart!?

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
Hello rcjunky,

It is "IFMAR '13" what you see in the chassis.
I thought I was on to something
Old 05-10-2013

I was told no pictures allowed during the worlds.
Seem rules are not the same for everyone.
Old 07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn0 View Post
I was told no pictures allowed during the worlds.
Seem rules are not the same for everyone.
If that means me, i've got my posted pics from neobuggy, an official website, with reports and pictures from rc-news, and allso from the worlds!?
If that was/is an special forum rule, i didn't know that!

My cars:
Old 07-10-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
If that means me, i've got my posted pics from neobuggy, an official website, with reports and pictures from rc-news, and allso from the worlds!?
If that was/is an special forum rule, i didn't know that!
Nothing to do with this forum - I was unaware of this "rule"
Old 07-10-2013

No worries man. Thanks for posting the pics, I'm sure there's no RC police to stop people from taking pics there
Old 08-10-2013

Nothing again anyone here gents.
During the event, some drivers/manufacturers asked to not taking pictures of the prototype, testing car or what even you want to call them. It is pretty easy to understand some of those cars are just idea on development that may never see light.

Quick example: the car used by Jorn, Ryan and the Durango crew was definitively a test bench with everything to be defined. It works great on the track (TQ) but will it be produced under any form one day? No one knows and for now that purely speculation which create hope for nothing new.

The current car shows great speed with Ryan and maybe it will be still produced as it is for some more years which in turns will frustrate the customers as they saw something than never get out.

So again, nothing about nobody here: this is more some request at the track during the event that some deliberately broke out in order to show something.

I spoke with some persons and they weren't please at all about some released pictures on the prototype/test car.
Old 08-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn0 View Post
Nothing again anyone here gents.
During the event, some drivers/manufacturers asked to not taking pictures of the prototype, testing car or what even you want to call them. It is pretty easy to understand some of those cars are just idea on development that may never see light.

Quick example: the car used by Jorn, Ryan and the Durango crew was definitively a test bench with everything to be defined. It works great on the track (TQ) but will it be produced under any form one day? No one knows and for now that purely speculation which create hope for nothing new.

The current car shows great speed with Ryan and maybe it will be still produced as it is for some more years which in turns will frustrate the customers as they saw something than never get out.

So again, nothing about nobody here: this is more some request at the track during the event that some deliberately broke out in order to show something.

I spoke with some persons and they weren't please at all about some released pictures on the prototype/test car.
It's going to happen. If you take something out in public, it is at risk of having a picture taken of it. This was even true before the modern digital age. I remember the 1989 spy shots and especially the spy shots of the 1991 Associated RC10 Stealth cars. I got excited. Everyone wanted one. We never got it. The standard RC10 stayed around a few more years before the B2 came out. Those Stealth cars were developmental platforms that ultimately led to the current layouts. Modern arm length and shock mounting locations were figured out back then as they are identical on the B3, B4, DEX210, and other buggies which are all from those old stealth cars.

I for one don't get disappointed anymore if what is spied doesn't make production. Just because something is being tried doesn't mean it's better or even as good. I just enjoy seeing different things and knowing that ongoing development still exists. That gives me hope for the future.
Old 08-10-2013

I was at the worlds....

Yes there is a V4 DEX410 and a V2 DEX210 coming out shortly. ALthough they won't be the cars that the Factory team are using.

They are based from the current cars but some upgrades and new parts.

The 2wd and 4wd Jorn,Hupo,Travis and Ryan were using were prototypes and all custom parts. They are really happy with their cars.

Although the cars they are using won't be available for a while i would assume.

JK
Old 11-10-2013

Default Is it gonna be retrofittable

Out of interest I am curious as to whether or not the new parts will be available to fit my current DEX210.

Frankly - it's no surprise to me that the Yokes and the RB6 did so well at the worlds. I have seen the Kyosho in the hands of many drivers, and they just seem to ride so well - hard to describe, but they just have a certain finesse around the track that I just don't see in other kits.
Old 12-10-2013

Funny to read some comments - they just tried saddle in the rear guys- no big deal and if they are smart they will make it retrofitable so i can buy a kit for my dex410 to try too