Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Healthy Stuff

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default laser eye surgery

Some of you may be considering having this done but not sure about it.
I,ve just had Lazek done on friday for the second time after 10 years (due to age deterioration) but only on my right eye this time.
I first had it done to both eyes in 2001 when I was 41 but as you go through your 40,s your eyes natuaraly deteriate so I decided to go for it again.
I had mine done at Ultralase and they are first class offering you aftercare for life. This second procedure was FREE of charge so they really do look after you.
If your worried about it being painfull then dont, you do not feel a thing. They use drops to stop any feeling in your eye. The actual lasering took only took two bursts of 14 and 2 seconds and the only bad thing is the smell like burning hair but as I said no pain at all.
You get a bandage contact lens to wear for 5 days after and drops to use as stated, and a patch to cover your eye at night so you dont rub it in your sleep.
You should if male get your hair cut grade one as you must not get water in your eye while it heals so use a face cloth to clean your head and you will have to avoid washing dishes for two weeks so you dont get splashed.
You may get some discomfort afterwards but they give you painkilling drops. I only felt a little discomfort about 2 hours after the procedure a bit like grit in the eye but it soon went with the drops.
You will not be able to drive for a few days so will need a lift to and from the surgery and also need a good pair of wrap round sunglasses to keep wind and dirt out.
With glasses costing £2-300 every year it pays for itself if its your first time and like I said its free aftercare for life including any further laser treatments.
If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

UPDATE 8/12/11

Had the bandage contact lens out yesterday (in for 5 days) and though my eye was a bit watery as it feels a bit gritty for about an hour when he lens comes out I could read the bottom line which is better than 20-20 vision and today its getting better. Its like hd vision and for me was well worth doing.
Below is a video of how its done, I can assure you its completely painless. I did not feel a thing even the scraping the cells off .

Last edited by bodgit; 08-12-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: update