Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 07-10-2018

Default What kit to get

I bought a second hand Mugen which I’ve taken to a track twice, I’m not the best as expected but I love it.
With that I’m going to practice 4/5 times a week as I want to start racing mid November.
I have the basics, hex drivers, spare screws etc, air filters, glow plugs, and some bits and bobs, I’m in the process of getting a spare set of tyres and wheels.
I’m sort of tempted to get a Hudy set up or the Arrowmax, but the cost is putting me off so I thought about a camber gauge to use also as a toe in gauge.
I have the Mugen Mxbr7r which was Lee Martins old one before he changed sponsor and it is in mint condition, but parts are getting hard to find it seems so, with that I don’t want to spend loads on spares because if I find myself actually competitive I will buy a new set up next year.
Also I used to use stick trans years ago and I wanted to try the wheel trans and I like it a lot so I bought a Absima CR3P, is it worth using it for the foreseeable future or upgrading but only if it will improve things.
Old 30-06-2019
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG72 View Post
I bought a second hand Mugen which I’ve taken to a track twice, I’m not the best as expected but I love it.
With that I’m going to practice 4/5 times a week as I want to start racing mid November.
I have the basics, hex drivers, spare screws etc, air filters, glow plugs, and some bits and bobs, I’m in the process of getting a spare set of tyres and wheels.
I’m sort of tempted to get a Hudy set up or the Arrowmax, but the cost is putting me off so I thought about a camber gauge to use also as a toe in gauge.
I have the Mugen Mxbr7r which was Lee Martins old one before he changed sponsor and it is in mint condition, but parts are getting hard to find it seems so, with that I don’t want to spend loads on spares because if I find myself actually competitive I will buy a new set up next year.
Also I used to use stick trans years ago and I wanted to try the wheel trans and I like it a lot so I bought a Absima CR3P, is it worth using it for the foreseeable future or upgrading but only if it will improve things.
I am also looking for the same here. If someone could help us beginners it would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rico

Last edited by RicoS; 03-07-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2019

I'm still using and still competitive with a MBX6 so don't don't worry about it wearing out !! Mugen is great quality and most parts are available from somewhere around the world ..

Stick with what you have and get the most out of it before you upgrade