Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 30-10-2014
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
If you dont have the time or the money to go to the AGM why dont you see if there is one person willing to go to represent your club. If every club had one representative the general opinion of average joe racer would be heard. I went to the agm. It was a 160 mile found trip. Next year they are hoping the AGM will be held at gaydon motor musesm. I believe this will include entry to the musesm. So more of a day can be made of it. If you feel passionate about the changes you want you will make the effort and find a way. I have no time for keyboard warriors. I work really hard to make things happen at my local club more than most people would ever do. Driving to the AGM is small fry.
Well said Ash, going to the AGM was the easiest R/C thing I did all year

Last edited by James; 30-10-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 30-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTSHOT III View Post
So you don't have any desire to move onwards and upwards and improve the hobby for everyone, you just want to argue the toss for as long as possible?

If that is the case then "pissing off the whole planet one person at a time" isn't far off!
nope I said that because im happy with the system and procedures, if an issue arises I don't like, ill travel to a agm or egm, debate it (maybe I did not understand it properly and it needed explaining) and put my hand in the air when I need to, Simple...
im not the one moaning on here, im the one saying it how it is...

Last edited by mark christopher; 30-10-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 30-10-2014

Quote:
If you dont have the time or the money to go to the AGM why dont you see if there is one person willing to go to represent your club. If every club had one representative the general opinion of average joe racer would be heard. I went to the agm. It was a 160 mile found trip. Next year they are hoping the AGM will be held at gaydon motor musesm. I believe this will include entry to the musesm. So more of a day can be made of it. If you feel passionate about the changes you want you will make the effort and find a way. I have no time for keyboard warriors. I work really hard to make things happen at my local club more than most people would ever do. Driving to the AGM is small fry.
+1 on the well said Ashley !

300 miles round trip for me and the Agm was very good lots of info on hand
Old 30-10-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Quote:
So is the outlet different from the distributor? If so the effects are twofold:

Firstly it ensures that Hobbyking can never submit their batteries for approval because they supply UK customers directly from their UK warehouse (thank God).

Secondly it guarantees any battery on the EB list will be overpriced in the UK compared to the amount it would sell for in the USA or Europe because the distributor has to take their cut.

So if that is indeed the case then the whole thing stinks, it's a price cartel like I said on page 9. Plus the fact, as well as ensuring that the customer pays more, it also makes the supply chain inefficient.
Sorry, no idea - I'd suggest you ask the BRCA electric board that question. I just saw something posted up that I didn't recall reading last time I looked at the rules. One thing I do know is that "Balls out" Lipo's are from MB models - and not sure if they're available anywhere else. Same goes for Demon Products (although not sure if Demon have any current legal batteries, although they certainly have had).
Old 30-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
nope I said that because im happy with the system and procedures, if an issue arises I don't like, ill travel to a agm or egm, debate it (maybe I did not understand it properly and it needed explaining) and put my hand in the air when I need to, Simple...
im not the one moaning on here, im the one saying it how it is...
TBH that's a fair comment Mark, it's a long way for me from sunny Bournemouth but I do feel strongly about the issues I raised and would consider coming to next year's AGM.

If you don't like something and want to change it you have to make it happen

Can you tell me what is the best way to find out when/where it will be held?
Old 30-10-2014

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
If you dont have the time or the money to go to the AGM why dont you see if there is one person willing to go to represent your club. If every club had one representative the general opinion of average joe racer would be heard. I went to the agm. It was a 160 mile found trip. Next year they are hoping the AGM will be held at gaydon motor musesm. I believe this will include entry to the musesm. So more of a day can be made of it. fry.
Quote:
TBH that's a fair comment Mark, it's a long way for me from sunny Bournemouth but I do feel strongly about the issues I raised and would consider coming to next year's AGM.

If you don't like something and want to change it you have to make it happen

Can you tell me what is the best way to find out when/where it will be held?
Allways on the BRCA website www.brca.org, think there looking at the 3rd week in October, but it is usually the last sunday.
http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/
Old 30-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Allways on the BRCA website www.brca.org, think there looking at the 3rd week in October, but it is usually the last sunday.
http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/
Thanks, might see you there
Old 04-11-2014
Mad Member

"For me the biggest problem here is not the extra £20 for an "approved" LiPo pack but the behaviour of "yes men" like Mark Christopher and Neil Skull, trying to bully and intimidate people into towing the party line and signing up to what amounts to a price cartel. Looking back through history, all corrupt systems of government have relied on people like these two to basically go out into the general population and put the boot in to anyone who disagrees with the party line. Hitler had the Gestapo, Stalin had the KGB, and we get Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee."

I have to laugh at this, I don't know whats more offensive being called a yes man, likened to communism or likened to Mark Christopher

The reason I have an opinion on this is i do follow the rules, We are in the business of selling Lipos, we pay import duty and all the other cost's for importing dangerous goods into the UK. When people get goods smuggled into the country and don't pay what they should by law it does annoy me. Its not fair and it affects my business. The BRCA advocate the correct and Legal selling of goods into the UK. For Insurance purposes alone the cost of the paper trail is big. You buy from HK you don't have the peace of mind and you are robbing this country of taxes due by law! Shame on you who live the life of criminals ! i also expect you buy cheap DVD from the Chinese man from the pub! and don't understand how that affects people like Blockbuster!!! all you are doing is taken money from UK People and giving to Charlie Chan!!!!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 04-11-2014

This thread is awesome, maybe it should be scripted into a film. God i'm crying with laughter at some of the posts. Keep it going guys, film 4 may be getting in contact pmsl
Old 04-11-2014
Mad Member

+ 1 on that Rich - lets keep it alive!
Old 04-11-2014
Mad Member

And for the record - HK do not smuggle their goods into the UK, if they did you would only be able to buy them through the window of a blacked out car in a back alley using the code word "dead nimh geeza"!!!!. I too have an opinion on this as I am sick of being ripped off. Why pay £80 + for a 120A esc when I can get a Turnigy one from HK, from their uk warehouse with all taxes paid, that is the same quality for £30. It is sad when UK businesses struggle, but the fact is that the market is are changing. Also also, when you refer to people who don't buy from you as criminals, or refer to far-east retailers as "Charlie Chan", it kinda puts people off buying from you.

I've probably just upset every uk retailer by saying this!
Old 04-11-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
And for the record - HK do not smuggle their goods into the UK, if they did you would only be able to buy them through the window of a blacked out car in a back alley using the code word "dead nimh geeza"!!!!. I too have an opinion on this as I am sick of being ripped off. Why pay £80 + for a 120A esc when I can get a Turnigy one from HK, from their uk warehouse with all taxes paid, that is the same quality for £30. It is sad when UK businesses struggle, but the fact is that the market is are changing. Also also, when you refer to people who don't buy from you as criminals, or refer to far-east retailers as "Charlie Chan", it kinda puts people off buying from you.

Sorry I need to Clarify, when I say HK I mean Hong Kong!!!! I still think very few people pay import duty on goods from overseas.
And for the record Charlie Chan is the bloke who sells DVD at our pub!

if you don't like being ripped off from paying taxes in this country, you need to stand for PM (that's prime Minister not private message) or bunk in with CC (Charlie Chan) the only taxes he pays is to the barman who lets him in every Friday night!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 04-11-2014

At least you're honest and say the list is there for your business purposes. Found a brca thing on Facebook the other day and this thread was being discussed on there. 100% seemed to back the list, so I'll just keep doing the series I do and not worry about what equipment I have for regs. More fun that way

Last edited by dazp83; 04-11-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Bla bla
Old 04-11-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
Sorry I need to Clarify, when I say HK I mean Hong Kong!!!!
Ah ok - thats fair enough.

I do spend a lot of money in UK hobby shops but I do order some things from HK - mostly Tamiya/3racing stuff you can't get in the UK.

Why stand for PM when you can have good old rant on here
Old 04-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
"For me the biggest problem here is not the extra £20 for an "approved" LiPo pack but the behaviour of "yes men" like Mark Christopher and Neil Skull, trying to bully and intimidate people into towing the party line and signing up to what amounts to a price cartel. Looking back through history, all corrupt systems of government have relied on people like these two to basically go out into the general population and put the boot in to anyone who disagrees with the party line. Hitler had the Gestapo, Stalin had the KGB, and we get Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee."

I have to laugh at this, I don't know whats more offensive being called a yes man, likened to communism or likened to Mark Christopher

The reason I have an opinion on this is i do follow the rules, We are in the business of selling Lipos, we pay import duty and all the other cost's for importing dangerous goods into the UK. When people get goods smuggled into the country and don't pay what they should by law it does annoy me. Its not fair and it affects my business. The BRCA advocate the correct and Legal selling of goods into the UK. For Insurance purposes alone the cost of the paper trail is big. You buy from HK you don't have the peace of mind and you are robbing this country of taxes due by law! Shame on you who live the life of criminals ! i also expect you buy cheap DVD from the Chinese man from the pub! and don't understand how that affects people like Blockbuster!!! all you are doing is taken money from UK People and giving to Charlie Chan!!!!
Who said anything about communism? I likened you to totalitarianism which is completely different, and furthermore you have shown yourself to be a totalitarian by threatening to shop people to the "authority's". Maybe you should read George Orwell's "Nineteen-Eighty-Four".

It's a very revealing thing to treat your fellow human being in this way and i'm afraid it does indeed make you a yes man, because you've shown you're willing to drop someone in it in order to be a small cog in a big (corrupt) machine.

Plus the fact, if it makes you that angry and if you really have that much of a desire to go out and bring to justice someone who has "robbed this country of taxes" I can think of 600 scumbags in Westminster who between them have defrauded you and I of more money than a few blokes going racing on a Sunday ever will. You're legally entitled to go straight down there and make a citizen's arrest.

TBH I can (up to a point) see what you're saying about not being able to compete with Hong Kong on price but I can't help thinking some of it is greed on the part of the UK importers, I mean how can what is effectively the same thing be 3 times the price? It's ridiculous. You're getting all offended now people are finding ways round it but before globalisation came along you and many others were happy to rip us off year in and year out!

As others have said I spend a lot of money in UK model shops. Many of them are 1st class and run by nice people but the shops are as much victims as we are because there are items like motors, batteries and ESCs where, compared to buying Hobbyking stuff from the UK warehouse, the markup makes buying it just plain unrealistic. If the UK importers and retailers set retail prices at sensible levels there would be more people willing to try the sport in the 1st place, grids would be full at the tracks on Sundays and the industry would make more money.

Last edited by HOTSHOT III; 04-11-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post

No, I disagree, you do NOT get the same quality as most of the more expensive ones, I have been involved in testing and trust me, there is a BIG difference, also, when you buy Turnigy, what you are buying is technology developed by others and paid for by them, then, hopefully, Turnigy are buying their prodcut from HobbWing etc under their spec but you are NOT getting the same 'quality' as others. This is esc (so spec of the FETS and other components), motors (gause rating of the rotor for starters, how compressed the material is on the rotor etc), batteries (density of the polymer layer, quality control etc).

What you do see now though is that the electronics you are now buying is SO GOOD that even the cheap stuff is sufficient for 95% of RC owners, whereas even 5 years ago you had no choice but to buy the good stuff to go racing.

As for buying from Hong Kong, you take your risk, I bought most of my Tamiya stuff from there in the past, paid import duty on most of it to. The main reason being that the local distributor was and still is SHIT, prohibitively over expensive and never had stock, it got better when the exchange rate dropped and Tamiya put in place a Global Pricing Policy.

And Neil Skull, most definitely the worst is being likened to Mark Christopher
Old 04-11-2014
Mad Member

yhanks for the insight DCM. My last esc before buying the Turnigy one was a 5 year old Speed Passion so they were probably on-parr. Despite the quality not being the same, it is still really good however.

On the Tamiya front, I totally feel what you are saying - buying kits in the UK is fairly straightforward, but getting spares/hop-ups can be an expensive nightmare in the UK! I have been a real fan of the 3racing products but that inevitably means buying through HK.
Old 04-11-2014

3Racing and other parts are readily available in the UK.

As for the electrics, unless you are pushing on or can feel differences in power delivery etc, then you can get away with the cheaper end, but just remember that they are either a) buying the product from someone like HobbyWing or b) due to Chinese lack of copyright, blatantly copying a product. What you don't get with Turnigy is the constant development/deefback which gives us such high class ESC's that we have now where even the ones aimed at the club racer are sufficient for most purposes that they are used in.

Hope that maybe answers your questions about cost, quality and development. I.E. Turnigy limit cost by reducing quality and neglecting development but you still get a reasonable product in your hand.
Old 05-11-2014

going way off topic here but half the moaning re the brca EB is price. Just did a quick price comparison on a schumacher mi5evo..

amain hobbies £312
schumacher uk price £380

try doing the same on some batteries.......

rip off britain
Old 05-11-2014

Yeah but that's to do with exchange rate etc, they do pay three dollars for a gallon of petrol though.