Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 01-06-2014

Default What's the confidence like in durango now?

Just want to get a feel for what people are thinking about durango and parts support since they were taken over and the recent issues with getting spares.

Is the dex210 a supported car or would you go elsewhere if you could?

I have a dex210 which was a fantastic deal at the time (was a RTR) and now is my son's car. I'm looking for a 2wd club racer car and am wondering whether the car and spares are going to be supported over here or if I should move to another brand?

Fantastic car btw, but I'm wondering if there are better alternatives now?
Old 01-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've never really had a problem keeping my 210 and 410 running, but stocks of spares do still seem to dry up. If you don't mind going international its less of an issue - if the UK is out the US normally as a decent supply.

There doesn't appear to be a big name team nationally though, which means less setup advice etc.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 02-06-2014

Parts should be a lot better now, it took a little while for everything to get sorted but is close to normal again
Old 02-06-2014

other then the new v2/v4 parts, everything else seems to be pretty sorted for availability.. On occaision theres a part that gets hard to find, but its not often in the 1/10 stuff. I suspect there is still a lot of growing pains but they are working towards making it better, especially the new stuff (like I was looking for a front dogbone for the 410, the old one is every where, the new one has an eta of september)
Old 02-06-2014
Mad Member

I can only speak for the DEX210. I've switched to a LRC (RR and RF hangers), LWB chassis (custom) and a V2 rear shock tower (the most elementary chanes on the 210V2). With these mods the car handles like a dream - However, I'm completely bummed out by the quality of the drivetrain parts (DEX210):

- The outdrives wear extremely quick (+/- 8 races)
- Some driveshafts have a cracked head (outdrive side) out of the factory.
- 1/3 of the replacement parts that were sent to me have issues: cracked driveshaft heads, too large or too small bearing seats on the outdrives and the replaced outdrives seem to wear just as quickly (whilst they stated it was probably a bad batch).

And it just seems that the customer service is getting worse by the day: The first times I had issues they responded right away, last time I had to wait a month and write an angry post on oOple, and this time it seems they're not responding... again!

Parts stock I wouldn't be too worried with: So far I've always managed to find what I'm looking for when I need it - not always all of it at the same store, but I guess that's not the case for many brands. I used to drive Tamiya before, so I'm used to searching for parts

All in all, the Durangos are good cars, but they are really let down by customer service. I've heard the stories of other people before and didn't have problems yet myself back then, so I thought it wasn't too bad... But it seems that I underestimated that!

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy