Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 21-05-2013

Default X2 Astro setup

Hi guys
I'm just getting back in to racing after a long break and have got myself a cheap X2 pro to see how I get on. I know the fashion is mid motor but at the moment skill is my limiting factor and keen to set it up the best I can given the limitations of rear motor. At the moment I'm running it stock but with 70g weight on the servo, it's OK but sure it could be better. Has anyone got any recomended set ups? How much weight should I be running up front?

thanks for the advice
Richard
Old 21-05-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Put the weight under the servo, and then a sheet of lead/brass under the lipo...
The X2 evo chassis (think its +8mm?) is a big improvement and not too expensive!

What dont you like about the car at the moment and can you post a set up? That way we know where your at

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 22-05-2013

Hi
All links are in kit position (will detail later), kit oil in shocks (20wt?), kits pisotons, kit springs, shocks in outer position on wishbone F&B, inner hole on shock mount @ back, middle @ front. I'm running Schumacher mini pins and low profile cut staggers in yellow compund. Electrics wise I've a 5.6 stick lipo and 7.5 turn Orca with Orca spark esc. I've 70g wheel weights on the servo.

In terms of handling:
The front goes light on acceleration - I've loosened the slipper which helps but should I add more weight, how much?
The font end seems soft/under damped on jumps
It grip rolls fairly easily - the sping adjusters and shock ends are wound right down at the rear so can't adjust the ride height further but the car still rides higher than most at the rear
Under/over steer isn't really an issue, or not until I cure the grip roll!

thanks for the advice
Richard
Old 24-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
Hi
All links are in kit position (will detail later), kit oil in shocks (20wt?), kits pisotons, kit springs, shocks in outer position on wishbone F&B, inner hole on shock mount @ back, middle @ front. I'm running Schumacher mini pins and low profile cut staggers in yellow compund. Electrics wise I've a 5.6 stick lipo and 7.5 turn Orca with Orca spark esc. I've 70g wheel weights on the servo.

In terms of handling:
The front goes light on acceleration - I've loosened the slipper which helps but should I add more weight, how much?
The font end seems soft/under damped on jumps
It grip rolls fairly easily - the sping adjusters and shock ends are wound right down at the rear so can't adjust the ride height further but the car still rides higher than most at the rear
Under/over steer isn't really an issue, or not until I cure the grip roll!

thanks for the advice
Richard
Move the shocks to outer hole on the wishbone. Harder oil in the front. And probably a harder oil in the back, so say 32.5 front and 25 rear.

Try that first

I would say you have the right amount of weight on the front so so with regards to it going light under acceleration I would either add some limiters in the shock at the front to remove some droop (although you might loose quite a bit of droop by moving to outside hole on the wishbone)

There is always the anti squat mod where you remove the back of the battery tray on the chassis and then raise the front pivot block by adding some spacers underneath. That will add Anti-squat which should decrease the back end squatting under acceleration and also will help the back end rotate in tight corners.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 24-05-2013

cheers will give it a go