Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 29-03-2013
nitro_head nitro_head is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: IPSWICH , suffolk
Posts: 36
Send a message via MSN to nitro_head
Default

could you take me out please..... ive got to work.....no a happy bunny





simon m

see you all at the next round

Last edited by nitro_head; 29-03-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: left somthing out
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 29-03-2013
David Church's Avatar
David Church David Church is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trelleborg, Sweden
Posts: 3,320
Default

Hello,

I'm not from your region, but I saw this thread and thought I would make a comment.
As this meeting is a regional race I thought they were supposed to have 4 rounds of qualifying.
I know you are packing loads of track time in on a single day, which is great, and it's also great to see your region growing as are many regions in the country. So good job on getting more people racing

Dc
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 29-03-2013
Tony G Tony G is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtc3 View Post
yes you can camp over sunday night,
what time will you be arriving


We should be there about 2pm on Sunday, really looking forward to this meeting, also looks as if the weather will be with us as well.

Tony
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 29-03-2013
Coastal's Avatar
Coastal Coastal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Hello,

I'm not from your region, but I saw this thread and thought I would make a comment.
As this meeting is a regional race I thought they were supposed to have 4 rounds of qualifying.
I know you are packing loads of track time in on a single day, which is great, and it's also great to see your region growing as are many regions in the country. So good job on getting more people racing

Dc
I believe it is up to each region to decide the format for the day, the Eastern Region normally runs this format and has been 3 + 3 for at least the last 2 years
__________________
Built it
Raced it
Wrecked it
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 29-03-2013
jcb jcb is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 1,386
Default

With regards qualifying we have in the East of England run three rounds of qualifying and three leg finals for everyone for the past three or four years and as far as understood this was going to be the case for 2013 too.

The rules as far as I can see for 2013 only state that the national championship will run to 4 rounds fo qualifying and regions have a free choice on how many legs there are for finals too.
__________________
- X-Factory , Corally , JConcepts , Avid , Exotek , RDRP

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 29-03-2013
dadtc3 dadtc3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: long sutton lincs
Posts: 196
Default

I dont mind whether it is 3+3 or 4+1,'it is up to e of e to decide,just dont leave till monday morning to make decision.need to know.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 30-03-2013
Smartalec's Avatar
Smartalec Smartalec is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
I believe it is up to each region to decide the format for the day, the Eastern Region normally runs this format and has been 3 + 3 for at least the last 2 years
As its a BRCA regional event it's up to the BRCA to provide a set of rules that have to be adhered to. The rule in this instance is rule 15.24 which states national events have four rounds of qualifying, weather permitting. Although this rule specifically mentions nationals, it is not listed as a regional variation rule so regionals should have 4 rounds weather permitting.

I don't see a problem running 4 rounds of qualifying and 3 finals for everyone, you just shorten or cancel the short course truck class as this is nothing to do with the actual BRCA regional event, merely a filler when numbers are low. Also you have an open class running for people practicing for their own regional event in the future.

The regional event is first and foremost what we are supposed to be there for so as long as that runs to the rules there will be no problems, all other classes can be doctored to suit.

Also, as you have already said, the same format has to be used for the whole regional series.

Alec
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 30-03-2013
Checa's Avatar
Checa Checa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Near Bas Vegas
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
As its a BRCA regional event it's up to the BRCA to provide a set of rules that have to be adhered to. The rule in this instance is rule 15.24 which states national events have four rounds of qualifying, weather permitting. Although this rule specifically mentions nationals, it is not listed as a regional variation rule so regionals should have 4 rounds weather permitting.

I don't see a problem running 4 rounds of qualifying and 3 finals for everyone, you just shorten or cancel the short course truck class as this is nothing to do with the actual BRCA regional event, merely a filler when numbers are low. Also you have an open class running for people practicing for their own regional event in the future.

The regional event is first and foremost what we are supposed to be there for so as long as that runs to the rules there will be no problems, all other classes can be doctored to suit.

Also, as you have already said, the same format has to be used for the whole regional series.

Alec

Don't diss the SC till you have tried it I know you want to
__________________
WWW.EMSRACING.CO.UK

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 30-03-2013
Coastal's Avatar
Coastal Coastal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
As its a BRCA regional event it's up to the BRCA to provide a set of rules that have to be adhered to. The rule in this instance is rule 15.24 which states national events have four rounds of qualifying, weather permitting. Although this rule specifically mentions nationals, it is not listed as a regional variation rule so regionals should have 4 rounds weather permitting.

I don't see a problem running 4 rounds of qualifying and 3 finals for everyone, you just shorten or cancel the short course truck class as this is nothing to do with the actual BRCA regional event, merely a filler when numbers are low. Also you have an open class running for people practicing for their own regional event in the future.

The regional event is first and foremost what we are supposed to be there for so as long as that runs to the rules there will be no problems, all other classes can be doctored to suit.

Also, as you have already said, the same format has to be used for the whole regional series.

Alec
The posted rules on the East of England site state 3 rounds qualifying with 3 legs to the finals - As JCB has said this has been run for many years with no problems and accepted by the BRCA - so why the problem now.
__________________
Built it
Raced it
Wrecked it
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 30-03-2013
Coastal's Avatar
Coastal Coastal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 210
Default

QUALIFYING
15.23 All Sanctioned events will use staggered starts for the qualifying rounds. The start order within heats for Round one can be chosen by random order, or alternatively can be based on Championship positions within each Heat. After the first Round the start order for subsequent rounds will be determined by each driver’s fastest time. 15.24 At National events, 4 Rounds of qualifying will be scheduled, weather/external circumstances permitting. If 2 Qualifying Rounds are not completed, the event will be considered null and void.

"rule 15.24 - At National events"
__________________
Built it
Raced it
Wrecked it
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 30-03-2013
Smartalec's Avatar
Smartalec Smartalec is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
The posted rules on the East of England site state 3 rounds qualifying with 3 legs to the finals - As JCB has said this has been run for many years with no problems and accepted by the BRCA - so why the problem now.
I don't see it as a problem, the BRCA rules are what we should be running to and it should be simple enough to fit 4 rounds of qualifying and 3 finals for all into the day.
For people who have not had a lot of track time at these tracks obviously the qualifying is important as its a championship and you are trying to finish as high up as possible to obtain a licence grade for the following year. So qualifying is very important.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 30-03-2013
Smartalec's Avatar
Smartalec Smartalec is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
15.24 which states national events have four rounds of qualifying, weather permitting. Although this rule specifically mentions nationals, it is not listed as a regional variation rule so regionals should have 4 rounds weather permitting.
As per my earlier post
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 30-03-2013
Coastal's Avatar
Coastal Coastal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
As per my earlier post
Exactly "National " not "Regional" if it was for every race meeting the word "National" would be omitted, by placing in it the rule the implication is it applies to "Nationals" only

I am sure most drivers actually prefer racing as to qualifying, hence more racing (finals)
__________________
Built it
Raced it
Wrecked it
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 30-03-2013
David Church's Avatar
David Church David Church is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trelleborg, Sweden
Posts: 3,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
Exactly "National " not "Regional" if it was for every race meeting the word "National" would be omitted, by placing in it the rule the implication is it applies to "Nationals" only

I am sure most drivers actually prefer racing as to qualifying, hence more racing (finals)

You are correct it does only say Nationals before it says 4 rounds of qualifying, BUT, because there is no regional variant, it stands for regionals as well.
I believe Alec wants more racing not less, he just wants his 4 rounds of qualifying as per the rules.
These types are challenges that arise when the sport grows are normal. best way to resolve them is to have a polite debate.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 30-03-2013
Coastal's Avatar
Coastal Coastal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
You are correct it does only say Nationals before it says 4 rounds of qualifying, BUT, because there is no regional variant, it stands for regionals as well.
I believe Alec wants more racing not less, he just wants his 4 rounds of qualifying as per the rules.
These types are challenges that arise when the sport grows are normal. best way to resolve them is to have a polite debate.
Having sat through a debate a few years ago with some top Brca officials regarding the best way forward for the region they seemed to totally miss the point being made by the drivers(racers) present - that all the racers really wanted was to go out and race & have fun. The majority were not interested in f ratings or entering Nationals or European or World events but just wanted to race against other people in a local series. This seemed totally alien to, and went above the heads of, the officials, who totally ignored what was being said.

Yes there are drivers who do want to get the best F rating they can, so they can move further up and enter Nationals, but to a lot all they want is to go and race (qualifying is important, but is not really racing).

I am just making the point the EoE has run to 3 + 3 for many years the EoE rules state the format as 3 + 3 and the region has never had a complaint from the BRCA.
If you enter a championship do you not read the rules, format etc. If there was a doubt why leave it the weekend of the race meeting to complain?

At the end of the day whatever is decided will be run and we will all run to that.
__________________
Built it
Raced it
Wrecked it
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 30-03-2013
David Church's Avatar
David Church David Church is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trelleborg, Sweden
Posts: 3,320
Default

I appreciate what you are saying. And more people racing is a good thing for our sport!!!

BUT, why not have 4 rounds of qualifying, as the rules state, and then 3 finals for all as Alec has already suggested?

This means more track time for all with no loss of racing in the finals
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 30-03-2013
dadtc3 dadtc3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: long sutton lincs
Posts: 196
Default

its not possible to run 4 qualifiers and 3 leg finals for all
thats 70 races
nice but not on
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 30-03-2013
Smartalec's Avatar
Smartalec Smartalec is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
Having sat through a debate a few years ago with some top Brca officials regarding the best way forward for the region they seemed to totally miss the point being made by the drivers(racers) present - that all the racers really wanted was to go out and race & have fun. The majority were not interested in f ratings or entering Nationals or European or World events but just wanted to race against other people in a local series. This seemed totally alien to, and went above the heads of, the officials, who totally ignored what was being said.

Yes there are drivers who do want to get the best F rating they can, so they can move further up and enter Nationals, but to a lot all they want is to go and race (qualifying is important, but is not really racing).

I am just making the point the EoE has run to 3 + 3 for many years the EoE rules state the format as 3 + 3 and the region has never had a complaint from the BRCA.
If you enter a championship do you not read the rules, format etc. If there was a doubt why leave it the weekend of the race meeting to complain?

At the end of the day whatever is decided will be run and we will all run to that.
Just to note, I was informed in a phone conversation on Wednesday that there were only 3 rounds of qualifying at these regionals. I was unaware of this as I thought the region was following the actual BRCA regional rules and not a set made up within the region. My appologies for not seeing this earlier but as soon as I found out (Wednesday) I contacted Colin, the regional rep and informed him of this, he informed me he would look into the matter so I left it with him.

Nowhere in any of my posts have I mentioned cutting down the amount of racing for the drivers at the Regional events, in fact increasing the amount of qualifying and having 3 legged finals (fun) will surely be a benefit to all racers?

I do feel your comments about the BRCA committee not listening to the opinions of the drivers is very unfare, they do a fantastic (unpaid) job of looking after us racers and should be commended for their hard work.

Hope this gets sorted soon so we can all enjoy (hopefully) more track time
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 30-03-2013
No. 46 No. 46 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ipswich
Posts: 161
Default

Why is it before every seasons racing there is stupid bickering about the stupid rules that the brca set out to seemingly deter the average club racer from competing at what is supposed to be the next level of racing. For myself though its not the next level of racing because i am only allowed to race the same people as i race against week in week out at the clubs i frequent. I dont get the opportunity to directly race against higher profile drivers because of another stupid piece of brca legislation. I also dont get to use all of the equipment that i and many others would like to use because of seriously outdated and poorly thought out homologation pricedures.

I am sure i am not the only one that is peed off with all of the crap that comes with the regionals. As far as i am concerned Colin is the man in charge. Ultimately he makes the decisions to how the racing will be conducted and his choices should be respected and stuck to, not questioned and undermined at every opportunity because that is what every the brca rulebook says and we have to stick to it because the book says so. I fully appriciate the requirement for rules but it should be down to the elected rep to put in place the rules that they think are neccasery and set out the racing in a way that best suits the drivers of the region and the hosting clubs of the region.

I no longer wish to read and hear of the crap that people who do nothing to help run the region give to the few that do. I would like to take this opportunity to thank colin for taking on the all to often unthanked task of running the regionals and doing a very solid job and also to benh who dragged the region up from the dogs a few years back and steering it in the right direction and for all the great work that you still do but unfortunatley i have had enough of the attitude of a few of the other racers and that really spoils it for me so i will not be racing at the first round because of this. Colin/ben could you please withdraw my entry from holbeach.

George
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 30-03-2013
Benh's Avatar
Benh Benh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 841
Default

There are very sound reasons behind the 3q+3F format to which I am not about to get into a forum debate about. (By all means over a table and face to face no problem - AGM's are the best place). But it was voted in and has not been voted out. So here are the options to anyone not in favour of it:

1 - Cancel your entry
2 - Call an EGM and get it changed
3 - Contact the 1:10 Off Road Section Committee here and argue that the region is in breach of the rules and that the EoE results will not contribute to the following F-Grades.

1 and 3 cannot make the change and will only act to influence the decision of 2.


TIP:
Option 3: Find out over the years how many and just as importantly, who went to the end of year finals and made use of the F-License awarded.

And finally, I look forward to seeing all the contributors of this thread at the next AGM!
__________________
www.brca-eoe.co.uk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com