Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 13-08-2008
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommieG View Post
Thanks again everyone! I'm overwhelmed by the response to my "newbie" questions.

Since the LRP don't take sensorless brushless motors, does it take sensored brushless motors from other makers, or is it limited to the LRP range?

I think I have made up my mind:

Motor: LRP Vector X-11 5.5 turn Brushless Motor $74.95
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...cs&pn=LRP50681

ESC: LRP Sphere 2007 Competition Brushless Controller $189.95
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...cs&pn=LRP80700

Am I on the right track here?

Tom
I've been running the RS for a while now and it is a great bit of kit and can run sensored motors and sensorless. I would recomend running a sensored motor but the great thing with this speedo is that if you sensor lead fails or the motor sensors fail/gets wet, it will still run unlike most of the top escs. Also, you can always have the latest software downloaded from the Tekin site. They are extremely reliable and probably the smallest brushless system on the market. You won't go far wrong with any of the top brands but its definately one to consider.

They also have a range of sensored motors coming out which have just been ROAR approved so should be BRCA legal very soon.
Old 14-08-2008

nobody mention castle mamba or sidewinder esc??
Old 14-08-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Thanks again everyone! I'm overwhelmed by the response to my "newbie" questions.

Since the LRP don't take sensorless brushless motors, does it take sensored brushless motors from other makers, or is it limited to the LRP range?

I think I have made up my mind:

Motor: LRP Vector X-11 5.5 turn Brushless Motor $74.95
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...cs&pn=LRP50681

ESC: LRP Sphere 2007 Competition Brushless Controller $189.95
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...cs&pn=LRP80700

Am I on the right track here?

Tom
You can't really go wrong with LRP stuff.

however, if you are in the UK I would highly recomend buying in the UK from a reputable shop.
Old 14-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net View Post
You can't really go wrong with LRP stuff.

however, if you are in the UK I would highly recomend buying in the UK from a reputable shop.
No, I'm not in the UK, but in Norway. I would however prefer to buy from Europe, like the UK or Germany, if the prices are comparable to the US prices.
Do you have any suggestions for a good webshop in Europe?

Thanks for your input
Tom
Old 14-08-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
No, I'm not in the UK, but in Norway. I would however prefer to buy from Europe, like the UK or Germany, if the prices are comparable to the US prices.
Do you have any suggestions for a good webshop in Europe?

Thanks for your input
Tom
I can't help you there unfortunately.

but I would highly recoemend buying locally and paying a bit extra for the peace of mind when it comes to warrenty and local support
Old 14-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog ruith View Post
nobody mention castle mamba or sidewinder esc??

Well I did mention it, and I love mine; it's a fabulous system (Mamba max and 6900kv). But it is a non sanctioned setup (ah the politics of racing!!) and if ever you want to race at sanctioned events, or clubs that follow sanctioned rules, it's a problem. Where I race, it's basically anything is allowed, as long as you have fun! I'd say about 90% of the racers are using Castle creations systems... But it is a small club just at it's beginings...

Cheers!
Old 14-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODMAN View Post
Well I did mention it, and I love mine; it's a fabulous system (Mamba max and 6900kv). But it is a non sanctioned setup (ah the politics of racing!!) and if ever you want to race at sanctioned events, or clubs that follow sanctioned rules, it's a problem. Where I race, it's basically anything is allowed, as long as you have fun! I'd say about 90% of the racers are using Castle creations systems... But it is a small club just at it's beginings...

Cheers!
a small club is batter than not having any club as you said its all about having fun and i love mamba system and im using it just for bashing
Old 14-08-2008

After doing a bit more research I must say the sensored/sensorless "hybrid mode" of the Tekin RS Pro seems like a useful feature. I'm also tempted by its HotWire system, as I love everything that can be hooked up to a PC ;-)

I thank you all again for your input. It has helped me to get an overview of what options I have, and I'm now pulling back to make my final decision

Thanks
Tom