Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2012

Old 08-02-2012
Banned

so woody has a pm,
what about everybody else whos been asking,no pm, this is getting stupid,
for woody not doing this event read through his previous posts this makes a few things clearer
i go back to somthing i said earlier, i believe this could cause a rule change proposal

trekkker
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Default FYI

To all those who are/are not attending BRCA National Rnd 5 Silverstone:

Firstly, i would like to make some points!!

This thread that is kindly supported by Jimmy, is not for clubs/BRCA committee members to post on. It is for you the racers/enthuisiast's to talk about what ever it is that excites you.

Maybe, if there wasn't such rubbish talked about on here you would get the club officials/top drivers posting!!!

Can i ask some question's ?? Before public forums where available, did you send in your national forms only knowing the venues when published ??? Did you then wait for the entry packs to arrive before you knew what was what ???

So......

The official word is..

There is NO overnight camping on site, we as a club though have reserved a small caravan/camping field 5 mins from the track (3 miles). We have also booked 60 on site dorm rooms which are £30 a night.

If people wish to make enquiries about any of the above then email: tufc2003@hotmail.com

As we have plenty of pitches available for the caravan/camping i will take bookings. There are limited number of elec hookups available (these bookings will not be taken untill entry packs received) There is a charge for camping and it will be in entry packs (as we are working on cheapest price). For those looking to reserve a spot there will be a non refundable deposit of £5 per booking.

There was never a secret, we as a club made sure we could cater for everyone. And as things may change for the better it was decided to leave untill the drivers who gain entry receive there information.

I just hope it doesn't rain or flood at any nationals this year as some people will be straight on here asking why boats aren't allowed

Lastly any shops wishing to trade at this National need to contact myself tufc2003@hotmail.com . Only those with permission will be allowed to trade on site.

I look forward to answering the next secret.
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Default I have been asked to post!!!!

Re: Off-Road National at Silverstone Arena.

The comments on this discussion are escalating to an unacceptable degree.

The Silverstone Club have encountered a problem regarding onsite camping that was not known when they were awarded the National event. Discussions between myself and Silverstone have been taking place in an effort to minimise any disruption. These discussions are ongoing and as soon as the full picture is clear, the situation will be clarified, hopefully within a few days.

It is indeed a great pity that a few persons are continually making negative comments 'to the World' instead of giving the organisers the time needed to solve the issue. I sincerely hope that the site owners are not reading the comments as they may decide we are not the best organisation to use their venue. As entry closing date is over four weeks away, there is no urgency for the higher licence grade drivers to make any decisions regarding entering this event as yet.

The Silverstone National being held indoors in an arena is something new for us in recent years and naturally there will be unforeseen issues that have to be solved. We are always looking for something 'new' for our National Series and this is a venue that could be good for the future. So, it would be better to work with the organisers rather than against them.

Some persons should understand that the prime objective is too ensure top quality racing for the competitors. Whilst it is obvious that camping facilities have to be considered, the Section is not in the business of organising 'week-end breaks' for families. There are other venues that restrict caravans etc. to a small number and always have been.

We will ensure the situation is known when we have all the details.

Best regards,

Paul Worsley. (BRCA, 1/10 Off-Road Chairman).
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Is it just me or does Spenner's post seem to have a lot of anger init?
Last I checked open forums were here to discuss things, and not just for things that excite you!!!

This is the first national of the main national series where camping on site is not allowed, so it will be interesting how it works.

Also Tony said it's all about the racing, well kinda, yes it is but it's also about much more! Like good friends and good racing!!!

So what is the track? ? Is it a permanent track? Is it astro or dirt? Are there any photos?
Old 08-02-2012
oOple Advertiser

It’s only my opinion Dave.
No desire to argue with anyone but I think Johns post is simply direct.
Probably after a hard days work!
Your post though Dave could be taken in many ways other if someone knows you.
You are not going to have photos of a track that is going to be specially built for the event – you know this matey.
Using Schumacher mini spikes should give a small hint of the type of track too ….
I guess I won’t ever be RC Domination sponsored now – LOL – By the way your team did good at the weekend.
Camping and all the banter etc etc is great fun but at the end of the day this is our National Championship which is probably one of the best in the World and it should be about the best tracks and racing rather than just camping.
I appreciate the cost elements and I have full faith in the Silverstone organisation crew and the BRCA to make sure they do the best available for us all.
Lets not forget this is a Worlds qualification year for the drivers as well as the Euros, the Championship and so on
Like I said, just my opinion Gents
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Is it just me or does Spenner's post seem to have a lot of anger init?
Last I checked open forums were here to discuss things, and not just for things that excite you!!!

This is the first national of the main national series where camping on site is not allowed, so it will be interesting how it works.

Also Tony said it's all about the racing, well kinda, yes it is but it's also about much more! Like good friends and good racing!!!

So what is the track? ? Is it a permanent track? Is it astro or dirt? Are there any photos?

Not anger Dave, just pointing out facts and speaking common sense!! Perhaps if we all used that clubs wouldn't have too many issues to deal with....

Answer to your secret questions?? The track is off road, it will be a permanent track for two days, it is astro, dirt, grass, concrete!! No photos as I haven't took any.
Old 08-02-2012

Simple question to ask really, do you want to race on the best tracks in the country, or do you want go a for a weekend away camping!?

We're not blessed in the UK with lots of ideal venues that are all perfect for nationals, so we have to make the best of what we have. If its a choice between racing on a great track (which you can guarantee is what silverstone will provide) or going somewhere like talywain, camping available, but track not so good (those are my kindest words ) then i know what i'd choose.

At the end of the day we go racing to race, not to get drunk or sun it up with our families....i appreciate its not as simple as that for everyone...but hey its 4 out of 6 rounds to count for a reason!

the amount of whining that happened around area 51 and all the doubters....that all got proved wrong by how good area 51 was...maybe you should all have some faith and just get on with it...

On another note, if you want official answers, you should try through official channels, i'm pretty sure oople is not one of them!
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok so it's a public forum I choose to talk on, we all know why!!!

And Tony I kinda of do sponsor you, and why wouldnt I as you are the Kyosho Team manager!!! I am the sole distributor of Nuclear Rc!!!!

I have chosen to ask these questions on oOple as I don't have regular contact to these Silverstone officials and I think these questions I ask also Have meaning for the regular driver!!!

Last edited by Col; 08-02-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2012

I think this is time for the remarks and some comments to come to a end. Just to clarify from John's (spenner) post:-

The official word is..

There is NO overnight camping on site, we as a club though have reserved a small caravan/camping field 5 mins from the track (3 miles). We have also booked 60 on site dorm rooms which are £30 a night.

If people wish to make enquiries about any of the above then email:
tufc2003@hotmail.com

As we have plenty of pitches available for the caravan/camping i will take bookings. There are limited number of elec hookups available (these bookings will not be taken untill entry packs received) There is a charge for camping and it will be in entry packs (as we are working on cheapest price). For those looking to reserve a spot there will be a non refundable deposit of £5 per booking.

The Silverstone committee will be going all out to make this a great meeting for us all. The tyres used will only be BRCA National approved, Schumacher or Ballistics.
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL View Post
I think this is time for the remarks and some comments to come to a end. Just to clarify from John's (spenner) post:-

The official word is..

If people wish to make enquiries about any of the above then email:
tufc2003@hotmail.com

The Silverstone committee will be going all out to make this a great meeting for us all. The tyres used will only be BRCA National approved, Schumacher or Ballistics.
Well done mate!!! You have made it perfectly clear, well as clear as mud!!! It has taken weeks for this info to come out when it could have been easily given weeks ago!!! I have a team to run and they want to know what this year has in store for them, so thanks for slagging e off when I need to where to book them into!!! They need to know where they are gonna sleep when racing!!!
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL View Post

The official word is..

If people wish to make enquiries about any of the above then email: tufc2003@hotmail.com

The voice has spoken....
Old 09-02-2012

how many people can you sleep in dorms
Old 09-02-2012
Mad Member

There are singles or twin's..
Old 11-02-2012

Ok thanks. I will wait for my package then.
Old 12-02-2012

Forgive me if its been posted elsewhere but why is this National being held indoors? Silverstone have a brilliant astroturf track already....oooo errr, hope its not on carpet, me no like!
Old 12-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

" ............................................. The track is off road, it will be a permanent track for two days, it is astro, dirt, grass, concrete "

Sounds good !

See My Feedback

Old 12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
" ............................................. The track is off road, it will be a permanent track for two days, it is astro, dirt, grass, concrete "

Sounds good !

ooohhhh goody gumdrops

Edit: Must be one hell of a venue!
Old 03-04-2012
Mad Member

Hi,

So just after I got my entry confirmation I emailed the email address in the info pack about booking the onsite accommodation...got no reply, then emailed again a couple of days later, still no reply.

Anybody know what's going on with that now? Is there a typo in the info pack or something? Would like to know please
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 11-04-2012
Mad Member

***UPDATE*** All sorted now, cheers John
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 11-04-2012

What e-mail address are you using?

Is it different to the one mentioned previously in this thread for questions regarding accomadation etc - tufc2003@hotmail.com