Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 14-12-2007
Mad Member

Smile Mansfield Christmas Meeting.28/12/07

Hi all. This is an open invite to all you buggy racers out there. On friday 28th December we are running an indoor all day race meeting. We hope to kick off around 10am and will run till around 4pm. It is going to be a nice casual affair to hopefully introduce some new friends to our club and venue. We are as always running on multi surfaces with the usual array of jumps and hopefully some new ramps too(if chris gets time). Tourers are also welcome but I feel dirty mentioning them on this site! Please do come along. We do have great racing and all usual facilities incl.. toilets and refreshments ect. We are just off bottany ave in mansfield. Give me a shout for any info or questions you might have. Hope to see you there. P.S We normally run on wed nights but this year it falls on boxing day and that may cause issues at home, if you catch my drift.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 27-12-2007
Mad Member

Is this still happening? If so, what time do the doors open and racing start?

cheers
Old 27-12-2007
Mad Member

Yes mate. Its still on. Doors open 'bout 9.30. Should be a good fun day. Hope to see you there.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 27-12-2007
Mad Member

Nice one mate. Ill be there.

cheers
Old 28-12-2007
Mad Member

Smile

Thanks to all who attended todays meeting. We had some new faces and I hope they enjoyed it. It was good close racing and loads more buggies than tc's which is how we like it! I hope to see you all again soon and dont forget that we race every wednesday night from about 7(doors open at 6ish) so come on down and lets have some more great buggy racing! Anyone with ideas on how to improve our club or track, please dont hesitate to comment. We want it to be great fun for all concerned and any feedback would be gratefully received. Thanks again.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 28-12-2007
Mad Member

An excellent day had. Ive been twice now and the off road track layout has improved from the 1st time to this time. I would recommend people to come try it out for some midweek racing. Some thoughts on the track: I think people found having the large jumps so far away from the rostrum, and at an angle, made it difficult to judge there approach hence lots of broken wishbones however I appreciate this is difficult to get around when running touring cars along side off road. In an ideal world the large jumps would be better closer to the rostrum and having the straight and carpet area further away. Also maybe not having the pillars straight after the massive jumps! Although it was fun to watch!

But overall a great day and venue with lots of potential and would definatly recommend it. I shall be coming back on wednesdays whenever I can for some midweek practice.

Thanks to all involved in running the meeting.