Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 24-04-2013

Default RASCAR - Radio controlled American Stock CAr Racing

My name is Chris Wareing, currently promoter of Radio controlled American Stock CAr Racing.

The story behind where we are now, I am a NASCAR fan and living in the UK we had nothing to satisfy my need for RC NASCAR racing, so what did I do? Create my own series! However, I didn't want to be the same as our current RC oval series, these are based on mainly contact formulas and we had nothing that really matched what I wanted.
So, like NASCAR, we went back to basics in terms of the chassis. We are one make (however not one chassis); all these are manufactured by Mardave and are designed to be simple.
Our criteria for the series are Difference, Simplicity and Equality...as explained below:

Difference
It's easier to say how we're the same as other oval series... well, we race on ovals and indoors; but that's where it really starts and ends.

The main differences are:

RASCAR is a one make (Mardave) however NOT a one chassis series, with all Mardave chassis' permitted.
We do have control one make, 17.5t motors, cars can only use hard case 1s LiPOs, blinky speed controls and one make rubber tyres.
Body shells will be NASCAR Generation 6 replicas, made out of ABS, to encourage rubbing (not brutal contact like some other formulas) during close, NASCAR style pack racing.
Like real racing, we will race to a lap target, rather that as many laps within a time limit. This will be shorter for the qualifying races, while the finals will be raced over 150 or so laps.
In the final, all racers will have to make a mandatory pit stop within a specified window. This will be of a stop/go type and work does not necessarily need to be carried out on the cars during this pit stop.
Rolling starts will be used at the start of each race, with caution periods when needed, using a pace car.

Simplicity
Simple doesn't automatically mean boring. We want RASCAR to be easy to understand, whether you've been racing RC for ten months or ten years; with a bit of teaching you'll get to understand the RASCAR way.

Being simple can also mean not spending a great deal on parts. Mardave parts and upgrades have always been good value for money. By using brushless motors, not only are we keeping it simple, but keeping long term costs down as, for example in the motors, there are not as many moving parts, equalling less things to go wrong. Blinky speedo's mean you don't have to read up for hours on how to set it up, its quite literally plug and play.

Again, by using 1S LiPO's, we are already matching what other oval formulas are doing, so its quite feasible to race your Mardave banger or hot rod on the Friday night and with a few simple changes, have it ready to race RASCAR on the Saturday morning.

Equality
We believe we can make RASCAR as equal as possible, so the winner of the races will be based on skill, if not a little bit of luck.

In other RC series, its based on how much money you have in your bank account. Anyone can buy success, but this can take the fun out of it. There are many reasons why the top drivers are sponsored and many would admit, without help from their sponsor(s) it would be almost impossible to race in all the events they take part in.

So where does RASCAR come in to this; well, our differences + our simplicity = our equality. By penning the rules we have done, we have created an equal series, where it is the skill of the driver which will be the main factor in winning the day.

We haven't done this by accident though, and, as such, we have rules in place which will continue to see that RASCAR is one of the most equal formulas around.

Attached is a picture of one of the RASCAR', showing how close to real life they look.

More information can be found on www.rascar.co.uk or by searching RASCAR on Faceook and joining our group or liking our page.

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0183.JPG (281.9 KB, 31 views)
Old 26-04-2013

Why 17.5 ??

When most people with a mardave / supastox run 13.5

What mardave chassi is it?

If its any then could I run my fully hopped up carbon cec ?