Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 30-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
I am disappointed that I cannot race alongside the likes of nathen waters and other top drivers that would normally race in a different region, to see how I compare and to be shown really how to do it. I know you can compare times but its really not the same, and the open class just drags the meeting out in my opinion.
If there wasnt an open class, then Nathan Waters and the other fast drivers from a different region wouldnt be in attendance anyway.

I personally think that four qualifying rounds and one final gives a more accurate representation of your ability. Finals are often first corner pot luck. Thats partly why the A final is split into three at national events. I do agree with Mr Hicklin though and am more than pleased to race whatever rules you guys have decided upon as a region.

Lets hope it stays fine !

See My Feedback

Old 30-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Right, I'm going to stop taking the pee out of hubbard just for a min!

Few of things to remember here for all those new to the EOE.

a) Only a few years ago the EOE had so few drivers the regionals were shelved for a season, in fact the last EOE agm I attended a couple of years ago...4 of us in total we again scrapped the region as it was decided not enough drivers from clubs were prepared to travel thus one meeting would have 15drivers the other 5. But people put themselves forward to run things and a region was patched together last year, we only had low numbers thus running on one day makes good sense, also sct was a good thing to again increase numbers. Infact last year our regional rep vanished half way through and our reps now stepped in at very short notice.This building of the region should also be thought about when considering the entry costs discussion, If you told me in December the EOE would have 80ish drivers at the 1st meeting I would have laughed at the thought

b) over the last few years our main objective in the region has been to get people racing, brca aside we just needed to get people into our hobby thus why we don't run tyre rules,strict scrutenering etc, we don't all have a brca book in our back pocket ready to grab and quote at each other from at every opportunity, when it comes to track dimensions, motor rules battery rules etc etc.

So to be totally fair I think the size of our 1st meeting has caught all in charge slightly on the hop, this time last year we would never have dreamed of these numbers in the EOE,so lets not give the guys running the EOE to much to worry about or a hard time.
Yes many of us find the F grade of little interest as we will unlikely make use of it
It will be great to see many new faces from other regions,and regions that have run far more brca national style regional meetings with triple the entrys of ours over the last few years......I hope

last note, we have from what I can see 26 EOE drivers in 2wd and 29 in 4wd 16 in sc, so with past history in mind these numbers could half by mid season ...15 a class! and we have been there more than once before so lets change noting yet.....

Now back to Hubbard abuse

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 30-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
Right, I'm going to stop taking the pee out of hubbard just for a min!

Few of things to remember here for all those new to the EOE.

a) Only a few years ago the EOE had so few drivers the regionals were shelved for a season, in fact the last EOE agm I attended a couple of years ago...4 of us in total we again scrapped the region as it was decided not enough drivers from clubs were prepared to travel thus one meeting would have 15drivers the other 5. But people put themselves forward to run things and a region was patched together last year, we only had low numbers thus running on one day makes good sense, also sct was a good thing to again increase numbers. Infact last year our regional rep vanished half way through and our reps now stepped in at very short notice.This building of the region should also be thought about when considering the entry costs discussion, If you told me in December the EOE would have 80ish drivers at the 1st meeting I would have laughed at the thought

b) over the last few years our main objective in the region has been to get people racing, brca aside we just needed to get people into our hobby thus why we don't run tyre rules,strict scrutenering etc, we don't all have a brca book in our back pocket ready to grab and quote at each other from at every opportunity, when it comes to track dimensions, motor rules battery rules etc etc.

So to be totally fair I think the size of our 1st meeting has caught all in charge slightly on the hop, this time last year we would never have dreamed of these numbers in the EOE,so lets not give the guys running the EOE to much to worry about or a hard time.
Yes many of us find the F grade of little interest as we will unlikely make use of it
It will be great to see many new faces from other regions,and regions that have run far more brca national style regional meetings with triple the entrys of ours over the last few years......I hope

last note, we have from what I can see 26 EOE drivers in 2wd and 29 in 4wd 16 in sc, so with past history in mind these numbers could half by mid season ...15 a class! and we have been there more than once before so lets change noting yet.....

Now back to Hubbard abuse

well said dave
Old 31-03-2013

Having thought hard & long I have to agree with George so please remove me from tomorrows meeting in both 4WD & SCT.
I won't be racing in any other rounds, but Coastal will still hold its' round this year.

Barry
Old 31-03-2013

So many dummy's being spat out, deal with way every other region do regionals to get f grades every one else does it that way so it must work and you can compare against all other F2 F3 F4 F5's. Rest of the year do what u like find a car park and spin the cars around, Embrace change rather than making a big fuss.
Is The BOL**OCKs F3 Driver
Cougar Sv2 Cat SX3 Owner
Winner of the 4wd G final F345
BQ of round 2 2wd Oswestry National
Old 31-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

On another note, just tried to go onto the EOE site to update connors new PT number (just got him a pt) and comes up with a message saying site down until further notice

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 31-03-2013

just let me know the number and i will put it in the meeting
Old 31-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

cheers, connor watkins, he's booked into 2wd, just recived his transponder and number is 2413934.

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 31-03-2013

Tis done
Old 31-03-2013

Default ye olde seaweed Weather report:

Monday:

A frosty start for most. Mainly dry with bright or sunny intervals and with just a few isolated, light wintry showers. Continuing to feel cold in an easterly breeze. Maximum Temperature 5 °C.

Wind: 14mph from the east

C U ALL TRACK SIDE
Old 31-03-2013

Default colin/ben

colin

please would withdraw leslie woods & mark woods from holbeach meeting

thank you .