Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 02-02-2008

Send a message via Skype™ to westie
Question Newbee

Alright guys, bought a b44 last week and using it at club level atm. what do i need to do to run at regional level? aslo what are the f1's-f5's mean?

sorry new to 10th off road

westw00d
Old 02-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Apart from BRCA membership and the ability to get up at stoopid am to get to the event there is nothing different to any other meeting.

The F-grades denote your proven ability.

F1s are only awared to the top X % (can't remember exactly what the number is) at nationals

F2s are awarded from both nationals and regionals
@ nationals it is the next y% after the X% (again can not remember the exact numbers)
@ regionals it is the top X% again

F3s are awarded from regionals, again the top y% after x%

F4s the next z% after the x & y % @ regionals

F5s are the remainder and new to 1/10th off-road drivers

The F-grades are updated at the end of each session

Your licence grades also go down by one grade each year that you don't race a qualification series in.
For example last time I raced a qualifying series in 1/10th off-road was 3 years ago and I was awarded an F2 grade so 2 - 1x3 = an F5 ..... so I will have to race as a noob this year.

You would be an F5 as a noob to 1/10th O.R.

Does that make sense?
Old 02-02-2008
Mad Member

Depends where you live as to which region you will enter your local club should be able to help you with this. I race in the North West region which is probably one of the quietest ones but has two of the best tracks Bury and Southport. You will start your first season as an F5 and depending on how you finish after the six regional rounds you will gain a higher licence.
The licence grades are worked out as a percentage of all drivers that have done enough qualifying rounds in the regional series so the top 30% get an F2 the next 20% get an F3 and so on F1s get there grade from national level. Hope this is clear to you and enjoy. It is good to get your F rating up if you want to do nationals as F5s struggle to get in for nationals as I did a couple of years ago. If anything I have said is incorrect please correct me somone.
Old 02-02-2008

Send a message via Skype™ to westie

cheers yea that makes sense, dont mind getting uo early as im getting up at 4am tomororw to race 18th off raod

westie