Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 23-01-2009

Default DTM and T1 differences (rear suspension)

Well there was me thinking the DTM was one of the latest on-road versions of the predator until i read some magazine articles on the-pred.co.uk. Turns out it was actually one of the first! I'm working on upgrading mine with some X10 parts at the moment but came accross something interesting when i read up about the T1 (one of the newer models).

I was a bit surprised to see that T1 uses plastic shock towers and dampers? Not only that, but T Tech decided to move the mounting points for the rear suspension to the hubs (see below). Would this actually make the car handle any better?

I also wanted to know if the plastic shock towers with the T1 are actually any better than the carbon fibre ones supplied with the DTM?
Old 24-01-2009

At the time the T1 was the most expensive touring car (out of their range) that Ttech put on the market. It came with alloy & carbon everything. The team drivers came to a point that the handling of the car at the rear was holding them back so, they came up with this "stand up shocks" mod. this mod was available to customers to purchase but didn't come as standard on the T1 (as far as memory serves).
I haven't seen this cheaper model you have pictured but it is a later model than the T1 I remember (the original) , further more, I'd be surprised if it was released as a T1 at all, as only the very bottom of the range came with plastic shock towers and plastic shocks.
Oh yes the plastic shock towers are much worse than the carbon as they snap in two in any serious crash, however they cost a fraction to make.
Old 24-01-2009

Thanks, you seem to know your stuff! Would i be right in thinking you used to own one?

Here's the original article (taken from the-pred.co.uk):
http://www.the-pred.co.uk/index.php?...y_view&iden=11

You'll need to click on 'download file' to view it.

The one pictured is the 'T1 racing' (£159) whereas the one you are talking about sounds like the 'T1 team' (£249)? I dont suppose you have any pictures of one?
Old 15-03-2012

Some of the Streetwise edition models (red plastic shocks) had upright rear suspension too if memory serves.
Old 25-03-2012

Interesting thread from 2009 !

I supplied the scan of the T1 review , the T1 DID only come with outboard rear dampers , it was available as a Racing spec and Team spec . Both came with moulded damper mounts, however (I think) the Team model had graphite plastic mounts while the Racing model had normal plastic mounts.

As the review says, the Racing spec came with plastic dampers taken from the Streetwise car. The T1 was the last scale tourer from TTech released 1st March 1999.

The T1 also has saddle pack battery layout rather than stick pack on the DTM, compared to the very first DTM , it has Pro shocks & BUD drive shafts amongst other things, but it's big selling point was the outboard rear dampers.
Old 27-03-2012
oOple Contributor

but where is al the data that used to be on the-pred.co.uk :'(
Old 05-04-2012

Thumbs up t1 upgraded

hi lads.

i've done a full x10 upgrade on my t1 and raced it for some time. its deffo more reliable and the x10 steering does let it hadle better than the bog standard steering.

the problem runing a pred saloon is the lack of spares floating around for them.

if you get one of these, unless you have the money to upgrade the transmission, keep it to a shelf queen.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.