Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 06-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Club Championships - shall we, shan't we?

We've got the Truck championships going on now and are discussing a vintage series, but what about all of you with 2wds, 4wds and micros?

Would you be interested in a club championships or would you rather carry on having a relaxing time, without worrying about scoring points?

Any ideas on what you would want?

Other than to say, it should be fun and that I have no intention of scrutineering cars to check motors or batteries, legal width or any of that sort of nonsense! I'll leave it you to say what you think.........
Old 06-07-2010

I'm up for that

perhaps it would be good to run it as the truck and vintage champs are done, once a month/fortnight, once a year.

PHULL PHAT - Phat Bodies
Old 06-07-2010

Well It would be better if we just put cars into classes, getting a bit fed up with being put into a mixed class.
I know you are scared of having your ass wooped by the axeman!!!

As for a championship sounds great but keep it for the winter, very busy calenders at the moment, and I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere at caldicot on a friday night...
Old 06-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post
Well It would be better if we just put cars into classes, getting a bit fed up with being put into a mixed class.
We normally only mix classes if the numbers are bit low?
Old 07-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We dont have any form of championship/trophies to battle for at the moment yet some people at the club go completely mental if their line gets messed up by anyone of any ability.

I say no to a championship till the club sorts out the rostrum warriors.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 07-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok interesting feedback, perhaps having a championship would give these drivers something to aim for and they'd relax more on non championship nights?
Any more feedback on anything to do with club greatly appreciated.
Old 07-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

However, and as controversial as this might be..

I think the idea of some sorta "stock class" would be good?

I had a good with Matt North's 10.5 shod Kyosho on Friday and it was ace! Not all about thraping it with the wheels lit up like the devil himself..more about driving lines and consistancy.
I managed to "TQ" a club meeting against afew good guys with Urshies old 20t brushed ZX5 so the pace is there, you just gotta be sensible

I know we dont get a huge number of cars at the moment, but I can think of a good handful of drivers at club who either like the easier life, or who arent as confident on track as the clubs top lads and who might appreciate a less frantic five minutes?

Just a thought after having ace fun with Matts car

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 07-07-2010

I wouldnt make it a Club Championship as such, how about a South Wales Winter Championship thats just held at Caldicot ??

So I would say "yes" to a Winter Championship once every 4-5 weeks. If it was organised with some tropheys and/or prizes, some decent advertising & banners like Balders has done for his Party Special, had a web page for it on the club website with results & pictures and something to actually aim for, i think you'd get a good few people attending from other clubs & areas who might normally not attend.

We do "relaxing" - ish virtually every week, whats the problem with 6 Fridays out of 52 having a small series going ? If we want to attract people to our area for the summer Regionals AND our clubs we also need racers to come, not just fun drivers. I reckon apart from our other South Wales clubs members we also might get more people from over the bridge & down south coast way, Cheltenham & Gloucester, some of the Hereford & Leominster racers etc etc if it were done well.

We need to get people like Craig, Dave B and Gaz Stanton racing more often at our club. You get experienced people like them driving in a series and suddenly you get more people wanting to pit themselves against them.

And if they enjoy themselves at the series race nights, they might actually attend the normal race nights occasionally too, or at the very least spread the word about us.

I like racing against different people and something to aim for. Ok ill rephrase that... ill end up being lapped by different people but the principles the same - something to aim for

At the very least, how can it hurt to try it over the winter ?

If it helps i will quite happily help with advertising, tropheys, prizes, admin, results spread sheets, updating the website or whatever i can do to help to get one running
Old 07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
We need to get people like Craig, Dave B and Gaz Stanton racing more often at our club. You get experienced people like them driving in a series and suddenly you get more people wanting to pit themselves against them.
Umm!!! you missed out my name!!!!

I am a racing GOD!!!

I was that good I was anounced as a guest racer in coventry last sunday!!!!
Old 07-07-2010

My apologies Steve. How i missed you out in the " Craig Harris, Dave Belsten, Gaz Stanton " example line up is a mystery....

Amended below -

"We need to get people like Craig, Dave B and Gaz Stanton and AXEMAN racing more often at our club. You get experienced people like them driving in a series and suddenly you get more people wanting to pit themselves against them."

Old 07-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
I wouldnt make it a Club Championship as such, how about a South Wales Winter Championship thats just held at Caldicot ??
I'm just starting to look into organising a WRCA indoors series this winter (have discussed it with H) so am not sure we could quite do a South Wales Winter Champs as well.

But I like some of the other ideas, keep em coming guys
Old 07-07-2010

Well if the swansea winter indoor wrca(or whatever it was titled) was anything to go by then i think its an excellent idea Pete. After months of club nights(which are fab!) through the winter to race the Swansea event on an awesome track and come away with trophies and a renewed enthusiasm was fantastic. Myself and O would be the first to book in for a 2010 event or series.
Old 07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
However, and as controversial as this might be..

I think the idea of some sorta "stock class" would be good?

I had a good with Matt North's 10.5 shod Kyosho on Friday and it was ace! Not all about thraping it with the wheels lit up like the devil himself..more about driving lines and consistancy.
I managed to "TQ" a club meeting against afew good guys with Urshies old 20t brushed ZX5 so the pace is there, you just gotta be sensible

I know we dont get a huge number of cars at the moment, but I can think of a good handful of drivers at club who either like the easier life, or who arent as confident on track as the clubs top lads and who might appreciate a less frantic five minutes?

Just a thought after having ace fun with Matts car

yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!! a stock class would be ace!!!

PHULL PHAT - Phat Bodies