Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 24-05-2018

Cool thanks .
Old 06-07-2018
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadio View Post
Oh I just saw something on your gearbox , there's a clear plastic window so you can see the gear mesh , how is it held in place , neither of my gearboxes have the clear plastic window , I got one NIB and I expected it to be there but it was not , at the moment both of mine have a bit of lexan held on by a screw in the front hole for the chain guard but I'd like to do it properly if possible .
Also with the RPS slipper is only one washer keyed to the shaft , the other in the picture seems to have a round hole ?
I noticed that you replaced the front lower arms , I did not know when I first got mine that the alloy arms are a copy of the later production arms and are a little longer than the original ones to give some negative camber , you need later dog bones to match them or they mangle themselves and drop out , I found out the hard way , I only mention it because the car in the first pictures has the original production lower arms fitted and presumably the shorter dog bones , the later ones had plastic arms exactly the same shape as the alloy ones you can still get , hope I'm not teaching grandma to suck eggs .
Don’t suppose you’ve got the length of the longer ones?? Or have a pair spare do you?
Old 08-07-2018

Sorry no spare shafts, I custom made the longer front dog bones for mine and my later runner has cvj's , I can measure up the custom ones I made if you want but I can't guarantee they are the same as the original ones ,they are 63mm end to end and 57 pin center to pin centre .

Last edited by Dadio; 08-07-2018 at 10:46 AM.