Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 27-01-2014

Default Blinky and stock

Right i know lovers of 17.5 blinky will kick up however
Why has touring cars become at least at club level all about 17.5 blinky and prizing 13.5 boosted in one or two heats max
People have said to me before that 13.5 boosted is to quick
And people forget about stock
13.5 with blinky and no timing on the motor
It was a lot simpler in brushed day there was mod, pro stock and stock i personally think touring cars is a area the brca need to focus on as it seems gt12 is getting the most attention
Old 28-01-2014

I race at mainly small indoor clubs but Crewe occasionally whichis a fair size track. Due to very few members running TC nowadays we mix 13.5 boosted and 17.5 blinky but guess which are generally quicker?
I still prefer 13.5 but will be making the change as I have seen the drop in power improve peoples driving.
There is still 3 classes - Mod, 13.5 open and 17.5 blinky
Old 28-01-2014

I race SPEC class at Stonehaven. SPEC class consists of 13.5t brushless motor, timing allowed on the motor, esc in blinky, 2S lipo, final drive between 5.1 & 5.4 and a control tyre (currently sweep 32) with no tyre additive or tyre warmers allowed. This class is proving very popular at the club. It was also a recognised class at the Much More GP.
Old 28-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I race SPEC class at Stonehaven. SPEC class consists of 13.5t brushless motor, timing allowed on the motor, esc in blinky, 2S lipo, final drive between 5.1 & 5.4 and a control tyre (currently sweep 32) with no tyre additive or tyre warmers allowed. This class is proving very popular at the club. It was also a recognised class at the Much More GP.
This is what i think 17.5 blinky should be as people say its slower and improves peoples racing then run spec nobody has a real advantage
Like gt12 was like when it all started to be big
Old 28-01-2014

All the times are very similar at the club so it is quite close & competitive racing. The class was initially introduced at the club to attract more beginners but it has proved popular for a range of abilities.
Old 28-01-2014

Going back to your first post the GT12 class has introduced more 12th circuit or LMP12 racers aswell ( me being 1 wasn't much for the GT12)
Like F1's they come in and out of favour when new chassis come out but people drift back to TC's, buggy's, Rallycross. Just keep promoting it in the most affordable form, they will be back!