Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 01-02-2014

Default M05 Chassis

Hey guys

Ive been having a real brain fart moment last night with my M05 and need a little guidance. I removed the rear hub carriers and fitted 3racing aluminium rear hub carriers and when i went to fit the adjustable upper arms i couldnt for the life of nlme work out how there fixed. The hole on the rear linkage is not threaded so cannot screw a ball into that and the original was a tapping screw.

A pic or instructions as to how to fit the adjustable upper arm would be great as im baffled.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by loctite View Post
Hey guys

Ive been having a real brain fart moment last night with my M05 and need a little guidance. I removed the rear hub carriers and fitted 3racing aluminium rear hub carriers and when i went to fit the adjustable upper arms i couldnt for the life of nlme work out how there fixed. The hole on the rear linkage is not threaded so cannot screw a ball into that and the original was a tapping screw.

A pic or instructions as to how to fit the adjustable upper arm would be great as im baffled.

Thanks
Aren't adjustable links fitted using a ballcup end rather than a step screw? I used an M3 x 8mm screw through the hub with a Tamiya ball nut then popped the adjustable link onto the ballnut.
Old 01-02-2014

On rear linkage you have the plastic non adjustable arms as standard that are screwed. I removed these original arms and the original hubs, fitted ball to hub but looking at the linkage it would be a different screw in order to attach ball for adjustable arm to go on. The only bit im struggling with is how to connect ball to rear linkage in order to attach adjustable arm to the hub.