Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 28-12-2012

Default Which onroad cars run the same electronics as a 1/10 2wd buggy?

Hello,

I'd like to begin onroad racing to improve my skills during the winter. I'm racing 1/10 2wd buggy for now with a Cougar SV2.

This is what I'm using:
- 540 size motor from 7.5 to 10.5 turns
- 2s lipos in saddle (2x1S) from 4000 to 5200mah
- standard size servo
- 1/10 ESC

Is there any onroad class out there that runs the same electronics and could be driven indoors too?

THE eCAR 2WD l MP9 TKI3 l S350 Evo l MP9E TKI l MBX6 Eco USA l 12R5.2 l SP12X l EMB-1H
Old 28-12-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Most of them as far as i know. My motor and radio gear has been in many a car before. For instance the one i`m running in my truck, has been in a previous truck and 2 buggys before it. i just change the motor pinion to suit the car its in.
Old 28-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
Hello,

I'd like to begin onroad racing to improve my skills during the winter. I'm racing 1/10 2wd buggy for now with a Cougar SV2.

This is what I'm using:
- standard size servo
- 1/10 ESC

Is there any onroad class out there that runs the same electronics and could be driven indoors too?
Touring car is the most obvious class, but check with the local tracks. You wouldn't find many classes for 7.5 to 10.5 motors in the UK, Belgium may be different. Saddles can be made to fit in a TC - virtually all TCs are built for stick packs but you can tape the LiPo's together. ESC and standard sized servo will be the same, you may need to have a "blinky" mode on the ESC but again that depends on the local rules.
Old 28-12-2012

Default on road classes

not true plenty pan car classes run 10.5 in boosted and blinky.1/12TH pan cars run 1s with 10.5 blinky, WGT10 pan car run 10.5 boosted with 1s So 1/2 your saddle packs will do fine .
Old 28-12-2012

This is the track I'd like to run on, it's not far at all from where I live:

I would love to try a 1/12 pan car, what do you think? Does a 1S lipo from a 2S saddle pack fit in a 1/12 pan car?

It's just to drive there when it's too cold/ rainy, for the pleasure. They have a 17.5 challenge too but pan cars are not allowed

THE eCAR 2WD l MP9 TKI3 l S350 Evo l MP9E TKI l MBX6 Eco USA l 12R5.2 l SP12X l EMB-1H
Old 29-12-2012

Just run the most popular class they run out there!

BTW where is that track?

I usually run at Nuclea Mol: http://www.rc-club-nuclea.be/

They run:
Touring (10.5 boosted and modified unlimited on 2s)
Mardave/supastox (anything goes motorwise, esc, max 2s)
1/12 pan car ((10.5 boosted and modified unlimited on 1s)
World GT 1/10
Short course truck
F1

More info/rules on the site above.
Old 29-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEENAD View Post
Just run the most popular class they run out there!

BTW where is that track?

I usually run at Nuclea Mol: http://www.rc-club-nuclea.be/

They run:
Touring (10.5 boosted and modified unlimited on 2s)
Mardave/supastox (anything goes motorwise, esc, max 2s)
1/12 pan car ((10.5 boosted and modified unlimited on 1s)
World GT 1/10
Short course truck
F1

More info/rules on the site above.
The most popular class is Touring but I would rather run a pan car, even if it's just for the practice. I race in electric offroad anyway. This track is located in Machelen near Bruxelles.
http://www.funcarmodelisme.be/

I just had a feedback on rctech from a guy who drove there with his 1/12 pan car in 10.5 and he basically said it was the best class for it. The feel of a pan car with 2wd and foams is very different from a TC, it won't be my main category. I want to run ionroad to improve my skills and for the fun factor essentially.

I've heard about nuclea on rctech, I would be interested in both WGT 1/10 class and 1/12 10.5 boosted. The only thing is that it's 2h away from where I live.

Old 29-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
I would love to try a 1/12 pan car, what do you think? Does a 1S lipo from a 2S saddle pack fit in a 1/12 pan car?
A saddle pack 1S lipo is the same size as a 3 cell nimh pack, the 1S lipos used in 1/12th is the same size as a 4 cell nimh pack. This extra size just means they can get more capacity into the 1/12th pack. Half a saddle pack lipo will work fine but you might need to add some stops to the chassis to stop the pack moving about.

The main problem will be getting your ESC to run on 1S, unless it is designed to run on 1S you will usually need a separate receiver pack or a voltage booster.
Old 29-12-2012

Some footage to get you dreaming (no pancars sadly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUmOTOSl0iM

Practise today was attended by 8 pancars.
Old 29-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
A saddle pack 1S lipo is the same size as a 3 cell nimh pack, the 1S lipos used in 1/12th is the same size as a 4 cell nimh pack. This extra size just means they can get more capacity into the 1/12th pack. Half a saddle pack lipo will work fine but you might need to add some stops to the chassis to stop the pack moving about.

The main problem will be getting your ESC to run on 1S, unless it is designed to run on 1S you will usually need a separate receiver pack or a voltage booster.
Check the height of the saddle 'half' to make sure it will fit under the centre-shock of a 12th car; many won't.

Looking at that track, I'd be tempted to try a GT12 car for it's smaller size and easier handling. You can use all your 1/10th O-R kit in that, but will need a booster or receiver pack to work with 1S. GT 12 has room for a standard servo, and no centre-shock so your saddle 'half' will fit with a bit of packing to stop it rattling around in the space for 4C or 1S. HTH
Old 31-12-2012

GT12 cars sound interesting , what kind of ESC/ motor do they run?

I saw Mardave and Supastox, are there other cars out there?

Old 01-01-2013

Quote:
GT12 cars sound interesting , what kind of ESC/ motor do they run?

I saw Mardave and Supastox, are there other cars out there?
In Mol, most of us run a 10.5T on 2s, different brands esc and motors. Plenty of speed!
Old 01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEENAD View Post
In Mol, most of us run a 10.5T on 2s, different brands esc and motors. Plenty of speed!
I just realised I missed your vid.. Looks nice!

I'm leaning towards 1/12 because I just love pan cars but they don't share much electronics with my 1/10 2wd buggy.. I could use a 1/10 pan car but it's a bit too big maybe for an indoor track. What do you think? I want a car that is the most precise possible with massive grip even if it's more difficult to drive.

Old 18-01-2013

Quote:
Hello,

This is what I'm using:
- standard size servo
- 1/10 ESC

like these lads have been saying in tc you will not be using them turn motors i find a 13.5 open is loads quicker lap times then using 10.5 that alot of our club uses as its alot more controllable though corners ect so over all alot faster laps as for your saddel just tape them together be better then goin out buying sticks for no reason servo is ok but i sergest make sure your got a metal gear one as you will need a bit more toque/speed as for esc just make sure you can do all modes so then you could change motors nd you could go to 21.5 blinky class you sure will learn alot of driving skills from tc is lern to be smoother enjoy if you do take up