Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 18-02-2018
Mad Member

Default Yz4 sf vs Xb4 2018

I'm thinking of getting a 4wd and after someone mentioned that the new yoke was a copy of the xb4 I decided too look at both. They do look very similar even the manuals. I'm tempted by the x-ray because the website the documentation and I assume support all see better than yokomo. But I used to race a yz10 so nostalgia is pulling me that way too plus it's the current world champ

Now this is a serious thread with a question as to what people's thoughts are on both cars. Anyone driven both?

Please don't let this descend into fan boy chaos slagging each other off I'm genuinely interested
Old 18-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
I'm thinking of getting a 4wd and after someone mentioned that the new yoke was a copy of the xb4 I decided too look at both. They do look very similar even the manuals. I'm tempted by the x-ray because the website the documentation and I assume support all see better than yokomo. But I used to race a yz10 so nostalgia is pulling me that way too plus it's the current world champ

Now this is a serious thread with a question as to what people's thoughts are on both cars. Anyone driven both?

Please don't let this descend into fan boy chaos slagging each other off I'm genuinely interested
Birdy from bury is your man pal he’s driven both
Old 18-02-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post
Birdy from bury is your man pal he’s driven both
I saw he was selling is yz4 guess that's not a good sign sent him a pm but no response
Old 18-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
I saw he was selling is yz4 guess that's not a good sign sent him a pm but no response
No he said was ok but he was just worried as there doesn’t seem to be any spares as Amain has bought everything up and even Mb models can’t get stock
I had look at it looks nice car wouldn’t have said there be much in them
Old 18-02-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I find that strange as MBmodels have just added more spares and hop-ups for the new YZ4-SF.

3 pages of spares and enough to build a YZ4-SF with the spares. Some parts are more than one....

What I didn't like about XRAY was the spares and hop-ups are sold as single. So you buy 1 front wishbone 1 front C-hub etc....

Performance, cant see a lot in it. Quality, nothing in it. Just buy the one you like the look of. Both are nice buggies..........

My YZ4-SF was awesome yesterday........

**** 5 Metres Speed Swimming Champion 1976****
Old 19-02-2018

[QUOTE
What I didn't like about XRAY was the spares and hop-ups are sold as single.
.[/QUOTE]

This is a huge plus in my book, its singles because they are used both sides in most cases

You could be left with many of the same side sometimes

Can't say how good the yokomo is reg build quality etc but I can say after building many xb4 17/18 for customers they are fantastic

Best car I've built ever, quality is 2nd to none

And whoever has moved to xb4 at my local has gone so much better
Old 19-02-2018
Mad Member

I doubt you will go far wrong with either choice the plus for xray is they have a recognized uk distributor and possibly more tech support as they are currently more widely available
Thats not to say yokomo wont soon catch up . Its no surprize most shaft driven cars follow the. Xray look there a very good basic design
As mentioned many drivers i know have improved just from a chassis change to xray

I dont drive much now but i know results speak loudly for both brands