Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk > Aero Racing

Old 25-04-2007

Default Aero Racing statement

To everyone who is interested,

This is a one time reaction on the multiple posts that have been spread today about the Aero Company. We were very surprised to see these kinds of accusations on the internet. As you all know the internet is a fantastic medium but it can also be abused in an awful way, this last thing is what happened today. As you probably saw there were accusations about stealing a car and abusing someone’s name as a designer. In the normal world it’s appropriate that you first find some prove and then accuse someone of something, but when you do this in a decent and civilized way you do this in front of a court, and not via the internet (were everybody can post what he/she wants).

We leave some questions open so that the people themselves can think about these:

This is a brand new company, it takes a lot of guts and a lot of thinking and studying to get something started in the real world (especially the r/c world). It also costs a lot of money! Would someone take the risk of losing all their invested money and their honour by stealing something and start a business on this basis?

This project is supported by a University; do you think a University approves a project in 5 minutes? Without checking how businesses and contracts are arranged? Don’t you think with this kind of project you have to persuade a jury to get their support?

If you where in the shoes of the designer and (suppose) you saw your car that was being built by someone else (suppose: without an agreement) and winning a big race, would you wait 2 weeks until the pre-order list (with a lot of orders!) is online to react and claim it has been stolen?

We find this a very sad business that all the websites are making this public without checking out the information (which is very heavy accusations and trying to destroy a young and ambitious company).

We try to handle business in a way of decency and moral ethics. Accusations, lies and jealousy are not part of that; this kind of proper business seems to be odd to some. We also want to say that websites and reporters are due to have a moral code which involves a check and double check of their sources before making any news public, we hope every reporter has done this. Spreading news that isn’t true is also illegal. We hope everyone who spread the rumour will have the decency to put this letter online.

We know who put this onto the net and we wish them a lot of luck in the future. We can only say that this is not our way of doing business and we won’t participate in that low level of business. If someone is thinking they are in their rights they can always go to court, we on the other hand try to answer on the race track and building proper cars for serious racers.

Best regards,

Aero racing
Old 25-04-2007

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed
Question

But you really didn't answer anything with your statement. More than anything else, a lot of hot air, really.

You're using the Durango name as well as Gerd Strenge's name as a means to promote your car. He is very adamantly saying that he has nothing to do with your company and is concerned that your car is almost identical to his design.

So you claim that you have bought the rights to the Durango. Is that true or not? Have you purchased the rights from the owner of them?
Old 25-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
But you really didn't answer anything with your statement. More than anything else, a lot of hot air, really.

You're using the Durango name as well as Gerd Strenge's name as a means to promote your car. He is very adamantly saying that he has nothing to do with your company and is concerned that your car is almost identical to his design.

So you claim that you have bought the rights to the Durango. Is that true or not? Have you purchased the rights from the owner of them?
I think you'll find they are pointing out that the whole story is b*llox… someone chucking mud around hoping some might stick!

Time to wish them all the best with the new venture I feel, looking forward to getting my hands on one of these cars.

Old 25-04-2007

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Maybe, but they didn't discount or deny any of the allegations, either. They just answered a lot of questions with MORE questions.

In my world, that's called double-talk. We 'mericans are really good at it.
Old 25-04-2007
LeeOtard

i think its best to leave it two the companies and people involved rather than to speculate....

none of us know the whole story, only the people involved....

so i think its wrong to sway opinions at this time
Old 25-04-2007
Lee-Mag

Totally agree Lee, its not really for us to be discussing on a public forum for the world to see, we do not know the facts.

Personally i think the threads should be locked until aero or mr durango clear this up officially.
Old 21-10-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post

I say leave it well alone, as its stuff thats been posted by someoen else and may not be true. Just like the newspapers, its all blown out of proportion. Its obvious that this car wasn a copy, and if you look at Associated, and Kyosho and pretty much all of the 4wd market the cars all have similarities. Dont jump to conclusions until all the facts are on the table, which as it appears they are not. Leave it to the relevant companies to deal with if it is an issue (which I doubt somehow)
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 21-10-2007
Super Moderator

There are a few similarities to the ZXR though........
Old 22-10-2007

Default Is this team BK for real?

These guys have been so quiet for so long, I was thinking : OK there busy finalizing the kit's smaller details & they will let us all know how things are coming along, but this is ridiculous, nothing for six months ... com'on.
If they don't hurry up the Serpent will be out soon...
Old 22-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_boss View Post
These guys have been so quiet for so long, I was thinking : OK there busy finalizing the kit's smaller details & they will let us all know how things are coming along, but this is ridiculous, nothing for six months ... com'on.
If they don't hurry up the Serpent will be out soon...

From their website:

news

First official pictures
We are pleased to inform you that the release date of the car is coming closer. Because we get a lot of e-mails asking for some pictures you can find some at the bottom of this page. We can inform you that at this moment we are finalizing and testing the shocks. Mails have already been sent to the people on the pre-order list, we’ll keep them informed about our release date. There will be more pictures online in the next few days!

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@aeroracing.eu
Aero racing
Old 24-02-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

The above link says "please ban me..."
Old 24-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
The above link says "please ban me..."
Old 24-02-2009
Administrator

I should have deleted Col's post also as he looks like a nutter now! There was some spammer in here who's post / life got deleted.
Old 24-02-2009

Did seem a bit wierd lol
Old 25-02-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I should have deleted Col's post also as he looks like a nutter now!
Jimmy, that implies that I'm not a nutter, and I take exception the that. I clearly am nuts